How the First Jealousy Seed was planted in me

The Impasse of My Heart

 


Chapter 12-How the first jealousy seed was planted in me.
 



“Ugh! She is so annoying. Did you see how she was flirting with Junhyung?” Jihyun screamed the moment we entered the dorm. Here we go again.

“Who are you talking about?” I asked.

“You mean the waitress? She was flirting with everyone. I mean every male.” I added. That waitress was so annoying, now that I think about it.

“No. Gina unnie.” Jihyun was flaring. What? I did not think she was. She is just overly friendly, is all.

“C’mon unnie. She is not like that.”Hyuna tried to defend her friend.

“Yeah she totally was.”Gayoon defended our leader. What was going on?

“Maybe you just don’t like Gina because of the MV.” I suggested.

“What? No. Stop being so naïve. That’s work; I don’t mind it…that much. But she totally was flirting with Junhyung.” She said as she placed her hands on her hips. She reminded me of my mom whenever she did that. 
I tried to hold back my laugh.

“What are you laughing at? This is serious business.” Jihyun flared more. Hyuna shook her head and headed for the bathroom. Where was I supposed to run off to now?

Yeah, I saw that Gina was talking to him the most but I just thought that she was being friendly. Aish. Jihyun is just being paranoid. However, when I told her this she became more furious.

“Aishhh…. Yah! Whatever. Just let her know that Junhyung is your man so that she does not approach him.”
How was…. Aish! “Yeah, sure leader-nim.” I told her to make her be quiet.

But thanks to this I was not able to sleep. Now that she had planted this jealousy seed in me I could not fall asleep. I kept on tossing around in my bed until sunrise. What was I supposed to do to these bags under my eyes now? Leader-nim you are responsible for this!

After my sleepless night I concluded that even if she is flirting with him; Junhyung isn’t the type to flirt back when he is dating me. That’s horrible, I trust him so why should I tell Gina unnie to back off? Jihyun is the type to get jealous easily so that’s why she was overreacting.

Getting out of my bed, I woke up the girls. We had a recording scheduled to do. We were going to record a song for Superstar K2 called “Superstar”. We had a quick breakfast on our way to the studio in the van. Once we got there we started recording immediately. Upon finishing my part I exited the recording room and went into the room where the other girls and the producer-nim was. Hyuna went in after me.

I sat on one of the office chairs, the ones that twirl around with my front facing the back of the seat and my knees were on the chair instead of my . Gayoon and I were watching Hyuna rap when I heard our Maknae yell “unnieee brace yourself!!!!”

“What?! Wait, no, stop! GAAHHHH!!!!” I screamed but it was no use. She started to twirl around the chair. Why does she always play pranks on me?! Gayoon and Jihyun joined in with her. “Woe is me!” I said myself dramatically then started laughing with them. 

“Okay,girls stop. Seriously I am getting dizzzzyyyyyyy,”

To my dismay they replied “This is the last time!”

They turned the chair so fast that I lost my control. Instead of screaming “wheeee” with joy I ended up just screaming when I fell. But the floor felt unexpectedly soft.

“Ouch.” I said and when I looked down I saw Junhyung facing me. I was lying on the top of him who was lying on the floor. 

“Are you planning to move or do you want to stay this way?” he asked me, smirking.

Oh.” Sorry and thank you…” I said and got up immediately. “When did you get here?” I asked him when he could stand up.

“I just walked in and saw you lose your balance and then BAM. Yeah that sums it up.” He explained.

Oh why God? Why me? Why do I always end up falling down in this room? Why does he always have to be here when I trip? This was so embarrassing… 

I turned my attention to the girls. “You guys are so going to pay for this.” I threatened them even though I knew this would not work on them.

“Well, hi Junhyung” Jihyun said, turning her attention to him instead.

“Hi to you, too.” He replied and suddenly faced Gayoon. “Hey Gayoon!” he said in a cheery tone, “What’s up?”

I saw her face turn red. This was hilarious. “Hey, yeah um…” She coughed, “I need to get some water…” And she
walked backwards towards the door, hitting the trashcan on the way and ran off.

Junhyung and I laughed at her while the others looked puzzled. This was because I kind of told Gayoon that we had seen her and Yoseob at the restaurant. Apparently Yoseob had asked her out but that little monster hid it from us because she didn’t want the attention to switch to her from me. She was avoiding being teased. This was so not fair. Yet, she made me promise not to tell the others yet so the girls had no idea at the moment.

