How He Finally Confessed....

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 9
 

How He Finally Confessed…


Junhyung’s POV

I asked him what he knew and well I didn’t expect our 4D Kikwang to be this serious about something.

“I heard from it from Doojoon. He told me who Jiyoon likes.” He stated.

“Oh,” Okay this didn’t explain much or anything actually. “Wait how does Doojoon know?” I asked.

“Jihyun told him. After he asked her the billionth time she spilled the news.” He explained. Of course, how else could he know?

“That explains it.” I replied. So Kikwang bugged Doojoon to ask Jihyun. Then, Doojoon bugged Jihyun to spill the news and that was it. 

“You still didn’t ask me the main question.” Kikwang said. What was the most important question? “You can be so dense sometimes,” he sighed. Was our 4D Kikwang saying these to me? 

“Don’t you want to know who the lucky guy that stole her heart is?”

Oh, that. I was afraid of the answer. I didn’t want to know. I want to know…but…what if he is not me?

“Since I knew who he was, and I knew for a fact that the guy also liked her back since our trainee days, I was miserable. Because I knew that I couldn’t compete with him even if I wanted to.” 

What was this boy saying? Did he drink too much? “Kikwang what are you going on about? Are you going to tell me who he is already?”

He scoffed, then hiccupped, then smirked. “You” he said pointing at me, “need to find that out yourself.” Now, he was the love guru of our group? So he wasn’t going to tell me who he is?

“What should I do?” I asked. After what he said, I had forgotten that I was originally supposed to beat some sense into him for making Jiyoon cry. Oh well… 

“Go after her, and ask her.” He said simply. I turned around and started to walk away, and do just what he told me to do.

“Hyung,” he called after me, “tell her that I am sorry for making her cry, but I had to do it so that I wouldn’t hurt her more in the future.”

Woah. When did he become so emotional and thoughtful? “Sure.” I said.

When I went back inside I realized that the 4Minute girls were leaving.

If I don’t do this now, I will never have the guts to” I thought to myself then nodded. Fighting!

“Jiyoon!” I called after her. She turned around and looked at me.

“Yes?”

“Can you girls go ahead without Jiyoon?” I asked the others. “I need to tell her something really important.”

“Sure thing,” Jihyun said with a bright smile and practically pushed Jiyoon towards me. Then she ushered the remaining girls into their van.

“What did you want to tell me?” Jiyoon asked. Her eyes were still red from crying. 

“You wanna know the thing I have been trying to ask you for a few days now?” I started.

“yes…”

“You see I-“

“Junhyung hyung!” I heard Dongwoon call me. What now?

“We’re leaving, aren’t you coming?” Yoseob asked, and then stopped when he saw Jiyoon.

“I will come later you guys go ahead.” I said gritting my teeth. 

“Well then bye. Bye Jiyoon!” he said happily and pushed the remaining guys out of the building. Finally.

“Do you want to walk to your dorm with me?” I suddenly asked.

“Excuse me?” she said. “Was this what you wanted to ask me?” she pouted.

“No. I am going to say it on the way.” I stated. 

“Oh. Let’s go, then.” She said and her eyes sparkled as she smiled at me.

We started to walk towards their dorm which wasn’t too far away. Our hands kept on brushing against each other. I wanted to hold her hand but decided against it.

“Jiyoon… you see…”I started again.

“Can I ask you something first?”she said, suddenly.

“Sure.” 

“What did you do to Kikwang? I hope you guys didn’t argue. He didn’t do anything wrong…” She said looking really worried.

“Oh that? I just talked to him that’s all…” I said. “Oh and he says he is sorry but apparently he acted like that because he didn’t want to hurt you more in the future.” I smiled at her.

“Okay,” she said, looking down. “Wow, we are already in front of our dorm.” She said looking at the building. “Well, then. Good night.” She said and started walk inside.

No. She cannot leave. I needed to tell her now. I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me which caused her to spin around and stumble towards me. Her eyes were wide open and she was staring at me. Her stare was strong enough to drive me crazy and to melt my heart. Then my gaze fell towards her soft lips, once again. So without thinking about the consequences or the thoughts of being rejected, I kissed her.

My hands moved from her hands to her waist as I continued to kiss her. At first she looked shocked, but then kissed me back, with her arms around my neck. I don’t know how long we stayed like this… Then I pulled back and looked at her. She looked flushed and really cute. “Jiyoon” I said, and then embraced her, “what I have been trying to say is that-” I sighed, “I love you.” I whispered.

The moment I said the words I felt her grip tighten around me, “I love you, too.” She said. The moment I heard those three words I felt like something heavy was lifted from my heart. I felt free and…happy. So that’s what Kikwang meant. She had loved me back all this time and I had just wasted the days worrying about who she liked. 

Then I heard her sniff. Was she crying again? “Why are you crying?” I asked her, wiping her tears with my hands.

“Because I am happy… It’s just that… today’s been so… hectic… and just too much…” she said, and then sighed

“I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?” She smiled at me.

“Okay, don’t you forget to call.” I said jokingly, but I was actually serious. “Sleep well…” I said then walked off after she entered the building. I needed to get a good night’s sleep as well…


After breakfast I was holding onto my phone and checking to see if I had any missed call every minute.

“Just chill. She will call you when she has the time.”

“But she said she was gonna call me right away and she still didn’t call.”

“You are just being stupid.” Hyunseung said.

“That’s being lovesick, not stupid.” Yoseob said then they laughed.

“Haha. Funny” I said sarcastically, “Whatever.”

” Hyung, just let go off your phone for a second and put it on the desk.” Dongwoon offered.

“Okay. You’re right.” I said. So this was how Doojoon felt when he started to go out with Jihyun and we made fun of him. I placed my phone on the desk and was about to walk off when my phone rang. I ran back towards the desk which was only two steps away and hit it with my legs.

WHAM!

Aish! I answered the phone while rubbing my thigh which I think was turning purple at the moment.

“Yobohsaeyo?”

“Junhyung!” Oh, it was our manager hyung. He was asking if we had detergent for our dishwasher because apparently there was a sale on them. Why was he calling me instead of the leader? And since when did he start to look out for sales anyways? I answered him that we didn’t need one then sighed as I put the phone down. 
I looked around and saw the boys snickering. “Yah! Don’t you guys have anything better to do?” I asked the trio of Hyunseung, Yoseob and DongWoon.

“No,” they replied while shaking their heads the same way at the same time. I rolled my eyes and started to walk out of the room when my phone rang again.

Jiyoon’s POV

Me and the girls were about to leave the building when I heard Junhyung call after me.

“Yes?” I asked him. What did he want to say?

“Can you girls go ahead without Jiyoon?” he asked the girls. “I need to tell her something really important.” 

“Sure thing,” Jihyun said smiling evilly as she gave me a look then pushed me towards him.

“What did you want to tell me?” I asked.

“You wanna know the thing I have been trying to ask you for a few days now?” he said suddenly.

“yes…” I have been trying to get him to talk for a few days now. Of course I wanted to know. 

“You see I-“ He started to talk but then I saw the BEAST boys coming towards us.

“Junhyung hyung!” Dongwoon called.

Yoseob and Junhyung said something to each other which I couldn’t hear, then Yoseob said goodbye to us and they left.
“Do you want to walk to your dorm with me?” He asked. Wait the thing he has been trying to ask me was whether I wanted to walk to the dorm with him or not?

“Excuse me?” I said. “Was this what you wanted to ask me?” I pouted. What the hell?

“No. I am going to say it on the way.” He stated rolling his eyes. What?! My head was already hurting from crying so I couldn’t figure that out… oh well… 

“Oh. Let’s go, then.” I said, and smiled at him. As long as I could spend more time with him I was happy no matter what had happened.

“Jiyoon… you see…”he started to talk again after walking for a while. I wanted to ask him something first.

“Can I ask you something first?”

“Sure.” 

“What did you do to Kikwang? I hope you guys didn’t argue. He didn’t do anything wrong…” I started to ramble on. I was the one at fault and I didn’t want to cause Kikwang any more problems than I already had.

“Oh that? I just talked to him that’s all…” he said. “Oh and he says he is sorry but apparently he acted like that because he didn’t want to hurt you more in the future.” He smiled. I tried to smile back at him, but failed. I must have hurt Kikwang a lot… a lot more than I thought I had…I felt like the worst person on earth at that moment.

“Okay,” I said looking down. “Wow, we are already in front of our dorm.” I tried to change the subject. “Then, goodnight.” I was about to walk inside when I felt his hand around my hand as he pulled me towards him. Being the klutz that I am, I stumbled towards him. I looked at him, shocked. Why did he pull me like that? Suddenly, I felt his soft lips against mine. Was this really happening? The guy that I have been in love with was kissing me so why wasn’t I still reacting? So I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

After I don’t know how long we kissed..seconds…minutes…hours... He pulled back, staring at me. I could feel my cheeks turning red as usual whenever I was around him I kept on blushing so I was used to it by now. “Jiyoon” he said, and then hugged me, “what I have been trying to say is that-” he sighed, “I love you.” He whispered in my ear. My eyes widened in shock. Was this for real? I wasn’t dreaming right? He really did like me?

I hugged him tighter, not wanting to let go of this moment “I love you, too.” I whispered against his chest. Suddenly I felt…happy…different from what I have been feeling the whole day. With just his three words he had managed to change my heart and make me happy, again. Without even realizing I started to cry again. This time however, I was crying out of happiness.

“Why are you crying?” he asked then started to wipe my tears.

“Because I am happy… It’s just that… today’s been so… hectic… and just too much…” I sighed, going back to reality. I needed to go inside. “I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?” I said smiling.

“Okay, don’t you forget to call.” He joked. “Sleep well,” he said then waited until I got inside, and then left.
When I went inside of course everyone was wide awake, waiting for me.

“Unnie!!!” I heard Sohyun and Hyuna shout the moment I entered. “What happened?? Tell us? Did he confess?” they started to ask all at once, causing me to have an headache again.

“AHH!” I said putting my hands over my ears. Then smiled at the girls. 

“I am soo sleepy. Aren’t you girls sleepy? Good night!” I winked at them and walked inside the bathroom to change leaving the girls and their questions behind. I could answer them in the morning. For now all I wanted to do was to get some sleep.

--------

A/N: Thank you guys sooo much for reading and commenting, your comments make my day :D

So I had a change in this chappie and started with Junhyung's POV <3 I at writing intimate (kissing :P) scenes or anything sweet and cheesy so sorry if it was horrible TT_TT i will try to get better (gotta go read some sappy romance novels in order to improve my writing for the future lol)