How we never seemed to communicate thoroughly

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 17
How we never seemed to communicate thoroughly


Junhyung was being very frustrating for the past few days. I did not get to talk to him because I was traveling back and forth to Japan and also going to meetings about the filming of our first reality show Mr. Teacher. B2ST was busy promoting their new single SOOM. It was an amazing song and their choreography was very good, and the public loved it. However, they were also working on their next mini album which would be released in a few weeks before their concert.

In short, he was very busy.

In response, I was busy as well.

When we came back from Japan for the last time, we learned that B2ST were recording for their mini-album which would include a song for the fans. With the lead of our ever-so-hyper leader Jihyun, we decided to see what the boys were doing.

“Who are you texting at this hour, Hyuna?” I asked her. I mean it was nearly midnight.

“No one…” she said not looking at me directly in the eyes.

“Let’s see!!” Sohyun said and grabbed Hyuna’s phone. Hyuna tried to snatch her phone back but it was impossible.

“EEHHH?!” Sohyun’s eyes widened. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“Tell you what? There is nothing going on.”

“She is texting Lee Joon, from MBLAQ.”

“Eh?” Jihyun said, “Why are you talking to him. I thought you liked—“Hyuna put her hands over Jihyun’s mouth hurriedly, staring at a certain direction. Kikwang and Doojoon were coming towards us.

“Ooops.” Gayoon said, “I don’t think he heard it. Don’t worry.” Gayoon added.

“Heard what?” Kikwang asked appearing before us. When did they get here so fast?

“Nothing!” Hyuna replied with a nervous laugh. “Let’s go to the studio!” She added and started pushing Kikwang back to the room. The rest of us followed the suit.

Gayoon and Yoseob were still acting like they were not an item around us while Doojoon and Jihyun were all lovey-dovey. I looked at Junhyung.

He smiled and walked up to me. So I guess he forgot about our last argument.

“Do you want to go get drinks from the wending machines?” he asked and I nodded.

After both of us got a can of coke we sat down. The TV was on and it was showing the re-run’s of random shows at this late hour. To my dismay it was Bouquet.

“So, Junhyung o..op…pa,” I started taking a deep breath, I had to muster up all the courage I could to say that one small word.

He stared at me, his eyes widened with shock and amusement.

“Is this how you want me to address you?” I continued on.

“No. I mean you don’t have to. It’s just that-“he looked frustrated. “I wish you would have forgotten about that by now.” 
Was he blushing? I felt a smirk form at the corner of my lips.

“So how do you want me to address you? Sweetie? Oppa? Chagiah? Junhyung-ah?” I said then added, “Are you blushing?”

“What? No. Guys don’t blush.” He stated, waving his hand in front of him.

I rolled my eyes. “The reason why I don’t use any terms around you is because I’m comfortable around you. I had to call Sungkyu ‘oppa’ because it was a show.” I sighed, and then smiled. “About my aegyo… I do not know why you are mad at that. I mean it’s horrible. I can’t act cute.” I continued, “I’m the fierce member, remember?” I ended my lecture with a joke.

He just gave me a nod. I guess he did not know how to respond. I took a sip from my coke facing forward. It was getting cold, why did they have to have the AC so high up anyways? The trainees are all sweaty they would get sick here.

I shivered. I looked up at Junhyung when I felt his arm around my shoulder.

“Are you cold?” He asked. It was my turn to blush.

“Yeah. You could try to warm me up, you know.” What was I saying? 

He wrapped his arms around me.

“Like this?” He asked with a smirk, and then he started moving his head towards me.
I slipped away from his arms.

“Let’s go back.” I said, and then added, “People might see you know.”

He let out a frustrated sigh. “You always freak out about people catching us and what not. Just relax a bit, will you?”
“But you know, we are both in new debuted groups compared to our seniors so it’s less likely for them to get caught but we could get caught and—“

“If it is so frustrating to date me then why don’t we break up?!” He suddenly flared.

“E..eh?” I said in a small voice. What was he saying? Was this his way of breaking up with me? “You know I did not 
mean it that way.” I said facing him.

“You sure do act like it, though.” He said with his arms crossed.

“Fine, you know what have it your way. It seems like you are the one that wants to end this. I mean I totally understand, we rarely see each other so you must be bored of it. It’s fine!” I shouted at him and ran out.
How could he? I was trying to protect our careers and he thought I wanted to end it with him. 

Junhyung’s POV

We had our first win with Soom and were now working on our other mini album “Lights Go on Again”. After our embarrassing fight with Jiyoon I did not have a chance to see her.
But I did hear from Doojoon that they were coming today. I should just act like I did not ask her anything and act normal. Yeah, that’s what I should do.

Ouch!

“Who put this chair here?!” I shouted.

“It has always been there, you are just dozing off too much today.” Yoseob said.

“Idiot.” Hyunseung added, rolling his eyes. “You are getting too excited about meeting your girlfriend.”

“I...I don’t know what you are talking about.” I told him.

“Oh, Jihyun texted me. They are here.” Doojoon said.

“Where?” I said standing up on impulse. Aish…. I saw Yoseob, Hyunseung and Dongwoon snicker. Seriously, give me 
a break.

