Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen

Its All a Game

 

The next school day

 

Disguised Luhan walked into the school with an abundance of uncertainty. After his little exchange with Kris, paranoia over took his body. What if Kris did tell Sehun? What if he told everyone? What if people hated him more now? His head was spinning from the massive amount of questions and it didn’t help that over the entire weekend he had no contact with Xiumin, which worried the younger. Staring down at his phone in hopes of a text message or missed call, he didn’t notice the metal door a few inches in front of him. As Luhan continued to scroll aimlessly through his phone, he was given a rude awakening, walking head first into the locker door.

“Oh you ok?”

“I think so..” Luhan took the offering hand up, as he rubbed his head. Once his vision came back, his savior was revealed. Of course, Luhan’s savior had to be the man he just threatened two days ago. “Thanks Kris… I’ll just go now..” Seeing the younger back into his cowardly state caused the King to smirk knowing that the upper hand was once again passed to him. Before the Chinese boy could get further away, he placed a forceful hand onto his shoulder, successfully spinning him around.

“Oh what happened to big bad Luhan? Is he back to crying like a little baby?” The younger avoided eye contact  as the two were now nose to nose. Staying silent, Kris let his mouth run terror, mocking the younger’s show at his house. Provoking him to burst out, easing Luhan to reveal the truth.

“Yah hyung, what do you think you’re doing with my boyfriend?” Much to the relief of Luhan, Sehun had s his arms around the waist of the shorter, sending a playful glare towards Kris.

“Don’t worry about it Hun. I’m just going to.. go.” Placing a chaste kiss on Sehun’s cheek Luhan sped away as quickly as he could, before Kris could provoke him anymore.

“What did you do to the ugly duckling?” Sehun questioned once his “boyfriend” was out of hearing range.  Kris simply smirked turning back to his locker retrieving his book before stating,

“Ever wonder if the playboy got played?”

 

In Class with Sehun

Kris’s statement rang through his head as he tuned out the teacher. Sehun couldn’t understand what Kris meant by “the playboy got played.” Looking over to his boyfriend, a thought became apparent.

“What if Luhan is cheating on me?” With now widened eyes, Sehun turned back to his partner. The feelings weren’t what Sehun was expecting at all, he was shocked and confused, but when he thought of Luhan kissing someone else his, a pang came from his heart. The Korean boy shook his head, throwing off the feeling. He shouldn’t feel pain or disappointment. He should be happy, overjoyed if anything. If Luhan was cheating on him, he could not only embarrass him, but make him look like a complete and utter in front of the entire school. He can ruin him and give him a bad reputation. As he tried to convince himself that he wasn’t upset that there is the possibility that Luhan was cheating on him, a lump formed in his throat. Sehun continued his mantra in his head, his fake laughter, but as much as he told himself that this worked towards his plan, his body refused to cooperate with him. Taking a heavy gulp, Sehun tuned into the last of his teacher’s psychology lecture trying to steady his shaking hand enough to take notes.

“The term heartbroken comes from the reported feelings that when one is hurt emotionally by someone they care deeply about, a pain is felt within their chest as though their heart was breaking. Tilting his head down, Sehun quickly scribbled down illegible notes on the damped paper.

 

Passing period

Sehun rushed out of the classroom, avoiding the student’s worried gazes, but most of all’s Luhan’s gaze. Rushing towards his destination, the tall male stood out as he was exchanging books once more.

“You mean Luhan is cheating on me?!” Kris gave a small jump at the new voice, turning to see a distraught Sehun. The sight surprised the elder, as the almighty King was now a red eyed mess, over the game piece. Questioning the importance of the fact, Sehun gave a small forced scoff, “Well if he is, we can embarrass him and  make him look like an for cheating on me. His rep will be even worse!” His words came through a strained voice as Kris looked unconvinced, but didn’t speak on his suspicions.

“Well yesterday, I saw Luhan sitting in a café sharing a cake and laughing with another guy and they were all touchy feely. They even held hands out of the café.” If the hallway was a bit quieter, everyone would have been able to hear glass shattering. Quickly thanking Kris, Sehun rushed into the bathroom leaving a newly enlighted Kris behind.

 

In the bathroom

Luckily for Sehun, the bathroom was abandoned as most students were rushing to their next class. Taking a peek in the mirror, the King saw the ugliest reflection. Sehun was broken. The king’s cheeks were stained with tears flowing from redding eyes.

