How We Took a Step Towards Our Happy Ending

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 20

How We Took a Step Towards Our Happy Ending 

 

We were getting ready for the concert. I was getting my makeup done and Gayoon was sitting next to me looking all gloomy.

“What’s up Gayoonie!~” I mused.

“I wanted to perform ‘if I had a lover’ with Yoseob but since it’s Gina unnie’s song I can’t. I’m just so…so…”

“Jealous?” I helped her.

“Yes, that.” She frowned. “Why am I getting jealous? Ugh, I’m not the type to lose my cool like this.” Gayoon was frustrated.

“It is okay sweetie, you’ll get used to it.” I winked at her as my makeup was finished.

I got my costume fixed up here and there and went on to find Junhyung. I went into their dressing room after knocking the door.

“Aish!” I squealed and turned around. Junhyung did not have his shirt on. “Go put some clothes on will you?” I said. “I’ll be right outside.”

The boys laughed and Junhyung smirked.”Be right there.”

“What the hell? Why are you walking around like that?” I told him off when he came outside. He had a tank top on.

“Hey. What did you expect? It’s our dressing room.” He smirked.

“Yeah but I knocked you should have told me not to come in.”

“It’s not like I was , c’mon.” He nudged my shoulder and I blushed a deeper shade of red.

“Half-.”I muttered. “Anyways I came to wish you good luck.” I faced him and smiled. “Fighting, oppa!~” I said while blushing since calling him an “oppa” was still awkward for me. Then, I gave him a peck on his cheek.

He laughed softly. “That’s it?” He sounded disappointed.

“Hey, I called you oppa didn’t I?” I defended.

“Yeah but what was that kiss,” he frowned. “Well, you have to do well with the concert to deserve a proper kiss.” I smirked and he frowned. “Aww.”

“Anyways I gotta go!~ We’re the opening act you know.” I told him.

“Hey, then I need to cheer you on, too.” He said and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“How-“I was cut off as his lips crushed against mine. My eyes widened in shock. This cheater!

“Fighting, Jiyoon-ah!~” He said, breaking the kiss.

“Hey you cheated.” I pouted.

“Aigoo, stop looking so cute or I’ll have to kiss you again.” He smirked.

“I’m going. Bye!~”  I said hurriedly and walked off.

I bumped into Gina unnie on my way. “Oh, hello unnie.” I said. We were on good terms but it was still awkward around us.

“Hello, Jiyoonie!!” She exclaimed. “I have to go get my makeup done so I’ll talk to you later ok?”

“Sure thing.” I said and went into 4minute’s dressing room.

Once the concert ended Junhyung found me immediately. “Let’s go.” He said and stated pulling me.

I let go of his hand. “Where are we going?” I asked.

“Backstage for the party come on.” He said hurriedly.

“Oookay.” I said confused and followed him. Why was he so nervous about a small party?

Junhyung walked in and I followed him behind.

“Ugh. Why are you here? Too early go back-“ Jihyun stopped ordering Junhyung when she saw me appear.

“Oops.” She said and let go of the balloon in her hand. I looked at Junhyung from the corner of my eye and saw him face palm himself.

“Sorry, bro.” Doojoon shrugged.

“What is going on? Can someone explain?” I asked, totally confused.

“Let’s just go.” Junhyung said and grabbed my hand.

“Yah, we wanted to see it.” “Why are you leaving” I heard the others call from the inside but we were already gone.

“What is going on?” I asked again, slightly getting irritated by all this. Junhyung called the elevators and we went up to the roof level.

“Okay. Why are we here? It’s freezing.” I asked shivering. Junhyung finally looked at me and realized that I was still in my stage clothes.

“I’m sorry.” Junhyung said but I could tell he was checking me out. I smirked. “You like what you see?”

“What?” He asked taken aback. “Yes, I mean no I wasn’t staring at you or anything.” He looked away. He took off his coat and handed it to me. I put in on and smiled. I could smell his cologne so I cuddled deeper into the jacket.

“Can you give me the box in the left pocket?” He asked with a smile.

“Okay,” I took out a jewelry box. “What is this?” I tilted my head in confusion.

He got the box from my hands and opened it. Inside it was a couple ring. My eyes widened in shock as realization hit me. I looked up at Junhyung and met his warm eyes.

He took out the ring from the box and I saw a cute chain attached to the ring. I looked at him in curiosity.

He cleared his throat before talking. “Jiyoon-ah.” He said affectionately and took a step towards me. “I know that I can’t be with anyone but you. So, this is my way of promising you. One day when we are allowed to date openly and get married, I hope you can wear this on you engagement finger but until then, it would be nice to just wear it as a necklace.”

I was too shocked to say anything. I never thought that he would think this much about our future. I thought it was always only the girls who would think about marriage and whatnot. I looked up at him and smiled. My eyes were glistening with happy tears.

“Why are you crying? Do you not like it? Was I too rash in my decision? You don’t want to-“I cut him off and wrapped my arms around his neck, shaking my head. His arms found their way around my waist instinctively.

“No, silly.”I chocked a smile, “I’m crying because I’m happy.” I pulled away from the hug.

“Come here.” He said and placed his hands on my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss. I closed my eyes and kissed him back.  

This was the happiness I wanted. I realized that I did not want to be with anyone else but Junhyung. I never thought that we could end up this serious but I was glad that we did. I guess, I was in complete bliss with Yong Junhyung despite our arguments and jealous attacks because at the end of the day all I wanted was to be with him nonetheless.

 

Junhyung’s POV

 

I nervously walked back and forth which made my fellow members frustrated.

“oh my god Junhyung sit the down!” Hyunseung blew up finally.

“We get that you are nervous about proposing but seriously.” Doojoon commanded for me to stop pacing around.

