chp16

Is Being Pretty Everything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n75kR-gynxM

chapter16

|So Young’s POV|

The following days and week went good.

Sometimes I had problems with Ahri but it was okay. 

What I worried about was that big math exam I was having in a week. Right now it was Friday, 3rd lesson, math.

"Okay class. Put out your assignment, let's overwork and learn for the test."

I put it out like he said and sighed as I looked at it.

I was doing it on my own...I can guarantee it was all wrong. How should I be able to manage the math exam...on my own?!

"So Young?"

I jerked in my chair as I heard my name out of the teacher's mouth.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered and he glared at me. "Your answer to exercise 5b?"

"5b?" I looked onto my piece of paper and sighed. "It's wrong."

"Why is it wrong? I don't care, just say it." he demanded and I rolled my eyes, reading it out loud. "56 and later on 27."

"Okay, guys. Why is this not right?" Mr. Kim looked around in the class and I just laid my head onto my arms, sleeping position, because I really didn't want to listen to it anymore.

After about a minute the teacher spoke to me again. "So Young? Next week we'll be writing math. I know you for two years now and I know if you don't learn more, this won't end well for you."

"Yeah." I mumbled and ran with my hands through my hair.

Min sighed and poked my shoulder. "Yangie yah~ you should really get a tutor. Your attitude towards the teachers, especially Mr. Kim, is getting worse and worse because you can't really talk with them in lessons. If you get better in math you maybe could answer him properly and not just with the words 'yeah' and 'yes'."

I nodded solemnly. "I know but...Janey's really good in math because of her tutor and she can't teach me anything in math. My mom was a math genius in school and is still able to do math very good, I saw it on my own, but even she isn't able to help. I also once did math with dad but, well...it's just that everybody I ask, it ends up me being as stupid as before. I'm this kind of person who could do math in the evening when you taught me but forgets it in the morning again [A/N: SAME HERE :D]. I'm a serious problem for the human race. The one who can do math."

Min was holding in her laughter and I poked her ribs.

"You dare to laugh about me, you bug?!" I whispered jokingly angry and she shook her head with faked fear.

We continued doing some quiet jokes, what didn't help me in any way.

 

"I'm ho-ome~!" I screamed as I opened the door and my mom peeked out of the living room. "Oh! Good you're here! I have to go to work again, an accident happened on the highway and I have to get there as soon as possible!" 

My mom worked for the newspaper now for almost 10 years and is doing an awesome job, a big job too.

She rushed past me, putting on her jacket and a big purse.

"I just wanted to wait until you arrive! See you, honey!" my mother patted my back and before I knew, her car already drove out of our street.

"Ehm, bye umma." I chuckled and walked upstairs, seeing Janey lying on her bed, phoning with somebody.

Hm, maybe I should ask her about the tutor thingy...

"Janey?" I mumbled as I stunned my hands against the door frame, swinging forth and back again, and she looked at me annoyed yet amused. "Yeah?"

"Could you give me the number of you tutor, I need somebody who teaches me some math."

"Huh? Oh it's my sister, wait a second." she held her hand over the shell of the phone, "Number of my tutor? Too stupid for math again?" she teased me and I was really about to punch her right in the face.

I in- and exhaled, lightly tilting my head. "Could you just do me this favor...please...my dearest annoying sister?~"

Janey rolled her eyes and smiled into the phone. "Seonsaengnim? My sister wants to know if she gets some private lessons from you, she's also bad at math." She snickered and I walked towards her in a fast pace but she stopped me, talking to me again. "Hold your fist back, unnie. I'm gonna tell it umma."

"Just give me that goddamn phone, cockroach!" I demanded and wanted to grab her phone but Janey turned away. "Y-yah! My sister is getting violent! What should I do?!"

I sighed and sat down on ground, falling like a stone.

"Hmm...yeah. Sure...nope...No." she nodded and shook her head without saying anything.

"You know he can't see you right?" I raised an eyebrow funnily and she shook her hand my way. "Shut up, So Young!..."

 

They talked for about two minutes until they bid goodbye and hung up.

"You don't have babysitting tomorrow, right?" she asked me and I shook my head. "It's Wednesday."

"He then will come tomorrow." Janey beamed and I looked at her suspiciously. "Who's your tutor actually?"

"What if I tell you it's someone you know...?"

"Dongsaeng? Teasing is not good." I warned her and she put her phone onto her night stand. "Maybe...a boy you know~"

"Jan-"

"Like maybe...Kai." I gasped. I gasped so deeply I was afraid to breath in too much oxygen and she smiled. "Wouldn't this be awesome tomorrow?"

I stuttered. "N-n-no! W-wh...F-f-from where do you g-"

"Oh god, chill. My tutor's name is Kim Donghyun and he's around forty years old! I just wanted to see your reaction."

I exhaled. "Janey, seriously, don't ever dare to joke like this again..."

Janey and I might not seem like it but I told her what I feel towards Kai and she kept it a secret. We're quite good siblings towards each other. We just argue most of the time.

"So, tomorrow~?"

"Tomorrow at 5pm." she nodded, "He'll come here."

