How Kikwang Finally Talked To Me

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 15
How Kikwang Finally Talked To Me


Kikwang was finally talking to me?

I gave him a suspicious look and smiled, “Hi to you, too.”

“Yah. Don’t look at me like that! ~” he said acting all shy to make me laugh. Normally, I would have laughed before but I was still in shock with him talking to me. When he realized that I did not respond he got serious. 

“Jiyoon, I’m so sorry for all the things I said to you but it was necessary at the time but now I’m totally over it. I swear. Jinja!” He said as he opened his eyes fully just like he always did when he was shocked or sincere.

“Really?” I asked. “Does this mean I get my best friend back?” I added happily matching his expression with mine.

“Yes it does! ~” He said with a fail aegyo as he put his hands on his cheeks, but it was still cute. I giggled at his try.

“Well welcome back chingu” I gave him a pat on the back. I suddenly felt happier. Things were finally going back to normal. Kikwang excused himself when he saw Junhyung approach and walked towards our maknae trio, Hyuna, Sohyun and Dongwoon. Normally Yoseob would be in that group as well but he was hanging out with Gayoon at the moment, which later I found out that they were watching their video on YouTube and reading the comments.

Junhyung had finally finished his make-up and sat next to me.

“So how was Japan?”

“It was good. How are your album preparations coming along?” I asked him. I knew he was going to ask me about Kikwang and was trying to find a way to ask.

“Good…So…You and Kikwang. Did you guys make up?” He asked with an indifferent tone.

“Yes” I answered gladly, “he is actually nice to me now. He said that he is over his feelings.” I added, “Isn’t that amazing? I got my best friend back.” I continued happily.

“That’s good,” He smiled at me, a genuine one. “I was starting to feel bad for ruining your friendship.”

“Eh?” Did he still blame himself for this? “Look,” I said and held his hand. “It never was your fault to begin with. It was me. You did not do anything wrong.” I reassured him.

“But…” He sighed,

“No buts. Do not think that you are that awesome that I would ruin my friendships for you.” I said in a half-joking 
way, “I sincerely just did not like Kikwangie the way he wanted me to.”
He gave me a look then smirked, “Whatever you say. Missy.”

“Yah! I’m being serious here.”

“I know.” He said and pinched my cheeks. Ouch. I am not a little kid!
“I was trying to lighten up the mood.”
Frustrated, I blew up my cheeks like a fish and crossed my arms. Why could I not have a serious conversation with him?

“Are you mad at me again?” He asked in a cute whiny tone which he rarely uses.

“Maybe…” I said still crossing my arms and looking away from him.

“Yaaah~ Look at me,” he said and before I could turn my face towards him I saw his face appear in front of me. He was so close that my heart skipped a beat. My eyes were widened in shock as I stared into his eyes. Then he raised his left eyebrow and I felt his trademark smirk appear on his lips.

“You are not mad at me, right?

It was impossible to stay angry at him for too long. “No…” I whispered so low that it was nearly inaudible but because of his proximity he could hear my answer very clearly. Then he flashed a smile before moving in to give me a quick kiss before anyone could see. 

I felt his lips against mine for merely a second, maybe even less, but it was enough to turn my face crimson red. By the time I could comprehend what just happened he was back to his previous position next to me.
Before I could say anything Jihyun called my name telling me that I needed to get my makeup done. I turned my head to face him and he smiled at me waving with his hand telling me to go.

“See you later,” he said and while I was finishing up my make-up B2ST was already gone to have their performance.

~o~


It was after a few weeks from the concert when we finally returned to Korea to receive the news that all of us were permanent casts in a variety show called “Bouquet.” This was finally my chance to show my variety skills. Since the recording of the show took most of my time and B2ST were working on their comeback I was not able to see Junhyung much after the concert.

I got out of my bed and got ready for the recording of this week’s episode. The new rookie groups, Teen Top and Infinite were going to be the guests on the show. The girls were going crazy over the news, especially Sohyun who liked Teen Top a lot. I preferred Infinite more when Teen Top because well they were more around my age and I liked their music more but I got to admit “Clap” was quite addictive.

