How Our First Misunderstanding Happened

The Impasse of My Heart

 

 
Chapter 13
How our first misunderstanding happened



Today was our comeback stage with “I, My, Me, Mine”. We have been practicing for the choreography for a long time. I was just hoping I wouldn’t mess up or trip on the stage.

“You should go check on Junhyung,” Hyuna said to me suddenly. We were in the waiting room for Music Bank.

“Why?”

“To check up on G.NA and Junhyung of course.”

“I thought you were on Gina unnie’s side.” I asked her. She was the one who was defending her against Jihyun’s claims.

“I am!” She replied putting her hands up in the air. “But Jihyun unnie says you should go but she said that you threatened to put pepper on her tongue if she mentioned Gina’s evil plans to you again. So she told me to tell you.”

“Aish. Our leader’s imagination is just daebak that’s why.” I sighed. “I was planning to go visit Junhyung and encourage him anyways.” I said giving a pat on Hyuna’s shoulder. I left our waiting room and started walking on the hall looking at the door’s writings to see who it belonged to. 

On my way I saw a few sunbaenims and hoobaes so I had to stop and bow a few times. Heechul oppa even said he likes our song and the dance when I saw him in the hall. I guess he saw our rehearsal.

“You girls should visit me on my radio show!” he even added with his cheeky smile. He could be so scary and friendly at the same time. 

Finally I spotted the door with a paper taped on it that read “G.NA”. I opened to door and peeked in. There was chaos going on. The backup dancers, the stylist unnies and oppas were running all over the place. This was her debut stage after all. I tried to see Junhyung. Where was he? I kept on scanning the room until I saw him—hugging Gina unnie. My eyes widened with shock as my brain registered the scene in front of me. Was Jihyun right? Was Gina unnie really hitting on Junhyung? Why the hell were they hugging?! 

I closed the door behind me and walked back to our waiting room. I don’t know how I made it there though. Yes, they could be friends or whatever but what was the occasion? Why would they start hugging each other for nothing? Was I over reacting? Was this the effect of Jihyun’s words? It was just a hug after all… My brain was trying to be logical but my heart just felt heavy, making me unable to breathe. 

Even though I was not feeling good, I was able to perform the song without any major problems. We went backstage to get our stuff and leave. 

“Oh Junhyung oppa tweeted a photo-“ Sohyun said then stopped abruptly. We were heading back to our dorm, trying to rest in our van.

“Let me see,” I said taking the phone from her. It was a photo of him and Gina. I did not need to see this. “Take it,” I gave Sohyun her cell phone back.

“I knew it. See Gina unnie is -” Jihyun said.

“Gosh. Can you just shut up?!” I shouted then regretted it immediately. Why was I so hurtful all of a sudden? 

“I’m sorry…” I said quickly.

“It’s okay…” Jihyun said but she sounded hurt. “Is something the matter?”

“It’s just that….” Then I told them what I saw.

“It’s nothing big…” Jihyun said, trying to make me feel better.

“I’m sorry unnie!” Hyuna said suddenly, “I knew Gina unnie had some feelings for Junhyung oppa. I told her that he has someone that he likes…but… I didn’t really say you guys were dating. We were in a public place and if someone were to hear… I feared a scandal might happen…” she finished sighing.

“It’s okay you guys. Don’t feel sorry for me… I trust Junhyung… I guess I should just make things clear between me and her.” I resulted, trying to put the mood back up. “Let’s go get some sleep shall we?” I told them and we exited the van.

The next day we had another performance on Inkigayo. I decided to go in there and show Gina who Junhyung was seeing. This time I walked in there directly but there was chaos going on again. Apparently she was feeling very nervous before her show. She was flailing around looking like she was about to pass out. For some reason it seemed fake. I’ve seen people having nervous breakdowns and this just did not seem right. I walked towards Junhyung.

“Oh Jiyoonah what are you doing here?” he said when he saw me. He was too busy with her to realize that I’ve been in here for a while. 

“Just wanted to see how you were doing. “ I said.

“Yeah… I’m kinda busy right now so let’s talk later OK?” he said.

“Why can’t you talk to me now?” I asked. Why was he ignoring me? “Look the staff are here for a reason. They 
can take care of her. You can’t even spare me a minute?!” I said suddenly, fuming.

“What are you—“he sighed,” Look stop being unreasonable right now. Let’s talk after the show, ok?”

I can’t believe he is choosing her over me. “Fine!” I said and walked out of their room. Can’t he see that she was totally faking to get attention?! What the hell? Feeling hurt and rejected I walked back to our waiting room. She was totally working her charm over him… acting all weak… 

After our performance we monitored the rest of the show but my mind just wasn’t in its right place. Super Junior sunbaenims were doing our “replay” dance during their”No other” performance but I was not able to concentrate or feel happy and proud like the rest of the girls were.

When we were about to leave the SBS building I heard Junhyung call my name.

“Girls you go ahead. I need to talk to Jiyoon.” He said, pulling me away from the girls.

“No, I’m coming with you guys just wait a second.”I told my members and turned around to face him. “I’m busy can’t you see? Let’s talk later.”

“Yah you are not busy at all. What are you talking about now?” he sighed, “are you trying to get back at me or something?’

“What? No, why should I? You go back to your Gina noona. I’ll be going now. Bye!~” I said and turned around to walk away.

“Yah! What do you mean?!” he shouted after me but I decided to ignore. How could he not understand what I mean? Was he that stupid to understand that Gina was hitting on him? Was he that stupid to understand how this made me feel?