We exited the recording room to not bother the recording going on as our producer was getting a bit mad.

“So what bring you here?” I asked him.

“Do I need to get permission to visit my girlfriend?”

“No… but don’t you have schedule or something?”

“Actually I do. I’m supposed to practice with Gina noona that’s why I came.”

“So you didn’t come here to see me?” I asked him a bit hurt, pouting. This was all Jihyun’s fault.

“Yah… that’s not what I meant…seriously.” He said.

I smiled up at him, “I’m just kidding. I’m really happy that you dropped by.”

“Oh really now?” He said smirking, “Did you miss me?”

“Maybe.” I said with a poker face. 

“What do you mean maybe? It’s a yes or no question…”

“What do you think?” I asked him slyly. 

“What I think is” he said, stepping closer to me. I was cornered by him in this position. “that you cannot bear to live a second without me.” He added.

“Oh really?” I said raising one eyebrow. 

“Well…” His face was inches away from mine. I could feel my cheeks turn red but I was keeping my expression unfazed. Then a beast song started to play. His phone was ringing. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“You might want to answer that,” I told him.

He cleared his throat and answered the phone. “Yoboseyo?”

“I’ll be right there… yes…bye” He turned towards me, “I need to go to my practice. Gina unnie is asking where I 
am…”

I pouted, but I only saw him for five minutes… “Go.” I told him.

“Jiyoonah…Aren’t you gonna tell me good bye, take care or something like that?” He asked me with a playful smile.

“Take Care!~” I said with a mocking tone, trying to sound happy.

“Seriously… You finish your recording, too. See you tomorrow on M!Countdown,” he added.

“Yes. Bye” I said waving as I watched him walk towards the elevators. 

Even though we were in the same building I couldn’t help but miss him. I didn’t want to go bother his practice so I stayed in the recording room. Jihyun of course told me to go there a billion times to show Gina that he is ‘my man’ but I refused. 

“God know what those two by themselves might be doing up there.” Jihyun said.

“Yah. There are backdancers there,too. It’s not just the two of them alone.” I defended. 

“Well how do you know?”

“Junhyung wouldn’t do something like that.”

“Yah. He might not but she might. Don’t you know how pretty she is? She could woo any man she wants.”

“Just be quiet okay? Thanks.” I said and turned away from her. Seriously, what could they be doing anyways? Yeah, he is like the ‘lady’s man’ amongst Beast and I know that he dated quite a few ladies during his trainee years but still… But what if something weird happens? What if she acts like she slips and falls into his arms… and then they look into each other’s eyes… and then……

“AAAHHHH!!!!” I screamed. “Jihyun you are dead!” I told her.

“Yah what did I do? I’m just warning you so you won’t be heartbroken.”

“Okay. I understand…” What’s up with me imagining weird things like the way those people do in dramas? This was so lame. I slapped my cheeks to get back to my senses.

Junhyung’s POV

Yoseob was truly mad, and he was cute when he was mad. I loved making him mad. He would always mess around with me and mock me but now it was my turn. He was trying to run away from me whenever he saw me ever since we came from the dinner. Of course, firstly I asked him to make sure he wasn’t playing around with Gayoon. After he explained that he actually asked her to be his girlfriend, I let him off… Well, not really. I started playing around with him. It was so much fun to see him turn red from anger but he couldn’t do anything as I was getting a payback. Ah life is bliss.

I was resting in my bed when Doojoon came into room.

“Yah. Junhyung! Wake up will you?” He shouted both his hands placed on his sides.

I turned to my other side to show him I would not wake up. 

“You have a schedule.” Then he sighed. “Look, I’ll bring in Hyunseung and make him tell you to ‘wake up’!”

Aish, seriously. He really knew how to threaten people.

“Okay, okay I’m up.” I said and got out of the bed and along the way I tripled on the clothes stacked up on the floor.

“What’s with this house? Why doesn’t anyone clean! This dorm is too small seriously.”

“Please don’t start your nagging this early in the morning. Aish I’m getting headaches already.”Doojoon said as he tried to make an exit, an escape from me.

“What’s on my schedule?” I asked him.

“You need to go practice with Gina noona remember?”

“Oh yeah…”I said, rolling my eyes. “What’s on 4minute’s schedule?” I asked as I looked for some decent, clean jeans to wear.