The recording started and our three MCs introduced the guests after the opening. Teen Top and Infinite portrayed powerful choreographies for their introduction performance. Then, Jun Hyungdong made me and Jiyoung go through a competition of aegyo. A few episodes ago, I displayed my aegyo which was now called “reverse aegyo” and got great response from people. I had no idea how this happened obviously. 

In the scenario Hyungdong-sunbaenim was my boyfriend who found an email from another guy saying “I love you” and I had to make him stop being angry by my aegyo. It was pretty funny and entertaining to film. He even made up a name “Kim Bonjwa”.

“Who is this? Kim Bonjwa? I love you Jiyoonah? Who is this?” He said acting like he was typing. Then I approached him.

“OPPA!” I said and sat next to him.

“Who is Kim Bonjwa?”

“Kim Bonjwa? Who is he?” I asked back and everyone laughed at my silliness. “Who is it?” I repeated.

“Isn’t it me asking you?”

“I don’t know who Kim Bonjwa is, do you?”

He acted like he was about to hit me. “Who is Jiyoon’s boyfriend right now?” he asked. Junh- Obviously I could not say that on a broadcast. I was supposed to say sunbaenim’s name anyways. 

“I’m sorry!~”

“Answer the question properly. Who is your boyfriend?”

“Jung Hyungdong” I said. He tried to ask me questions again, “I don’t know. Mianheyo. Kukkoo. What do I have to do? Kukkoo?” I was getting tired of acting this. “YAH!” I shouted and everyone got shocked and laughed.

“Aren’t you being unreasonable now? Yah!” I said with my last efforts on aegyo. “I hate you!” I added and we 
ended the scene. 

Then, it was time for Teen Top and Infinite to display their performances to choose the best one. This one member of Infinite, Woohyun, was a total fan boy of Seungyeon in which he kept on dedicating everything he did to her, it was cute.

Then their leader, Sungkyu, said that he wanted to sing a ballad song. Then, to make it more entertaining, the MCs decided that he had to dedicate it to one of the female IDOLS here. To increase the tension Hyungdon-gsunbaenim offered that he should not announce the person beforehand but instead walk toward the person while singing.

With the cue, the song started playing. The song… The song that Yoseob had sang to Gayoon at her birthday party. The song which I love so much, “Baby” by 4Men. Gayoon and I were sitting at the behind row while the other three were sitting in front of us and fangirling over Sungkyu hoping that he was going to sing for them. But, he ignored the first row and started to walk towards us. Ehh? Ha ha it would be so ironic if he were to dedicate this song to Gayoon, too.

But then he stopped right in front of me and continued to sing the rest of the song. I was extremely happy as it would usually be one of the more popular members that would get chosen. I always wanted someone to sing this song to me, who wouldn’t be happy?

When the song finished, he gave me a bouquet, too. Then the MCs asked why he chose me. Yeah, why?
He replied, “Just now I had a shock during the aegyo towards Hyungdon. It was really cute.”Really? I felt a smile creep to my lips. They told me to express him my gratitude. 
Well, for the show and entertainment for the viewers, I asked Sungkyu his age. “What’s your age?”

“I’m 22,”Yes! One of the girls around me whispered he is your oppa, then. “He is an oppa.” I said with a shy expression and everyone went “awww” and “gaaah” and “ooohh”

I turned towards the camera and put my hands on my cheeks, “ Sungkyu oppaa~ Gomawoo!~” I said with as much as aegyo as I could muster. The studio went crazy and I could see that the PD was satisfied with me. Yes!
Then the Infinite members started to tease Sungkyu and me and the whole studio participated.

~o~


“Come to the Cube recording room after your schedule ;)” I received a text from Junhyung after the Bouquet recording. Why did I have to go there? Weren’t they recording for their comeback album?

Nonetheless, I asked my manager oppa to drop me off at the company building. After passing by a flood of Cube trainees I finally reached the recording room. When I went in, Tiger oppa and Junhyung were the only ones left. He was about to record his parts for a song. I asked Tiger oppa what the name of the song was. It sounded amazing.