After washing up, I headed straight to my bed without talking to the girls. I could answer their questions later. Now that we had moved to a better dorm I was just sharing rooms with Gayoon. She would not ask me questions when I just wanted to be alone so I was happy that I shared rooms with our lead vocal.
I was facing the wall on my bed so that the girls would think I was sleeping, when I clearly could not sleep. My phone kept on ringing and I received a few text messages so I just turned it off. All I needed was silence-

“Yah Jiyoon. Where are you?”

What was he doing here?

Junhyung’s POV

We were at Music Bank waiting for Gina noona’s turn to perform. This was her debut stage so she was a bit nervous. She was pacing around the place not sitting down once. This reminded me of Jiyoon when she was nervous before 4minute’s HUH comeback stage. I remembered how I held her hands to keep her calm. I wonder what she was doing now… Should I go visit her? 

But I couldn’t leave Gina noona by herself. I visited her the last time so this time she should come visit me right? Just leaving for a minute or so shouldn’t be a problem, though. I got up from the sofa a bit too quickly and bumped into noona.

“Are you OK? I’m sorry.” I said. Pabo, this is what happens when you think about Jiyoon so much I thought myself.

“No, I’m not okay…” She said,”I’m so nervous. And I’m debuting solo. I don’t have members to gain strength from.” She explained.

“Ah, it’s okay noona! You have me here” I said to encourage her and gave her a pat on the back. Then, suddenly 
I felt her arms around me. Whoa! Did she just hug me?

When she realized that I did not respond she quickly let go, “I’m sorry… I don’t know what came over me…”

“Oh it’s okay noona. You are just nervous.” I said with a weak laugh. 

It was our time to perform already. So much for seeing Jiyoon I thought to myself. Well I could see her tomorrow I encouraged myself and went on stage. 

After my performance I monitored 4minute’s. Why was Jiyoon wearing short shorts? Was she trying to make me jealous here? Well, she did have pretty legs… Stupid what are you thinking? I said to myself and face-palmed myself mentally. Then Gina noona came in. I congratulated her on the performance.

“Oh You wanna take a photo? The fans might be curious.” I offered.

“Sure thing” she said happily. We took the photo and I posted it on twitter right away. Doojoon got me into this site. I should get mad at him for making me a twit-addict I thought to myself.

The next day we had to perform at Inkigayo. However, Gina unnie’s nervousness was not getting any better. I was a bit worried. Wasn’t this a bit too much? When I was trying to think of a way to make Gina noona feel better I felt another presence next to me.

“Oh Jiyoonah what are you doing here?” It was so good to see her. I wanted to see her today for sure anyways. But… I felt like I had to help Gina noona at the moment.

“Just wanted to see how you were doing. “ She said. I guess she had nothing to do and came. So I could just talk to her later.

“Yeah… I’m kinda busy right now so let’s talk later OK?” I asked her nicely. 

“Why can’t you talk to me now?” She questioned me suddenly. Was she getting mad at me? What for?! “Look the staff are here for a reason. They can take care of her. You can’t even spare me a minute?!” She cried. Why was she getting mad all of a sudden? 

“What are you—“I sighed, did she hate noona or something? ” Look stop being unreasonable right now. Let’s talk after the show, ok?” I said to end this conversation. It was nearly time for our performance anyways.

“Fine!” she said and walked out. Why was she acting like this? Seriously, I can never understand women. 

After our performance I waited outside for her to be done so that we could talk. I mean did I do something wrong to make her mad? I finally saw the 4minute girls walking out of the building. 

“Girls you go ahead. I need to talk to Jiyoon.” I said when they saw me and pulled her away from the crowd.

“No, I’m coming with you guys just wait a second.”Jiyoon said to others totally ignoring me. “I’m busy can’t you see? Let’s talk later.” She was making me mad, too! What did I do?

“Yah you are not busy at all. What are you talking about now?” I sighed, “Are you trying to get back at me or something?” I asked.

“What? No, why should I? You go back to your Gina noona. I’ll be going now. Bye!~” She stated and walked out on me. What did this mean?! Why was Gina noona in this conversation? 

“Yah! What do you mean?!” I shouted after her but it was no use. She was ignoring me, if there was one thing I hated the most, that would be being ignored. 

I was about to run after her when I heard someone call my name. It was Gina noona.

“Hey, if you have nothing else to do can we talk?”

This was bad timing. I needed to talk to Jiyoon. Whatever, she was ignoring me anyways. “Sure noona”
We went to this small café next to the SBS studio. 

“So what did you want to say?” I asked her. I wanted to go back to the dorm and sleep as soon as possible.

“Well, Junhyung. I’m a very straightforward person.” She said and leaned closer towards me across the table. 
“And I’m tired of playing games with you.”

“Yes?” I seriously did not get where she was going with this—wait a second—no way….

She went back to her previous position and crossed her arms. “I kinda like you. So let’s date.” She said so bluntly.

Wait, was noona confessing to me now? This did not make any sense. “You go back to your Gina noona.” Oh! So this is what Jiyoon had meant. Wow how did she figure this out when I had no idea?

“Noona… look I’m sorry. But I already have someone. And I see you only as a noona and that’s it.” I said and got up. “So see you later since I need to have a talk with my girlfriend.” I added and left the place.

Dammit pick up your phone. I kept on calling her and texting her but it was no use. She was still ignoring me. After a while it would not even make the calls, she had turned off her phone. Seriously!

I headed to their dorm. I needed to talk to her properly no matter what today. I rang their doorbell and Hyuna opened the door.

“Oppa! What are you doing here at this hour?” She asked looking shocked.

“I need to talk to Jiyoon.” I told her and looked around but she was not at anywhere in sight. 

“Yah Jiyoon! Where are you?” I called. 
 

 

A/N: thank you guys for subscribing and commenting :) Love y'all. Keep it up:) Oh and sorry for the late update T____T