A beautiful nightmare

Secret L♥ve

 

 

 

"Where am I?"

 

I was inside a room. It was carpeted and made of wood. There was a fireplace on the far side corner to the left, but there was no trace of it being used. It was more or less a decoration. It was a symbol of luxury, a symbol of what people had when they have lots of money. Yet, it could've been used. It was a snowy day after all. There was a single window at the side, showing a view of an alluring garden. There were no doors.

 

I looked around. There was no furniture either. Just a single, cushioned, wooden chair in the middle of it all.

 

“Soohyo?”

 

I turned and came face to face with a woman. “Mom?”

 

My brows knit together, I didn’t recognize my voice. It was hoarse and was barely audible. Like a soft whisper that was said in the middle of an ocean during a storm. The woman walked towards me. Her steps were so comely that it looked like she was barely stepping on the red, carpeted floor.

 

Her brown eyes were so full of light and hope. Her dark brown hair was cascading down her face. She leaned closer to me and smiled, whilst sighing in relief. Her soft hands reached my face, making me feel so safe and at peace.

 

“Mom.” I said again. This time it came out the way I wanted it to be the first time. “Mom, please. Say something?” I whispered.

 

She looked down towards where my neck should be, and I followed her gaze. A golden, plated angel rested on top of my skin, just above my chest.

 

When I looked up, my mother was gone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I shook my head and shot up from my bed, my head turning left and right again and again as I frantically searched for my mother inside my cold, dark room. “Mom?”

 

My voice came out as a squeak; as a sign of vulnerability. I touched my collarbone, searching for the necklace, but it wasn’t there.  I breathed in and out slowly, trying to catch my breath. I wiped a thin sheet of sweat on my forehead and got up from my bed to get a glass of water.

 

My bare feet thudded on the tiled floor softly as I made my way towards the kitchen. I crossed my arms in an attempt to warm myself up. I stopped short, my breath catching in my throat.

 

The kitchen light was on.

 

“Soohyo, don’t worry. It’s just me.” Ahjumma laughed. “Come here dear.”

 

I blinked and shuffled towards her, almost tripping on my pajamas. “Why are you up so late?” I asked her, leaning on the counter.

 

She opened and closed the fridge as she grabbed a bottle of honey. Probably to mix with what was ever inside the small tea cup beside the sink. I started observing her every move. She was gracious and very careful with her movements. Yet, she was quick and lithe despite her petite, ample figure. Her long, silky hair was down.

 

She was the perfect mother figure.

 

“What are you staring at, dear?” she asked, sipping her tea. “I’m getting quite conscious of that gaze of yours.” She chuckled.

 

“Nothing.” I shook my head whilst pouring water in a glass for myself. “I just had a good dream.” I mumbled.

 

“Good?” she asked, approaching me. “But why are you crying?” She wiped my cheeks and the sides of my eyes. Then she reached for my messy, bed head, struck by lightning hair and began it softly. 

 

“I didn’t know I was.” I whispered, wiping whatever trace of tears were left. “I dreamt about her again ahjumma.” I paused.“I don’t know if it was a good dream or a bad one.”

 

“It must’ve been a beautiful nightmare then, honey.” She whispered back, smiling at me while pushing the glass I was holding to my lips. “Now go back to bed. You still have school tomorrow.” I nodded.

 

I drank my water slowly and settled it on the table. I held ahjumma's hand as we made our way to our rooms. “Junsu misses you, you know.” She mumbled. “Ever since you went to that school, you haven’t been spending as much time as before, right?”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll make it up to him somehow.”

 

“Alright. I’ll look forward to that.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

He was leaning against my locker once again, as I arrived in school.

 

“Good morning!” he greeted with a bright smile.

 

“Morning.” I wearily smiled back. “You’re a bit hyper today.”

 

“I think it was the cereal I got for breakfast.” He laughed. “You look the opposite." he laughed as I shoved him to the side. "Didn’t get a good night sleep?” I shook my head.

 

“I had a beautiful nightmare.” I muttered.

 

“Wanna talk about it?” he asked, slipping his hands inside his back pockets. “I’m a great listener, you know.” He suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

I pushed him away playfully. “I’ll think about your oh-so generous offer, alright?”

 

“What was it about?” he asked, curiosity dazzling brightly in his eyes.

 

“Well…”

 

{  F i r e p l a c e  }

{   N e c k l a c e  }

{  C h a i r  }

 

a/n

Story of my works:

so many spaces, not enough words 

-.-