“Kikwang-ah. Let’s go get them.” Doojoon said completely oblivious to my misery.

“Sure.” Kikwang said taking off his earphones and they both exited the room. 

Shortly after, they returned with the members of 4minute. I quickly walked towards Jiyoon. Wait, did I look to excited to meet her? From the corner of my eye I saw Yoseob say something to Hyunseung which caused both of them to smirk at me. I was never going to get privacy with this.

“Do you want to go get drinks from the wending machines?” I asked her.

Ah, my lovely, delicious coke. I grabbed the can and sat down next to Jiyoon.

“So, Junhyung o..op…pa,” Did I hear that right? Did she just call me oppa? I looked at her, she was frustrated and this amused me so much.

“Is this how you want me to address you?” Oh no. She was going back to our argument.

“No. I mean you don’t have to. It’s just that-“I said frustrated. “I wish you would have forgotten about that by now.” I was turning red. This was officially the first time I was turning red in front of someone. Aish, so frustrating.

“So how do you want me to address you? Sweetie? Oppa? Chagiah? Junhyung-ah?” She continued mockingly, “Are you blushing?”

“What? No. Guys don’t blush.” I stated. Yeah, guys don’t blush and I was a disgrace. She rolled her eyes at me.

“The reason why I don’t use any terms around you is because I’m comfortable around you. I had to call Sungkyu ‘oppa’ because it was a show. About my aegyo… I do not know why you are mad at that. I mean it’s horrible. I can’t act 
cute.” She continued explaining, “I’m the fierce member, remember?”

I just nodded. What was supposed to say? Then, I realized her shivering. Well of course. She was wearing a sleeveless shirt. I never understood how girls could stand the cold while wearing revealing clothes anyways. I would freeze to death. I placed my arm around her shoulder her skin was freezing cold.

“Are you cold?” I asked and she blushed. YES! 

“Yeah. You could try to warm me up, you know.” Did she mean what I thought she meant?

I held her closer to me to keep her warm. We were practically embracing each other while sitting.
“Like this?” I smirked at her seeing her now crimson red face. I moved towards her to close the gap between us by kissing her but suddenly she slipped away and was in a standing position.

“Let’s go back.” She said looking at the floor, “People might see you know.” Who was going to see? The trainees? The workers? They would get kicked out and have their asses sued if they were to say anything. Why did she always freak out about this? Did she like her career more than me? 

“You always freak out about people catching us and what not. Just relax a bit, will you?” I tried to calm her down.

“But you know, we are both in new debuted groups compared to our seniors so it’s less likely for them to get caught but we could get caught and—“

“If it is so frustrating to date me then why don’t we break up?!” I flared. Did she not trust me? Didn’t she know that I would protect her from scandals and anything else? 

“E..eh?” She whispered, taken aback. “You know I did not mean it that way.” She faced me. Well, it was too late for her to take her words back. She definitely had no trust in me.

“You sure do act like it, though.” I said but then regretted it a bit when I saw her pained expression.

“Fine, you know what have it your way. It seems like you are the one that wants to end this. I mean I totally understand, we rarely see each other so you must be bored of it. It’s fine!” She shouted at me and left the building. Wait… so she thought I was bored of our relationship? I never thought she would think that way. UGH! I slammed my fist against the wall. I shouldn’t have said those words.

I ran after her but she was gone, she disappeared. I took out my cell from my pocket and called her. She did not pick up. I dialed her number again. She ignored my call. Of course she would, pabo! I silently cursed myself.
I went back to the room and grabbed my jacket.

“What happened?” Doojoon said looking worried.

“Nothing.” Just a bit misunderstanding that’s all. 

“Where is Jiyoon?” Jihyun eyed me with her eyebrow raised.

I wanted to know that, too. It was too late outside for her to walk by herself. I ignored Jihyun’s question and flashed a half smile. “Bye guys” I said and left.

She would probably be going back to her dorm so I started walking towards that way. Their new dorm was further away from the other one. I wasn’t going to let her walk by herself.

I was going crazy trying to find her. I was going out of my mind, seriously where did she go? I called her again. She picked up.

“Stop calling me. I don’t want to talk to you right now.” What? I was looking for her and she did not want to talk to me?

“Where are you? It’s dangerous outside.”

“I’m at my dorm.”

“How did you get there so fast?” I asked.

“By a taxi. Stop asking questions. We officially ended everything remember? You don’t need to worry about me anymore. Bye!”

“Wait a second. I’m—“She hung up on me. She wouldn’t even listen to me. What the hell? Still, I was not convinced that she would be at her dorm by now. I continued walking towards their dorm. Well, if she wasn’t there I would see her on the way, and if she was at her dorm then I would be able to talk to her. 

I placed my hands inside the pockets of my jacket and grabbed a packet. How was I supposed to give this to her 
when she was so mad at me.

Then I spotter her at a ramen stall, eating hurriedly. I smiled at myself. Success. I walked towards her.

--- 

A/N: Thanks for reading & commenting. Oh and btw I got a poster for my story! Isn't it amazing? :D <3