Guardian

Secret L♥ve

 

 

In the end, I agreed to ditch with him.

 

Funny thing is, we didn’t even leave the school premises. He took me inside those gardens with huge trees and flowers of different sorts. It was crazy how he loved plants so much. “Wow.” I whispered, my voice echoing throughout the entire garden. “What is this place?”

 

“It’s my own version of a secret garden.” He said, his face was getting slightly pink. “This is getting weird isn’t it? A boy having a hobby of planting trees and watching flowers grow.”

 

“It does sound a bit feminine.” I laughed. “But it’s wonderful L.joe, thank you for showing me this place.”

 

He nodded. “You seemed like the one to appreciate it.”

 

He guided me through the wonderful maze of flowers and lush greenery. Birds were chirping everywhere and as we walked past a concrete fountain, a yellow butterfly fluttered past me and onto the tulips where it started feeding once again. “This. Is. Awesome.” I told him. “I’d ditch everyday if I get to be in a place like this.”

 

He laughed. “I’m glad you like it. Although, I’m not so proud about that badass attitude of yours, princess. You sound way manlier than I do.”

 

I stuck my tongue out at him and continued walking. “How do you maintain all this?”

 

“Actually, Dongho’s in on the secret too.” He laughed. “Plus, a random gardener. He’s the one who pays the gardener to water the plants every single day. And to make amends, I help him with Algebra.”

 

I stopped on my tracks and looked at him square in the eye. “You.”

 

“Me?” he blinked. “What about me?”

 

“You help him with algebra?” I asked, not bothering to hide my surprise.

 

“Ouch.” He gasped, feigning pain his chest. “That hit me hard, princess.” He draped an arm around my shoulders and steered me to a patch of the greenest grass I’ve ever seen. “I’m not as stupid as you think I am, you know?” he laughed, sitting down on the patch. I sat beside him.

 

“I thought bullies were always…” I trailed off, looking for the right word. “I mean sometimes-“

 

“It’s okay, I get it.” He said. “I get that a lot so don’t worry.”

 

“So you’re not a bully then?”

 

He seemed to think about it for a time and then finally, he shook his head. “I don’t bully people to the extent that they end up in the hospital.” He paused. “Okay, maybe sometimes. But let’s say, I’m a one of a kind vigilante.”

 

“A vigilante?”

 

“Yeah, I help those in need. Like Robin hood or maybe Superman.” He muttered, striking a pose with his fist up in the air. I laughed, shaking my head.

 

“You? Superman?”

 

“Sure,” he shrugged. “Why not? I think I'd look pretty damn hot in some red underwear over blue trousers." he laughed. "I mean, do you remember that freshman kid who got bullied because he unintentionally spilled some milk on this fat guy’s pants?”  I shook my head.

 

“I don’t eat at the cafeteria.” I replied.

 

“Oh. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Between you and me, I was the one who sent the fat guy to the principal’s office because he punched the freshman dude.”

 

“How?” I asked him, hugging my knees towards my chest.

 

“Well ,the freshman guy happened to owe me a couple hundred bucks, so after school, I followed him while he was heading back home. This guy was rich because of his inheritance. He gained the money when his grandfather died because of Leukemia. His grandfather and he were close, so obviously, all the money went to him.”

 

“Wait.” I stopped him, “Where do you get all this stuff?”

 

He shrugged and smirked. “I have my own sources. Can I continue now?” I nodded.

 

“So anyway, the guy owed me some money and I followed him towards this apartment he still lived in, he couldn’t live in his grandfather’s house because he wasn’t of drinking age yet. He noticed me and of course, I couldn’t say anything else but what my intentions were. Then, it led to some sparring but I got my money.” He grinned, reminiscing the memory. “Guess who got expelled?”

 

“The fat guy?”

 

He shook his head. “The freshman guy did.”

 

I blinked. “How? Wasn’t he the one who punched the freshman?”

 

“Yes, but you see, the freshman guy did it purposely. While I was punching him he ended up telling me everything. That fat guy’s name is Joonsik and he’s my friend. The freshman intended to spill milk all over Joon’s trousers out of mockery. Obviously, Joon ended up punching him. But how the freshman guy got expelled instead is beyond me.” He smirked. “Or is it?”

 

“Yah! You can’t just end a story like that!” I complained. “That’s unfair.”

 

“Life is unfair, princess. You should know that by now. I know I did.”

 

I huffed but dismissed the subject anyway. “So you’re a vigilante.”

 

“I’d like to consider being called, a good friend.” He laughed. “It sounds way better than vigilante. That way, I wouldn’t sound like a criminal.”

 

“Vigilante’s aren’t criminals. But they do kill people sometimes.” I paused, looking at him. “Do you kill people L.joe?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

He went silent after that, sending chills through my whole system.  “Is that where you get all your bruises from?” I whispered. The moment I saw him tense, I knew that I had a strung a chord. And that chord was the only thing he held on to.   

 

“That princess,” he said, a familiar edge coated his voice. “Is a story I don’t want to share with you.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“It’s better that way Soohyo. Trust me.”

 

And so I did.  

 

{ c o n t i n u e }

 

a/n

I feel like i'm on a roll. 

This is the first time I had updated so many chapters at once I cannot even.

It's 2 in the afternoon and I need to take a bath. 

enjoy my lovelies ^^

p.s have you seen the cheeky bonus

p.p.s please upvote :D