“YAH! I said I’m not proposing already!” I replied. They need to stop with these assumptions. I realized that Yoseob was not saying anything.

“Yah Yang Yoseob aren’t going to bother me too?” I asked him.

“Huh? I have my own problems to worry about.” Yoseob said.

“What happened?” I questioned.

“Well, Gayoon is mad at me because I’m having a solo stage with Gina noona.” Yoseob explained.

Oh. “It’s okay, she will get over it.” I told him with a knowing look.

“I hope so.”

“You guys are supposed to be getting nervous because of our first concert not because of your girlfriends.” Our maknae finally flared up.

Oh. He is right. There were so many fans outside. Oh, oettokhe? Oh well, I am the Joker I can do this! I convinced myself. I went to get my costume put on.

We heard a knock on the door and Jiyoon came in. I was shirtless so she squealed cutely "Go put some clothes on will you. and got back out.

The boys laughed at her cuteness and I smirked. "I'll be right there."

“What the hell? Why are you walking around like that?” She scolded me.

“Hey. What did you expect? It’s our dressing room.” I smirked she was too cute.

“Yeah but I knocked you should have told me not to come in.”

“It’s not like I was , c’mon.” I nudged her shoulder and she blushed.

“Half-.”she muttered. “Anyways I came to wish you good luck.” I flashed me a smile. “Fighting, oppa!~” She blushed and gave me a peck on my cheek. That's it?! Well she did call me oppa finally but still....

I laughed at her dilemma. “That’s it?” I said disappointed.

“Hey, I called you oppa didn’t I?” She crossed her arms.

“Yeah but what was that kiss,” I frowned. “Well, you have to do well with the concert to deserve a proper kiss.” She smirked and I frowned. Hey, it was my job to smirk. “Aww.”

“Anyways I gotta go!~ We’re the opening act you know.” She said and turned around.

“Hey, then I need to cheer you on, too.” I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arms around her.

“How-“She started to question but I stopped her by placing my lips on hers. Her eyes widened in shock as I kissed her.

“Fighting, Jiyoon-ah!~” I said with a smile.

“Hey you cheated.” She pouted. She should know by now that I can't stand her pouts. She is too cute.

“Aigoo, stop looking so cute or I’ll have to kiss you again.” I smirked.

“I’m going. Bye!~”  She said hurriedly and walked off.

 

The concert was amazing; the fans went wild during my solo with Yoseobie. What were we called again? Junseob couple?

Once the concert ended I looked for Jiyoon. I couldn’t afford for her to go inside before the members got ready. I spotted her and walked up to her, grabbing her hand in the process.

“Let’s go.” I pulled her towards the backstage.

She stopped walking. “Where are we going?”

“Backstage for the party come on.” I said hurriedly. I was getting more nervous by the second.

“Oookay.” She sounded confused but agreed to follow me.

I entered the room and stopped. They were not ready yet. My eyes widened in shock.

 “Ugh. Why are you here? Too early go back-“ Jihyun stopped ordering me when Jiyoon appeared behind me.

“Oops.” She said and let go of the balloon in her hand Ugh! This was a fail, I buried my face in my hands.

“Sorry, bro.” Doojoon shrugged.

“What is going on? Can someone explain?” Jiyoon questioned, clueless.

“Let’s just go.” I grabbed her hand and started pulling her away once more.

“Yah, we wanted to see it.” “Why are you leaving” The others opposed and whined but I did not care. They could die from curiosity for all I cared at that moment.

“What is going on?” She asked again but I ignored her questions for now. I called the elevator and we went up the rooftops.

“Okay. Why are we here? It’s freezing.”

I finally stopped and faced her. She was shivering. Oops. She was still in her stage clothes.

“I’m sorry” I told her but she looked beautiful in her very y stage outfit. How come this beauty was mine?

 “You like what you see?” She smirked at me. Busted.

“What?” I tried to act like I did not know what she was talking about. “Yes, I mean no I wasn’t staring at you or anything.” I couldn’t look at her. I took off my jacket and handed it to her. She needed it more than I did at the moment.

She smiled and put it on. She snuggled in comfort. Now was the time.

“Can you give me the box in the left pocket?” I asked with a knowing smile on my lips.

“Okay,” She took out the box and stared at it in confusion. “What is this?” She tilted her head cutely.

I got the box from her hands and opened it up. Inside were couple rings that I bought for us. Jiyoon looked shocked and amazed as she realized what was going on. She met my gaze and smiled.

I took out the ring from the box, revealing the chain attached to it.

I cleared my throat. “Jiyoon-ah.” I said affectionately and took a step towards her.

 “I know that I can’t be with anyone but you. So, this is my way of promising you. One day when we are allowed to date openly and get married, I hope you can wear this on you engagement finger but until then, it would be nice to just wear it as a necklace.”

I was waiting for her answer. My heart was beating hard against my chest and I thought I could die from anxiety from any moment. Then I saw tears glistening in her eyes. Oh no. Did she hate this?

“Why are you crying? Do you not like it? Was I too rash in my decision? You don’t want to-“She suddenly wrapped her arms around my neck and shook her head. Taking the opportunity I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist.

“No, silly.”She smiled, “I’m crying because I’m happy.”  She pulled way.

“Come here.” I cupped her face in my hands and pulled her in for a kiss. She returned the kiss passionately, deepening the kiss.

This was the happiness I wanted. I did not want any girl but Jiyoon. Despite our arguments and her jealousy I was content with my life. I needed her by my side no matter which step I took in life. I could not imagine existing without her. She completed me and that’s all that mattered.

---

A/N: I reached 100 subscribers today!!! YAY!! So I decided to update all of my fics :) Thank you guys so much!! <3

[cr: gifs are not mine]

This is not the end yet. There is still the Epilogue left  :) Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe :)