How I Managed To Have a Conversation With Him

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 2 
How I Managed To Have a Conversation With Him


When we arrived to the recording studio B2ST were not there. I guess they are going to be late I thought to myself.

I thought we were going to record our song HUH with B2ST today. Jihyun asked to one of the staff. 

There was a problem with their schedule today so your recording with them will be tomorrow. Today we will be working on other tracks. He said.

Oh. I said, my smile turning into a frown. I was a bit disappointed, but relieved at the same time, I guess.

Someone isnt happy with the news, Jihyun mocked me. I decided to ignore her comment. The others girls just looked confused since no one other than Jihyun knew my Junhyung condition. And I wanted to keep it that way.

We started to record I, my, me, mine This song was really catchy. I decided to leave my thought behind for a few hours and just focus on my vocals.

--

After the recording we headed down to the Cube to practice our new choreography. Our title song still wasnt finished but that did not mean that we could stop practicing. I put my all into the moves, and we danced our hearts out. This was tiring but I every second of it. After dancing for an hour we decided to take a 15 min. break. 

Sohyun, can you go get us drinks? Hyuna said to our maknae.

Why do I have to go all the time? She whined. Being a maknae must be a pain. 
I laughed.  Unnie will go and get them this time, I said standing up taking their orders. Green tea, peach juice and so on

I went to the vending machine and got the drinks. I had to kick and punch it a few times until the drinks dropped but it worked. I could hear music playing somewhere around here. The walls were soundproof so unless someone left their doors ajar it should have been quiet here. I walked towards the noise and realized that B2ST were inside practicing to one of their songs. They were really into the dance so it seemed like they didnt realize my presence. As I watched him dance, I felt like I was doing something I shouldnt but he was such a great dancer. Lost in my thoughts I didnt realize that their song ended.

Hi, Jiyoon! Whats up? Kikwang said suddenly his face right in front of me. I quickly shook my head to make my thoughts disappear. Dang it I got caught. I could feel my cheeks burn from embarrassment. However, Kikiwang was one of the members I felt comfortable around since we were the same age.

Hi!.I said,  Umm you guys left the door open and the music might you know disturb others I said, sigh.

Oh why didnt you say so? Kikwang asked still smiling.

Well I didnt want to disturb your dance and the song was about to end so-I just rumbled on.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I heard that we are going to record tomorrow. Kikwang started to say and my eyes just traveled by themselves and found him staring right back at me. I quickly looked back at Kikwang, blushing. 

Talk about embarrassment

well, yeah. See you tomorrow then! I said to them and walked off.

When I entered the room the girls bombarded me with questions. What took you so long?

Okay, unnie. I get it. I wont whine and just go myself next time. Our maknae said.
--

When we were heading home, I realized that I had forgotten my bag back at the practice room.

Umm, you guys I forgot my bag. I am gonna go get it.

Are you going to walk all the way over there?

We are only two blocks away from the place, its ok. You guys go ahead. I said and got off. I ran back to the Cube and went inside straight colliding with something firm. That something turned out to be a certain someone.

Junhyungs POV

I was tired. There were no other words to explain my condition. I was tired and sleepy. But we were still practicing. I just wanted to sleep so we had to complete this dance without one of us messing up, if that happened then we would have to start over and over and over... For a moment my eyes flickered towards the door. Someone forgot to close it again! Then, I saw her appear. She wasnt technically inside the room but you could notice her if you were to look. I wonder why she was here Quit staring at her and pay attention to the dance I told myself, not out loud of course, and concentrated on the moves. Finally the music stopped and I swear I saw Kikwang ninja jump towards the door. That kid was fast.

guys left the door open and the music might you know disturb others she was saying. Hah! I knew it. How many times have I told the boys not to leave the door open?

I heard that we are going to record tomorrow Kikwang was saying. Oh yeah the recording. We were supposed to record with them tomorrow. I had totally forgotten about it! This meant I seriously needed to rest if I was going to record. Suddenly, her eyes stared right into mines, more like pierced into my eyes for a few seconds. I guess I was staring at her this whole time. She quickly looked away. Was she blushing? Cute. Wait, what? Get your thoughts together I told myself.

Finally our practice ended. Hallelujah! I could finally get some sleep.

Lets go say hi to the girls. Doojoon offered.

Which girls? Dongwoon asked.

4Minute, duh. Kikwang said.

Why do we have to come when we know that you just want to see Jihyun? Hyunseung asked.

W-wh-what? Doojon stuttered. I just wanted to say hi. Thats all. Lets go. He said grabbed his bag and walked toward their practice room and we followed our leader like puppies.

They already left~Hyunseung said, amused at Doojoons misery.

Guys look what I found. Yoseob said holding a bag. Jiyoon was written on the corner of the bag with a sharpie and her handwriting actually looked cute. 

I should go and give this to them.Yoseob said.
Suddenly I said without being able to stop myself I can take it to them. You guys go and rest.

Are you sure? Yoseob asked, unsure.

Yes. I am not the umma of the group for no reason. You guys can go ahead. I was the sleepiest one, so why did I even volunteer for this? Ugh. 

The guys left ahead of me as I told them to. Their dorm wasnt that far from here. It was just on the opposite direction from our dorm! I am such a genius. Why the hesuddenly something soft crashed into me. Oh, that something was her.

I am so sorry she said, then looked up, saw me, blushed and apologized again.

Its okay I said, Jiyoon-ah. I wasnt looking at where I was going either.

Jiyoons POV

He addressed me as Jiyoonah, thats friendly, right? Ugh. What was wrong with me, I couldnt stop blushing.

Why are you back here? Arent you guys done with practicing? he asked.

I forgot my bag-

Is it this one? He asked holding my bag in his hands.

Yes! I said happily, Thanks for getting it-

No problem. You saved me my time by bumping into me. He said.

Sorry for the trouble. I said looking down. I should be going. Thanks again, I said smiling.

Wait a minute, he said, Are you going to walk there all by yourself? he asked.

UmmYes?

At this hour!?

Oh yes, it was already dark outside. 

Aish. Come on Ill walk with you he said.

Really?! You dont have to I mean-

A girl like you shouldnt walk by herself at this hour. He said. Hurry up; I need to sleep, too. He said when I didnt respond.

Thanks.I said and started to walk beside him.

Our walk was pretty much silent. He did not talk much, he looked really tired. As in -imightcollapsehereanymoment- tired. He mentioned a few things about tomorrows recording so we talked about our upcoming single and that was pretty much it. Our dorms werent that far away from the Cube anyways.

Finally we were standing on the door way of our apartment.

Well then, see you tomorrow, he said and patted my shoulder.

Yeah. Thanks again.

Its ok. You go inside and I will be going my way. He said, gave me a small smile and left. His smile, I was used to seeing a smirk on his face most of the time; cute. I had finally managed to talk to him properly for the first time.