Rock Bottom

Its All a Game

Words spoken in Chinese

The Next Day

Luhan walked into the crowded hallways, head down, hood on, and eyes red. He paid no attention to the whispers that were thrown his way, or the accusing fingers that wormed their way onto his back. He didn’t give a second glance at his vandalized locker nor did he react to the mocking names spat into his face; rather he simply sat at his desk, laid his head down, and prayed for the day to go by quicker. Unfortunately, time seemed to love crawling today.

Uh… Sehunnie… harder…” The Chinese boy’s head automatically shot up as he heard his own voice, his own moans, his own pleas broadcasted through the intercom. “Hunnie… please… I need more…” Laughter enclosed the room as his moans continued through the room. His eyes grew large and helpless, yet the teacher still continued to act as though he wasn’t hearing the tape run through the school.

Yes, ladies and gentleman, our residing ugly duckling really is a .” Tears threatened to pool over as Sehun’s voice came loud and clear on the intercom, mocking his young ex-lover. “Dear Luhannie,” the nickname came out with a sneer, the addressed barely being able to stand listening to the once loving pet name, “You are the biggest I have ever met. Honestly, who would ever love your ugly ? Love? Is that what you thought I had for you? Hah, to be honest you were a joke. A game. I lost a bet and I had to date you. And let me tell you I utterly despised every moment I had to be near you. To touch you. To mutter those useless words to you. Understand this, ugly. I hate you.”

At Third period

The day didn’t get any nicer for the poor boy. After Sehun’s little public service announcement he was confronted with boys commenting on how well he can take it up the and girls breathing sighs of relief as their precious Kingka is still straight and still single. Stepping into the chaotic classroom, Luhan’s eye caught the sight of his lover’s lap being occupied by a rather scandalously dressed female.

Look, Hunnie, the loser really did show up.”

Wow you’re right, Fany, I thought that after everything he would throw himself off a bridge,” Sehun’s voice rang louder than normal, his little insult digging a dagger through Luhan’s chest.

He has balls, Sehun. Got to give him that.” Kris chuckled as the group turned their attention back to the silently crying Chinese boy. As the group continued to laugh at their own jokes, their target simply sat silently taking in every insult. Luhan didn’t say anything back, nor did he try to defend himself. All he did was lay his head down, and continue to listen to all the comments thrown his way; he didn’t even bother to wipe the tears that continued to slide onto his desk.

"Of course he does. He has an extra pair hanging in his mouth and his ."

At Lunch

Silently, Luhan trudged his way through the crowds, his voice failing him as the laughter continued to pull him back into reality. Finally escaping the mocking crowds, Luhan soon became much closer to the floor and the day’s mystery meat.

Oops, didn’t see you there. Soo sorry.” Not having to look up, the Chinese boy already knew whose combat boot was planted firmly on his back. “You might want to clean that turkey off your face, though.”

I don’t know, Hunnie, the gravy does make his face a little bit more bearable to look at.” Following the stabbing words, was a sharp heel that found its home on Luhan’s shin, digging deeper into the starting wound. “Oops, did I hurt you?” Tiffany’s face morphed into fake sympathy, gaining many praises from the onlooking crowd for her 'caring soul'. “You might want to get that cut checked out, Luhan. We wouldn’t want it to get infected now would we?” Luhan simply kept his head on the floor, showing no one the tears that flowed, the scowl that showed, or the beginnings of a plan to brutally murder the school’s queen.

After School

Somehow Luhan miraculously made it through hell day without snapping anyone’s neck. After lunch, things didn’t get much better as his locker was made even worse. Spray painted over the bent door read words: die, gay, , ugly and many more. The inside of the locker wasn’t the prettiest sight either as someone had trashed every single one of the poor boy’s books which meant 500 dollars down the drain. Luckily, the bastards weren’t smart enough to look into the pencil pouch that laid torn in the back of the locker which meant that EXO’s family picture was safe. Not even bothering with the books, Luhan tucked the picture safely in his back pocket before he began his escape. As he took a single step into the pouring rain, his face hit the wet floor once more. At this point, the singer’s tolerance was just about all used up and all he wanted to do was shoot every single one of those amazing kings in the face.

What do you want, Sehun?” His voice rang with a sharpness that surprised even him, but didn’t allow his face to show it as he reached for his umbrella.

So the ugly duckling does have guts,” Kai’s cocky tone was evident as he brought his own heel down onto the Chinese boy’s umbrella, successfully smashing the poles in half. “But you know guts aren’t always the best thing to have.” Bending down, Kai forced the target’s face up, his beautifully ugly smirk eating Luhan up slowly. “Sehun, I think you need to teach your a little lesson.”

He’s not my anymore. He’s just a .” The maknae’s words were simple and slow, but Luhan could hear the mocking tone that enveloped every syllable and soon Kai’s face was replaced with Sehun's. “Do you understand why we did this, Luhan? Do you understand why this happened to you? It’s all because you need to learn your place in this world. Some people are born to lead, some are born to follow, and you? You’re just born to be there. To have no voice, to just be there. To take up air and to be silent. But no, you decided to go out and be this smiling, laughing fool even though everyone hates you. Do you understand what I’m saying? You’re not supposed to be happy. And that’s why I made sure you understand what true pain is.” Stepping up from his spot, Sehun turned, starting to walk back to his friends, being sure to kick the excess mud into his ex-boyfriend’s face.

You don’t know that.” The small whimper was caught quickly by the ulzzang, however, said ulzzang didn’t turn around. He simply paused in his spot, motioning for Baekhyun to hand him something. Not even bothering to give his once lover a second glance, Sehun dropped the large pile of papers in a Ziploc bag in front of Luhan, making sure to keep his back towards him.

Really? Because it seems as though many people think that.” Looking down at the paper, the sound of a heart shattering could be heard miles away. The large red letters staring the foreigner back in the face made it all evident. And Sehun’s solemn smile as confirmation made it all the worse. “Have fun alone.” With that, the four Kings left a soaking Luhan in the middle of the field, staring down at his own suicide petition with over five thousand signatures.

Once he gets home

LUHAN ARE YOU OK?!” Lay immediately jumped to the door when he was faced with the sight of a crying, shuddering, soaked Luhan. “What’s wrong? What happened? Tao, go get some dry clothes!” Wrapping a towel around the younger boy, Lay helped Luhan into the living room. His questions halted as Tao came rushing back with dry sweats. Yixing wasted no time in quickly stripping his baby out of the dripping clothes and throwing the large sweatpants and hoodie over the cold body. Once fully dressed, Luhan fell into his hyung’s embrace, allowing the tears to fall freely this time. “Luhannie… baby… what happened?” The singer merely continued to sob into his hyung’s shoulder, his voice not being able to come through.

Gege, does this have anything to do with it?” Kyungsoo’s broken Chinese floated through the room as he revealed the large pile of papers.

Hannie… is this... a suicide petition?” Suho’s voice was soft as the red letters cut into his own mind. Knowing that the younger would have trouble with Korean, he tried his best to make him feel safer. Out of instinct, Tao tore the stack of papers from his elder’s hands, his own eyes widening as he read the first four names on the list.

I’ll be back.” Tao’s sudden declaration pulled questions that no one had time to ask as the young wushu expert escaped out the door. Glancing down at the tainted paper, Chanyeol’s expression mimicked his younger brother’s as he too voiced his departure and quickly dashed out the door, with one target on his mind. Suho, in his own world of curiosity took another look at the papers, reading out the top four names that struck deep into each member.

Wu Yifan, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongin, and Oh Sehun.”