How I was Rescued by Him

The Impasse of My Heart

Chapter 4

How I was Rescued By Him

 

When we arrived at the recording studio the next day he was already done with recording his part and was leaving. When our eyes met, I looked away. I was still embarrassed.

Hi, girls! he greeted us. After we said our hellos he left because of his busy schedule. I have known him since our training days so why were we still awkward? I thought to myself. I guess I wasnt social enough back then, only thinking about debuting one day

After the recording we went to our practice room to work on our dance for the last time. After that we arrived at the studio where we had to film our upcoming MV Huh. 

The first scene we filmed was the desert scene. There was a fake desert built specially for this music video. It was really hard to walk on the sand with these uber high heels. Perfect, just perfect. 

Okay, we are starting now. Ready, music, The director said.

The moment the music started playing my confidence went up and I was able to dance on the sand. It was really hard to move around but I was doing OK so far.

Cut! our director said.

Im sorry, Gayoon said. Oh, she tripped. We said it was okay; and started the dance all over again. Too much sand. I was happy that he wasnt around or I would have surely tripped or something. They should be here any second now Aish, concentrate! We finally filmed the dance without tripping or messing it up after our second try.

Now go chance your outfits we are going to film the intro with B2ST next the staff told us. OK. Now I just needed to walk slowly out of this fake desert without tripping. But being me it was impossible not to trip.

Wahh!!

Got you! Right before I was about to have a meeting with the floor someone grabbed my waist from behind, stopping me from falling. 

Thanks, I said turning around. That person was him, Junhyung I mean.

Youre welcome, he said, and then added Is this habit of yours? he asked.

What? I asked, confused.

You are really clumsy arent you? he laughed.

No I said defensively. Why? Why would he think that? Oh! Because I fell on hislap. I had forgotten about it for a minute there. Why did he have to remind me that?

Didnt you burn your arm during hot issue or something before?He said.
How did he know that? My hand automatically reached to my arm covering it. My outfit was short sleeved so the mark was visible, even though the stylist unnies had put make-up on it.

Let me see he said grabbing my hand in order to see the mark. The way he removed my hand from the scar and touched my arm made me shiver. I felt my cheeks turn red, again. We stared at each other for a second before he shifted his gaze towards the scar.

You said you didnt feel it burn during the filming right? He asked.

Yeah I guess I was too into the dance at that time. But it hurt a lot afterwards.

See thats why I think you are clumsy. He said smiling genuinely. I smiled back. 

Stylist unni called after me, we had to change our outfits for the next set. I gotta go, I said and walked towards our changing room.

After we filmed the part with B2ST the boys congratulated and complimented us.

Wow, Jihyun you look really pretty, Doojoon said. But isnt it a bit too revealing? he said looking jealous.

Why? Its for work.Jihyun said. Are you jealous~? she asked cutely.

Everyone decided to ignore this couple and their lovey-dovey mood.

You look beautiful, too Jiyoon Kikwang said. Me, really?

Startled, Thanks, I replied, blushing. I was flattered by his compliment but it was a bit random. But then again knowing him for so many years I was used to his randomness. He was one of the few people that I have been friendly with since our training years.

What about us? HyunA asked jokingly.

You all look beautiful of course. Junhyung said, smiling.

Thanks, oppa! Hyuna said clinging onto his arm. Kikwang doesnt know how to talk.

Hey, you are supposed to call me oppa, too!Kikwang said.

I dont care. HyunA said in a sing song voice that sounded like 2NE1s I dont care. Here they go again. Those two always played around like this. But then I realized that HyunA was still holding onto Junhyungs arm even though she was talking to the other member now. I couldnt help but feel jealous. Aish, whats wrong with me?!

We are going to film the solo shoots now, get ready, the staff announced.

Well we better get going, we need to wake up early, Yoseob said. 

We all said our goodbyes and they left. After them we filmed for another 5 hours. When I cheked my phone I saw a text message.

JunHyungs POV

I was walking toward the set with Hyunseung where 4Minute was filming, carrying coffees for others. My gaze was set on 4minute especially on Jiyoon. It seemed like she had trouble walking on the sand. She looked cute instead of fierce while she tried to walk straight even though her outfit was quiet attractive. Aish! I should stop thinking this way. I realized that she was about to fall down soon.

I handed the coffees to Hyunseung who looked startled, Wait, I cant carry all these!! he called out as I leapt toward Jiyoon and managed to catch her before she could kiss the floor. Got you!

She looked shocked seeing me. Thanks, she muttered.

Youre welcome, I replied. Is this habit of yours? I asked, she really was something.

What? she asked.

You are really clumsy arent you? I laughed. She keeps on falling down. Then I saw her arm; yeah there was a time when she burned herself, too.

No she said defending herself. Why would you think that? However, after asking this her confused expression changed and she blushed. Did she forget about it already?

Didnt you burn your arm during hot issue or something before? I said, trying to change the awkward atmosphere. She tried to cover up her mark, Let me see, I said holding her hand to get a better look at the burned spot. It must have hurt.

You said you didnt feel it burn during the filming right?

Yeah, I guess I was too into the dance at that time. But it hurt a lot afterwards. She pouted. 
She is such a pabo. How can you not feel it at the time? But then again, this showed her passion for her work. Maybe thats why I like her. Wait, what? I dont like her that way right?

See thats why I think you are clumsy. I said, seeing her pouting face I couldnt help but smile, she was too cute. 

The stylist noona called and she left to get changed. Hyunseung approached me. Such a hero, you are. He said.

What?

That was very heroic of you. But I cannot carry all these coffees! he said again, shoving me back the coffees I had handed to him. We found the members and handed them their coffees. 

Isnt Jiyoon beautiful today? Kikwang said suddenly.

Eh? Junhyung said realizing that he was thinking the same thing. Aish whats wrong with me?

What?Dongwoon asked.

They are all pretty as usual. Yoseob said, confused.

Kikwang is being random again. Hyunseung said, annoyed.

I think he is in love, Doojoon said.

Not all of us are you, I said to our leader who has been on cloud nine for some time now.

I dont think you have the right to say that, Yoseob whispered at me with a funny smile. I gave him a death glare in return.

I think I am going to ask her out. Kikwang said again.

Who? Hyunseung asked.

Jiyoon. He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I really like her.

EH?! Yoseob and I said in union.

Why are you guys so surprised? Kikwang asked. 

Shhh! Here they come, Dongwoon said motioning us towards the girls.

I think you got yourself a competition there, Yoseob whispered to me before walking towards the girls. 

After we finished filming our parts we congratulated the girls for their comeback.

Wow, Jihyun you look really pretty, Doojoon said. But isnt it a bit too revealing? he said. It was interesting to see our leader jealous.

Why? Its for work.Jihyun said. Are you jealous? she asked cutely.

Get a room, I thought to myself and ignored the new couple as did everyone else.

You look beautiful, too Jiyoon Kikwang said suddenly. Is he gonna ask her out now? I hope not.
She blushed at his compliment. Does this mean she likes him, too? Wait, why do I care?

What about us? HyunA asked jokingly.

You all look beautiful of course. I said trying to cover up Kikwangs mistake. Never ever compliment only one girl when there are other girls around.

Thanks, oppa! Hyuna said suddenly clinging onto my arm. Kikwang doesnt know how to talk. Yes, he doesnt. He also doesnt know when to say things. 

Hey, you are supposed to call me oppa, too!Kikwang said. Aish, why does he care if he likes Jiyoon?! Wait, why was I getting mad at Kikwang now? 

I dont care. Hyuna said sounding like 2ne1. 

I looked at Jiyoon and she looked mad for a second but quickly changed her frown into a smile. She was probably mad at Hyuna and Kikwang flirting around.

We are going to film the solo shoots now, get ready, the staff announced.

Well we better get going, we need to wake up early, Yoseob said. 

We said our goodbyes and left the girls who still had to film the MV till morning. Kikwang was already texting Jiyoon to meet her the next day. He said he was going to ask her out What if Jiyoon says yes? Then does that mean that I lose to my dongseang? Wait, this isnt a competition and I do not like her. Right?

----

A/N: Here is chapter 4. Thanks to everyone who commented and my dear silent readers plz leave a comment :) I don't bite :D