“Clenching a tight fist.” He replied before turning his attention back to Junhyung who was in the midst of recording. His voice filled the studio, so soft and melodic even though he was rapping. 


“After that, the dreams of me finding you repeats again
Just staring into your back, you don’t smile back looking at me
I happily greet you even though there is no response from you
I do this so that I won’t end up regretting after I wake up from this dream
It isn’t easy to fill up a blank space
The memories just shine a light to where you are
Words that I don’t even mean, I send them to you
Clenching my fists tight, Good luck to you”


Tiger oppa asked Junhyung to repeat one of the lines again and he was done.
He got out of the booth and approached me. “You received my text.” He said as he put his arm around my waist. I was taken aback by his sudden actions.

“I did. Why did you invite me here?”

“You’ll see.” He said looking at me and then turned towards Tiger oppa. “Thank you hyung.” He said and bowed his head slightly.

“Yup. See you tomorrow. Jiyoon-ah see you~” he said nicely to me with an amusing look on his face then left.

“My schedule is free right now so let’s go on a date.” Junhyung announced.

“Eh? Where did this come from all of a sudden?” I questioned.

“I want to spend some time with my girlfriend. Is that bad?” He retreated.

“Of course not.” I smiled up at him. “Are we going to find anywhere open at this hour though?” I asked, “It’s nearly midnight.”

“Well, food stands are open 24/7” he laughed. We exited the building hand in hand. I did not freak out about displaying affection outside as I realized we would not get caught that easily. I shivered as the night’s breeze suddenly hit me. It was not summer anymore.

“You cold?” He asked staring warmly at me.

“No, it’s okay.” He was only wearing a t-shirt. He must be colder than me I thought to myself.. 

“I know how to warm each other up,” he said and placed his right arm around my shoulders and moved his hand up and down on my right arm to make me warm. I smiled and placed my head against his chest as we continued our date.

Junhyung’s POV

After Kikwang left Jiyoon’s side I approached her with a smile. I wanted to know what they talked about but I did not want to nag her about it, for the first time in my life.

“So how was Japan?” I asked her instead as I seated myself beside her.

“It was good. How are your album preparations coming along?” She asked me. Gah, I can’t help it.

“Good…So…You and Kikwang. Did you guys make up?” I asked while trying not to reflect my conflicting emotions with my voice.

“Yes. He is actually nice to me now. He said that he is over his feelings.” I stopped for a second, and looked up at me, “Isn’t that amazing? I got my best friend back.” She continued happily.

“That’s good,” I smiled up at her, it was good to see her this happy. “I was starting to feel bad for ruining your friendship.” I added half joking, half real.

“Eh?” She looked at me, confused. “Look,” She held my hand firmly. “It never was your fault to begin with. It was me. You did not do anything wrong.” She tried to assure me.

“But…” I sighed. I could not argue with her.

“No buts. Do not think that you are that awesome that I would ruin my friendships for you” She tried to joke, “I sincerely just did not like Kikwangie the way he wanted me to.”

I looked at her, raising my left brow and smirked, “Whatever you say. Missy.”

“Yah! I’m being serious here.” She said and pouted.

“I know.” I said, pinching her cheeks. How did she manage to be so cute? She slapped my hands away,“I was trying to lighten up the mood.” I explained.

She crossed her arms against her chest and blow up her cheeks and turned away from me, facing the opposite way.

“Are you mad at me again?” He I asked in a whiny cute voice. I had never used aegyo like this before.

“Maybe…”

“Yaaah~ Look at me,” I got up from my seat and appeared in front of her with my one knee on the floor so that I could level myself with her. Her eyes grew in shock with our sudden proximity and started to turn crimson red. I smirked at her.

“You are not mad at me, right?”

No…” She whispered so low that it was nearly inaudible if I had not seen her lips move I would not have realize she talked. I knew she did not like displaying affection in front of others so I decided to stop teasing her and gave her a small peck on her lips before going back to my seat.

I heard Jihyun call for Jiyoon so she got up and left. Shortly after, it was our time to perform.

~o~


The preparation for our mini album was tiresome. We wanted to present our fans something better than what we had before and satisfy their expectations of us. Our B2UTIES deserved the best after all. On top of the preparations we were still filming Idol Maid which took up any free time we had after performances and recordings. There was a small TV in our recording room so while waiting for the other members to record the rest of us could watch TV. I personally (with Doojoon and Yoseob) preferred to watch ‘Bouquet’. 4Minute had gotten a fixed slot on the show so as their boyfriends we had to monitor them.

In this episode, I learned something new about her. Jiyoon was really good at soccer. They had brought a machine to measure their kicks’ strength. I undeniably did not expect her to get such a high score.

“Doojoon hyung. Looks like you got yourself competition,” Yoseob expressed when we were watching it.

“Psst. I obviously would get a higher score than her if I tried.” He said, annoyed. This was quiet amusing. “Have you seen these thighs?” He asked slapping his thighs to show their firmness at the same time. I rolled my eyes and Yoseob laughed and jumped up.

“Let me see hyung” he exclaimed with a wicked expression and punched Doojoon’s thighs so hard that he winced in pain trying hard not to shout. Dongwoon literally rolled on the floor, laughing. Our leader, being a violent one, cursed and kicked whoever was close to him. His unfortunate prey this time was Kikwang. 

“Yah! What did I do? Why won’t you hit Yoseob!?” Kikwang said in pain with his trademark shocked, clueless expression.

Yoseob had already ran away from Doojoon and was hiding behind Hyunseung who had just entered the room 
and had no clue what was going on. 

“Yah. What if I get injured how am I going to dance?”Doojoon shouted. 

“You’re strong hyung nothing will happen.” Dongwoon said who was still on the floor.

“You are the one to talk hyung. Why did you have to kick me?!” Kikwang argued.

I was having so much fun watching them argue and play around like this. From the corner of my eyes I saw our producer coming towards the room. 

“Come on. We need to continue recording you guys. Stop messing around.” I said and got up.

Tiger hyung entered the room. “Guys what the hell is going on here? Come on we need to finish this up. You do not have that much time left before your comeback.”

The boys muttered “okays” and “I’m sorry” while getting back on track. I knew Jiyoon was recording for Bouquet right now. I sent her a text before continuing the preperations.

~o~



I finished recording the rap part for “Clenching a tight fist” and found Jiyoon in the room with Tiger hyung. So she received my text.

“You received my text.” I stated the obvious and walked towards her. I put my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. She looked a bit shocked and embarrassed in front of hyung but I did not care much. I missed having her close by me.

“I did. Why did you invite me here?” She asked.

“You’ll see.” I gave her a look and faced hyung. “Thank you hyung.” I said bowing my head. He had been with us nearly the whole day..

“Yup. See you tomorrow. Jiyoon-ah see you~” he said staring at us amusingly and then left.

“My schedule is free right now so let’s go on a date.” I announced for her curious thoughts.

“Eh? Where did this come from all of a sudden?” She questioned instead of thanking me for thinking about this.

“I want to spend some time with my girlfriend. Is that bad?” I retreated.

“Of course not.” She smiled at me. “Are we going to find anywhere open at this hour though?” She asked, “It’s nearly midnight.”

“Well, food stands are open 24/7” I laughed. I actually had no plans whatsoever but I wanted to spend time with my girlfriend and walk around the streets hand in hand like regular couples. She seemed okay with us holding hands when she realized the streets were dead. I felt her shiver next to me as the breeze hit us upon exiting the building. It really was getting cold.

“You cold?” I asked her. Dammit, I did not have my jacket with me today.

“No, it’s okay.” She denied.

“I know how to warm each other up,” I said and placed my arm around her to warm her up. I gradually felt her place her head against my chest as we continued to walk. This would be our first official date outside.

---

A/N: Wow I actually updated with a new chapter faster this time. Yay! :) Thanks for commenting and subscribing.