Rooftop Prince ♥

Secret L♥ve

 

   I went down to the cafeteria to buy some food. When I did, I looked around for a table to sit on but I found none. All the students were sprawled all over the chairs and even the tables whilst chatting and laughing happily.

 

   I cringed at the loud sounds they were making and grabbed my crackers and water. That was practically the only thing I can afford in this ridiculous school. Everything else was probably dollar rated.

 

   I wandered away from the building and found a rusty metal staircase. It looked old but sturdy enough to handle hundreds of students going up. I took one step hesitantly and another. I looked up curiously when I heard music coming from the top. I looked around to see if anyone was following me or looking at me and when I suspected none, I hurriedly but silently climbed up the stairs.

 

     I took a small peek at seemed to be a roof and found a familiar figure dancing. He suddenly stopped and I hurriedly ducked. There was a pause and the music started again. I looked back up and found Chunji’s emotionless face in front of mine, inches apart.

   “What exactly were you doing there?” he asked, still not moving away.

 

   I clutched the rail and gulped. “I-I-“

 

   “You are one nosy kid aren’t you Soo Hyo?” he muttered.

 

   My heart was at its fastest but I exhaled when he suddenly backed away, crossing his arms.

 

   “Mind telling me what you’re doing here?”

 

   I went up the last few steps of the staircase and stood a few feet away from him.

   “I was just…looking for somewhere to eat.” I stammered.

 

   His eyebrow went up. “And you’re on the roof because….?” He asked, making small hand gestures.

 

   “B-because I didn’t have any place to sit down.”

 

   “So you think being on the roof helps?” he snapped.

 

   I cringed at the scary looking Chunji. He was mostly happy and smiling…not frustrated.

   “Sorry.” I said, feigning a grin and walking towards the staircase.

 

   I heard him exhale heavily. “Yah.” He called.

   I turned to him, surprised. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand, and pulled me to the center.

 

   “I’m sorry okay? I just don’t want you here because I don’t want you to see the bad side of me.” He mumbled, dropping my hand.

 

    “B-bad side of you?” I squeaked.

 

   “I always come here when I’m in a bad mood.” He muttered.

 

   “In a bad mood?” I asked, my eyebrows scrunching together. “Mind telling me what happened?”

 

   He sighed and walked towards the edge of the roof and leaned on the railings. I cautiously walked towards him and leaned on the railings as well.

   “Soo Hyo, promise me you’re not going to tell anyone okay?”

 

   I nodded eagerly. “I promise.”

 

   He raised a brow at me and raised his pinky. I snorted, but hooked my pinky with his. He looked at me for a few seconds and looked ahead.

   “The girl who was my…um…friend, for quite a long time, I think I…um…like her.” He stuttered, scratching his neck awkwardly.

 

   I blinked. “Oh. And this made you upset because?”

 

   He let out a small chuckle. “She doesn’t remember who I am.”

 

   “EH?! How come?” I asked.

 

   “Well, I…let’s say, moved to another neighborhood and since then, I haven’t spoken to her. And when I do have the chance to, she doesn’t remember.” He mumbled, glancing at me once in awhile.

 

   “What kind of friend is that?” I looked at him, kinda frustrated.

 

   He laughed at my expression and shook his head, resting his arms on the handle of the railings. He looked at me for a minute and smiled.

 

   “Thanks for listening.” He said.

 

   I tilted my head. “I didn’t think I helped at all.”

 

   “Trust me Soo Hyo.” He said, his normal happy voice was coming back. “You were a big help.”

 

   I looked at him, confused. “What?” I asked.

 

   “Nothing.” He said, waving it off. “Did you eat lunch yet?”

 

   I looked at my crushed crackers and my bottle of water and I held it up to him.

   “For some reason, I don’t feel like eating anymore.”

 

   “Yah, you’re not getting any healthier you know. You can’t just eat crackers and water for lunch!” he nagged.

 

   My eyebrow rose as I looked at him. He was never the motherly type. He looked to manly for that. I pushed him playfully.

   “Are you like my mom now?” I giggled.

 

   He rolled his eyes and grabbed the crackers. He opened them and held a piece at near my mouth. I pushed his wrist away but he only held it nearer.

    “YAH EAT!” he commanded.

 

    “I CAN DO IT MYSELF!” I yelled.

 

   He started laughing while I kept struggling to keep his hand away. He started getting closer until I could feel my eyes go criss-cross.  He slowly stopped laughing and I blinked. My heart felt like jumping out of my chest and running away as he suddenly came closer. I looked away from him and backed away slowly.

   He cleared his throat and handed my crackers back to me.

 

   “T-thank you.” I mumbled, and started walking towards the staircase. I tripped while walking but I remained composure as my cheeks reddened.

 

   “Yah, Jung Soo Hyo.” I heard him call me.

 

   I looked back hesitantly and saw his smiling face. He was just smiling naturally, as if nothing happened at all.

 

   That’s right. Everything today should be erased.

 

 

   “Do you want to eat lunch with me?”  

 

 

{continue...}

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

{author's note}

     I found time to update today since we didn't really do anything in school xD lol.  

     :> ♥ Thank you for the subs!