The Fireplace ♥

Secret L♥ve

 

 

“Well, I dreamt of this fireplace and-”

 

“A fire place?” Dongho asked, cutting me off. “Why would you dream about a fire place?”

 

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “But it was an unused fire place, like a decoration of some sort.”

 

I told him more about the dream, what came before and after it, stopping now and then to look at his reactions. He was quite silent the whole walk towards first period, his gaze was almost distant and his expression portrayed that of thoughtfulness and wonder.

 

“I get it now.” He suddenly said, snapping his fingers as he sat down beside me. “It’s quite like a metaphor isn’t it?”

 

“A metaphor?” I asked him, a puzzled expression plastered to my face. “What do you mean?”

 

“You buy or make something that’s supposed to create heat, to keep people warm on a cold, winter day.” He said, “But you don’t give it the element to create that certain necessity.”

 

 “Alright then, Mr. Smarty pants.”  I chuckled, pinching his nose. “Why do you think I dreamt about it then?”

 

He slapped my hand away and rubbed his nose. “Well I’m pretty sure it must be related to your past.” He said. “Or maybe something of your present or what is to come in your future. Who knows for sure?” he shrugged. “Just don’t think about it now, you’re going to worry over nothing again.” He sighed.

 

“Yah! What do you mean? I don’t worry over nothing.” I insisted.

 

“Shhh, you’re too loud!” He said, annoyed.

 

I opened my mouth to say something else but the teacher with all her clacking heels entered the classroom, placed her books quite sternly on her desk and declared, “Pop Quiz!”

 

There were audible groans that came from each direction in the classroom. Dongho and I joined them but we soon quieted down as the teacher shot us warning looks.

 

“This quiz is either going to lift your grades up, or bring you down.” She smiled; the smile was quite sinister and looked like she had something delirious up her burgundy red, designer, jacket sleeves. “So get your pens ready and…”

 

I looked towards Dongho who was poking me endlessly with the end of his pencil. He smiled and mouthed, “Hot choco later?”

 

I smirked but shook my head and pointed towards the teacher. “Mid terms?” I mouthed back, reminding him that we had only a few days left.

 

He sighed and started scribbling something on a piece of paper then passing it to me.

 

 Hot chocolate and lessons then? Then let’s talk more about your dream as well. Come on, please~

 

{ G o  w i t h  h i m }

 

{ R e s i s t  t h e  t e m p t a t i o n }