“WHAT THE ?!” Punching the glass, Sehun shattered his reflection before gripping the counter in front of him. Ignoring the ringing bell, the young boy failed to control his short breaths. “Why the hell am I crying? Shouldn’t I be happy?” Sehun questioned himself as more tears streamed down his face. Images of Luhan laughing, eating and walking with another man invaded his head, causing the younger to cry out in angst. He didn’t nor did he want to understand these feeligns that erupted from him. He wanted to bawl, to yell at Luhan, but mostly he wanted to stop his chest from hurting so much. It was simply pain. Pain that he had never expierenced.  A pain that no matter how much pressure of medicine he took would go away. A pain that brought on tears. A pain that force the almighty to fall. “Why there?”

 

Flashback

 

Luhan dragged his feet along, keeping his head down and his hood on much to the amusement of Sehun.

“Hannie, why are you walking that way?” Quickly shushing the boy, Luhan looked up, his face covered by sunglasses and a mask worringly. The boy didn’t want anybody from school, especially any of the girls to see the ugly duckling going on a date with their belovived King. Unless he’d rather never see the light of day. “Don’t worry Hannie, I promise, I won’t let anyone hurt you.” The taller spoke, grabbing the shorter’s sunglasses and running before Luhan realized what happened.

“YAH! SEHUN-HYUNG!” Luhan darted through the crowded chasing after a laughing Sehun before the two stopped in front of a little café. Catching up, Luhan stole back his sunglasses giving Sehun a glare of disapproval. Sehun gave an innocent smile before pulling the younger into the café. Stepping in Luhan inhaled the sweet aroma, smiling as he saw the little cakes displayed in the clear case. “Hyungggg, can I have a strawberry cake plleaasee??” Luhan brought his hands up in an over aegyo way that can make F(x) Victoria’s aegyo look like nothing. Sehun smacked the younger playfully in the back of the head,

“Yah! Stop it with that face!” Luhan merely laughed out loud knowing that he won. Taking a seat Luhan awaited for his date to return with his cake and a black coffee. Digging into the large strawberry cake, uncaring of his date.

“majsdnfo sdfosadigj roaiejrfoij” Luhan expressed smiling as he ate away at the cake.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full. I can’t understand you.” Finishing the piece in his mouth, Luhan gave the biggest little kid smile, thanking his hyung for the cake before shoving another large piece in his face as Sehun just took a sip of his of his bitter coffee. When Luhan looked up, the elder busted out laughing as the younger had frosting all over his face. “I can’t take you can’t anywhere can I?” Sehun asked, his thumb like a mother before standing up across the table to clean the younger’s face. Finishing, Sehun didn’t immediately sit down, their eyes paused for a second before Luhan blushed and turned away.

“Don’t look at me like a piece of meat!”

“But you are made of meat.”

“Don’t try to be a smart aleck!”

“But I am smart.”

“Stopping trying to be funny.”

“But I am funny.”

“Stop trying to be an .”

“But I am an .. YAH!” Luhan on the other hand was too busy laughing at his own antics to notice Sehun’s pouting face. “Oh help me! My boyfriend is so mean to me. Pity me. Woe is me!!” Sehun exclaimed throwing his head back dramatically in “pain.” Luhan scoffed at the younger and asked for another piece of cake. “Aish~            first he makes fun of me and then he makes me buy him another piece of cake, what did I get into?” Sehun gave another dramatic sigh before leaving to retrive Luhan’s request. Coming back, Sehun commented on how if Luhan kept eating so much cake, he would become fat.

“No I won’t. Because I’m not eating it, you are.” Before Sehun could question what Luhan meant, the younger smashed his face down into the rather large slice of cake, before dashing out of the door.

“You are dead meat Luhan!!”

“Actually I’m alive meat!”

 

At lunch

Emerging from the class, Luhan trekked over to his locker, forcefully shoving his textbook into it with anger.  How dare Kris treat him that way, just because he was at school? Oh no, Luhan was going to keep true to his word, Kris is losing his date tonight. Before the Chinese boy could go into any more silent ranting, a hand pulled Luhan away from the locker and into an empty classroom.

"YAH! Who do you think- Sehun? Is that you?" 

"Are you cheating on me?" Luhan stepped back a little shocked as to why Sehun would even ask a question like that. 

"Of course not, why-"

"DON'T LIE TO ME LUHAN!"

"I DIDN'T!" Sehun honestly didn't know what to believe. At this point, he was crying once again. "Sehun. I swear to you. I didn't cheat on you. I love you." and with that Sehun ran. He ran, not because he didn't believe Luhan, he ran because he didn't understand why hearing those words truely broke his heart. He finally stopped in the middle of a random neighborhood, dropping to his knees, uncaring of the onlookers.

"What do you do to me Luhan, you're still nothing to me. You're supposed to be nothing to me. Nothing but a joke."