“Yah. How should I know? Am I their manager?”

“Well you check up on Jihyun every second so you should know!” I told him. He probably gets a copy of their schedule.

“They are going to be recording for their upcoming digital single.”

“So they are in the Cube building right now?” I asked, putting on my belt.

“Yes…”

“Awesome. See you later!” I told him and walked out of the room after grabbing my wallet and phone.

“Did you even wash your face?”

“I’m washing up right now.” I told him as I entered the bathroom. Kikwang exited the room at the same time.

“Yah, don’t walk around with a towel. Put on some clothes will ya?!” I told him before closing the door behind me. I washed my face and checked my hair before heading out. I looked at myself on the mirror for one last time and winked. I am a mighty fine man I thought to myself.

I might as well see Jiyoon before practicing. As I walked closer to the recording room I started to hear the girls shouts and screams more clearly. Jiyoon was screaming for something and Sohyun was laughing. Ah the maknae. Good thing our maknae is so different from other maknaes. But then again we have our fake maknae 
Yoseob who is more spoiled than our real maknae.

I suddenly heard Jiyoon scream. What the-

I ran into the room and saw her falling down. Before I realized what was happening I ran towards her and found myself under her. Ah, my back. With the force, she felt so heavy. I opened my eyes and found her staring at me. 

“Are you planning to move or do you want to stay this way?”I asked her with a playful smirk before realizing that we had company.

“Sorry and thank you…” She said and got up almost too suddenly. “When did you get here?” She asked me as she pulled me up.

“I just walked in and saw you lose your balance and then BAM. Yeah that sums it up.”
She had this weird expression on her face, was it embarrassment? “You guys are so going to pay for this.” She threatened her unfazed members.

“Well, hi Junhyung” Jihyun said to me with a weird tone that I could not understand.

“Hi to you, too.” I said and turned towards my next target. “Hey Gayoon! What’s up?” I said in the cheeriest tone I could muster with my voice, which was not much to expect. 

Gayoon turned into different shades of rest as she looked at me, “Hey, yeah um…” She coughed, “I need to get some water…” And while she tried to run away she managed to hit the trashcan on her way out. Priceless. I have been friends with her for so long but I hadn’t had a change to mess with her for a long time. The other members seemed like they did not know what were going on. We excused ourselves and exited the room so that we could talk freely and… that producer guy seemed pissed off.

“So what bring you here?” She asked me.

“Do I need to get permission to visit my girlfriend?” I said playfully but couldn’t help and wonder if she did not want to see me.

“No… but don’t you have schedule or something?”

“Actually I do. I’m supposed to practice with Gina noona that’s why I came.”

“So you didn’t come here to see me?” She pouted, and I saw an expression that I had not seen in her eyes for a long time, sadness.

“Yah… that’s not what I meant…seriously.” I tried to joke around. The only reason why I woke up was to see her. 
But of course I could not tell her this. It was too cheesy and would damage my badass image. 

She suddenly smiled, “I’m just kidding. I’m really happy that you dropped by.”

“Oh really now?” I replied, smirking, “Did you miss me?”

“Maybe.” She said without changing her expression. Hmmm…

“What do you mean maybe? It’s a yes or no question…” I told her as I got closer to her.

“What do you think?” She asked. 

“What I think is” I started to say, she was cornered right now and could not go anywhere. “That you cannot bear to live a second without me.” I added, sounding a bit too full of myself. Oh well…

“Oh really?” 

“Well…” I said and moved closer to her. She looked so cute whenever she was blushing. 

Then my phone started to ring.

“You might want to answer that,” She said in a dull tone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“I’ll be right there… yes…bye I had forgotten all about the practice. “I need to go to my practice. Gina unnie is 
asking where I am…” I tried to ramble on… 

“Go.” She said pouting again.

“Jiyoonah…Aren’t you gonna tell me good bye, take care or something like that?” I asked to lift up the mood but she wouldn’t take it.

“Take Care!~” She said, trying to sound happy but she wasn’t. I could tell.

“Seriously… You finish your recording, too. See you tomorrow on M!Countdown,” I told her.

“Yes. Bye” She said in a obedient tone. 

I went to the practice room and we rehearsed for the performance for a bazillion times. This was going to be 
Gina noona’s debut stage so I did not want to mess it up for her. I also wanted to look cool in front of Jiyoon’s eyes.

--- 

A/N: Thank you guys for commenting and subscribing :)