How I Made Him Frustrated

The Impasse of My Heart

 


Chapter 16
How I Made Him Frustrated


Gayoon had been pretty disheartened recently. She was worrying about Yoseob as much as even more than we were. It was obvious that something was wrong with Yoseob but he refused to acknowledge it. Today however Gayoon was more nervous since Yoseob had finally agreed for the minor surgery… after Shin Bongsun unnie forced him to go to a hospital in “Idol Maid”.

“Gayoon-ah. Don’t worry too much. It’s a very small operation.” I said to comfort her as I sat next to her. We were just back to our dorm from our schedule.

“Yeah. I know but I can’t help it.” She sighed, “Put yourself in my shoes. What would you do if Junhyung-“ 
I shivered at the thought. I held my hand up to stop her from continuing on.

“Okay. Point taken.” I looked around, trying to find the appropriate words. “How about we go visit him tomorrow at the hospital?”


“That would be great!” She said as her eyes sparkled; but the sparkles died out as fast as they appeared. “What about our schedule?”

“I’ll talk to manager oppa to figure something out. Don’t worry.” I assured her and got up. I found my cell phone from the depths of my bag and called oppa.

“What is it Jiyoonah?” 

“Oppa!~ Do we have any free time in our schedule tomorrow?”

“You guys are packed the whole day.” The voice on the other end of the call replied.

“Jinja?” I pouted against the phone. “Can’t you figure something out please?” I begged, Gayoon was nodding her head behind me as if our manager could see us. “Even if it’s half an hour it’s okay. Please? We need to go to the hospital. Please~” I continued to plead.

I heard him sigh heavily. “Aish… Okay. I’ll figure something out.” He agreed. “No more than half an hour though.” He added with authority.

“Gomawo oppa!~” I chirped and hung up. I turned to face Gayoon with a satisfied expression. 

After a recording for a variety show we headed towards the hospital. Gayoon was really happy but she kept her cool throughout the whole ride. Well, until we arrived at the hospital. She was just too eager to see Yoseob.
After seeing Yoseob, Junhyung and I walked outside and got drinks. 

“So how is your recording going?” I asked him to start a conversation. He seemed too deep in thought to talk.

“It’s good. We are pretty much finished recording. We are trying to perfect our choreography.” He said. With Prepix they were bound to edit their choreography a bazillion times. They always headed for perfection.

“Well, you guys are working with Prepix it’s going to end up perfect, just like shock’s choreo.”

“I sure hope so. How is your Bouquet recording going?” He asked. It was nice to know that he knew my current job.

“It’s really fun. You know that new group- Girl’s day? They are so funny! Especially Minah! Oh and Ze:a was a guest, too. And that Kwanghee guy- he is hilarious!” I started explaining and went on. What else had happened-- 

“Why don’t you ever call me oppa?” He blurted out.

“And then—What?” I was confused, why did he suddenly ask that? Wait a second- 

“Ah.” He let out a huge sigh. “Never mind forget it.” He added looking frustrated.

“No- I’m not going to forget it. What is it? Where did this come from?” I already knew where this had come from. After accusing me of not trusting him, now it was his turn to not trust me? Why? Did he get jealous of Sungkyu-sshi?

“Just forget it. Dammit. Your 30 minutes is up. You need to. We can talk later.”He said. He was never this frustrated around me before. He gave me a quick hug. Gayoon was out of the room.

“But-but-but” I tried to protest.

“No buts. See you later. It was nice seeing you, too Gayoon!” He turned his attention to Gayoon instead. This little….GAH! I was sure to call him ask him until he would give me a solid answer. Why did he beat around the bush if he wanted me to call oppa? He could have just asked!

“Yeah.” Gayoon replied, she looked confused as ever.

“Well, your manager is here and I need to go back to Yoseob,” He said so I obeyed and went ahead. I would surely call him to figure out what he wanted!

“Well, see you.” I said.

Junhyung POV

I was dead tired, as usual. We were working on our upcoming mini album. It was already tiresome enough physically with practicing our choreography which kept on getting changed every day, and plus the recordings. We were also mentally and emotionally tired because Yosoeb had to undergo a surgery. It was a small, easy operation but it did not stop us from worrying about that cute fella. 

I had fewer schedules than the rest of the members so it was decided that I should go with him to the hospital to check up on him. 

His surgery ended pretty quickly and he was taken into his room in which I was waiting at. Yoseob was not allowed to talk for a few days. He wasn’t the most talkative person but he wasn’t the quietest one either. He had to write down everything he wanted to say on his notebook because phones were not allowed in the hospital.
Yoseob held up his notebook to me. It read “I’m bored.” I gave him a look. “What do you want me to do to entertain you?” I asked. “Do you want me to belly dance or something?” I looked at him in disbelief. 

Instead he pointed towards the TV. Oh! It was turned off. Yoseob was trying hard not to laugh at me as it would hurt him if he laughed.

I the TV and to our luck Bouquet was on. The guests were the new rookie groups “Teen Top” and “Infinite”. Their battles reminded me of what B2ST and MBLAQ had to go thought when we first debuted as rookie groups. We had to battle and be compared all the time, too. I was hoping they wouldn’t give these guys a hard time. 

I expressed my thoughts out loud and Yoseob nodded in agreement. When I started paying attention to the screen I realized they were having some sort of aegyo contest. After Kara finished their turn it was 4minute’s chance and they wanted Jiyoon to do it. Jiyoon? Aegyo? She never used aegyo on me intentionally. Yeah, she would pout every now and then and I would think it’s cute but that’s not aegyo. 

After watching it I realized why she never used it on me. It was hilarious. It was cute but as they had said it truly was a reverse aegyo. How did she even- Their scenario was pretty funny, too. She could do well in variety. Yoseob was looking away from the screen to keep himself from laughing.

Shortly after it was time for individual talents. Then, INFINITE’s leader said he wanted to sing a ballad. So for variety purposes they wanted him to serenade it to someone. As I was watching the scene unfold I realized that he was walking towards 4Minute. He was also singing “Baby” which was a song that Yoseob had sang to Gayoon 
during her birthday party.

He stopped right in front of Jiyoon. I felt myself stiffen against the seat. Yoseob was also shocked as well, but he also seemed relieved that he stopped before Jiyoon instead of advancing towards Gayoon. I knew that it was for the show and that I should not be jealous but I could not help it. How dare he serenade to her? Well, no one knew that she was dating me…but still…. Aish! Wait did she just call him “oppa”?! She never called me oppa. Not even once. I turned off the TV.

Yoseob wrote “Seems like you got yourself competition keke.” I gave him a deadly look. 

“No I don’t. It’s work. It doesn’t matter.” I scoffed at him. But I knew that it mattered. It mattered too much actually.

I was about to turn off the TV when we heard a knock on the door which followed by Gayoon’s head popping inside. Jiyoon followed the suit. I felt better seeing her after some time but then I remembered the show. I had an unreadable expression on my face.

They both entered inside fully and closed the door behind them. Gayoon turned to Yoseob immediately after giving me a nod.

“Yoseobie! How are you feeling? How was your surgery?” She asked trying to keep herself calm. Yoseob wrote down an answer and showed it to her but I did not get to see it as Jiyoon started to talk to me.
“While Gayoon is here do you want to go out?” She asked.

“Sure. We should leave them alone.”

“Yeah, we only have thirty minutes anyways.”

“That’s it?” I asked, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice. She shook her shoulders in response as in 
what can I do.

I walked past her towards the vending machine and got us 2 peach juices. Then we sat on the seats outside Yoseob’s room.

“So how is your recording going?”

“It’s good. We are pretty much finished recording. We are trying to perfect our choreography.” I answered. It felt like I was talking to a friend in this business instead of my girlfriend. Why did she never call me oppa and act cute around me? I guess it wasn’t her character but she was usually filled with aegyo around her members, too. 
So why was she only cold towards me?

“Well, you guys are working with Prepix it’s going to end up perfect, just like shock’s choreo.”

“I sure hope so. How is your Bouquet recording going?”

“It’s really fun. You know that new group- Girl’s day? They are so funny! Especially Minah! Oh and Ze:a was a guest, too. And that Kwanghee guy- he is hilarious!” She went on talking but she did not mention infinite once. Why was I so suspicious?! Gah- I trusted her. And this was just a variety show too! Aish! This is killing me!

“Why don’t you ever call me oppa?”

“And then—What?” She asked confused. 

“Ah.” I sighed. “Never mind forget it.” I said as I saw Gayoon walk out of the room.

“No- I’m not going to forget it. What is it? Where did this come from?”

“Just forget it. Dammit. Your 30 minutes is up. You need to. We can talk later.”I told her with a small hug.

“But-but-but”

“No buts. See you later. It was nice seeing you, too Gayoon!” I added to her. She looked puzzled.

“Yeah.” Gayoon replied. I saw their manager walking towards us.

“Well, your manager is here and I need to go back to Yoseob” I said frustrated. Why did I just blurt that out? It wasn’t a big deal for me normally. It was only after that show that I wanted her to call me oppa. Well, maybe I always wanted her to but did not care much. Gah! I did not know what I wanted.

“Well, see you.” Jiyoon replied and walked away. After their backs disappeared I walked back into the room. Yoseob was watching TV as usual.
---