"Okay." I stood up, "I'm in my room, doing other assignments."

"Nerdy-Nerd." she murmured quietly but I heard it as I was about to leave her room. "What?"

"Just saying you're a noob in math."

"Janey!" I shouted, jumping over to her.

 

After school, when I arrived at home I received a message of Yuri, saying I should call her because something funny happened in class. We didn't see each other the entire day, so I quickly took my phone, dialing her number.

 

We talked for a long time, almost 2 hours and I sighed, as I did random things I always do when I'm phoning with people for longer then 5 minutes.

"And what will you do later on?" Yuri asked on the other line and I exhaled while falling down on my bed lastly. "I'll get private lessons by Janey's math tutor. I'm scared. It's a man, she said. What if he's a e and tries to me...? Janey will be upstairs in her room and I've to be with that pedo alone somewhere...what if he'll be pedo-ing around with me?!"

"And what if he's a nice man? Not all men are pedos."

"But most of them! Shall I call you later on?" I played with my hoodie's laces and Yuri hesitated. "Mmhm, yeah...But I don't know yet. Maybe I'll be out with Minho. Call me on my phone, okay? And I try to be home as soon as I can."

I nodded for myself. "Okay...does Seohyun knows Janey's tutor? I mean, she was also her tutor once...and you know her...Aigoo, I'm still super afraid of getting ."

"Calm down, Yangie ah! I think Minho said he knows him! I'll ask him, wait a second! I send him a message."

I heard Yuri punching into her phone.

Poor touch screen. I chuckled and the doorbell rang.

I took a quick look at the clock. Already 5? Wow.

"Okay, Yul. He's here, pray for me." I swallowed and Yuri laughed. "Okay, sure. Minho texted...'mehrong~ I won't tell you~' Aish, wae?!"

"Haha, well, then hear you later on, unnie!"

"Neh~"

We laughed and hung up.

Janey went downstairs when she noticed I didn't move a single muscle.

"Annyeong! How are you?" Janey asked the entering guest and I also made my way downstairs, making as much noise as I could by stamping with my feet like crazy.

"Aish, unnie, be more quiet, will you!" Janey spoke loudly and I looked up to the door. "I can make as much n-n-n-noi-"

More didn't come out of my mouth when I saw the man -no, young man giving my sister his jacket.

God

Are

You

Freaking

Kidding

Me?!

"You can just put off your shoes...just let them stand there," Janey beamed and went into the kitchen.

What the...?! Janey don't let me alone with him!

"Annyeong haseyo!" He bowed lightly and I so did I." A-annyeong, Jong In sshi."

Heck, that girl lied to me!

He chuckled. OH MY GOD! Kai, stop smiling like that!

"Just...Kai."

I gulped. "Ah~m, neh."

Holy, I don't know what to do! This is the most embarrassing moment ever! Just imagine you confessed to a boy, he rejected you and now you have to sit next to him for the next hour. But he's mature. I think he just forgot what stupid things I told him...

"Are you just going to stand around there? How rude can you get?"

I blinked.

I went down the last four steps when I heard Janey's voice and she shook her head, walking upstairs but I grabbed her wrist making her lean her ear against my mouth. "You little liar, you told me something else. Do you want to die later on?!"

"There's a word for that. Teasing my sister. Have fun." Janey tip-toed upstairs and I actually wanted to run after her,

but there was a super handsome guy in my house...

"By the way, Zelo's coming over later on! Could you open the door?" her head popped out from the corner that comes after the stairs and I nodded in silence. She smiled and disappeared again.

I looked at Kai who just peeked around a bit, when his gaze met mine. "Living room?"

"N-neh, living room." I nodded again and quickly looked away to hide my embarrassed face.

This might seem easy but it's freaking embarrassing to have your crush in your house without knowing it.

Kai followed me and I lightened up the room.

"Here?" He stood next to the dining table and I nodded hurriedly, getting something to write.

Kai sat down, leaned his head onto his palm and tapping with this fingertips against the table while looking around with big eyes that scanned everything.

Stop being so cute, I can't handle that!

I went back to Kai and sat down silently.

"Okay uhm, what don't you understand?"

I rubbed my head. "Ehm, eh...like, e-everything? Math's just...yeah, just...math."

"Good reason." He nodded bluntly, "Okay, let's start with the basics of that topic."

"N-neh..." I said for like, the hundredth time this day and tried to listen to what he said.

 

 

 

 

Well, that didn't work. His oh-so perfect shaped lips, amazingly beautiful face and flowing voice didn't let me actually.

I just couldn't stop thinking I didn't talk to him in any way except for that day I told him how I feel.

What I feel.

For him.

But he's a kingka, and his attitude shows he might just passed that confession.

"Got this first step?" He asked and I didn't even want to lie.

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't even know."

"Okay..." His slender fingers his hair back but some strands fell back onto his forehead, "Listen now...the first steps aren't easy, so just listen and just...just pay attention, alright?"

"Ahum..." I swallowed and inhaled.

Janey...I'm going to kill you...no matter what mom says. You won't wake up the next morning.

 

The bell rang after some time and I stood up, opening it.

"Hi noona!" Zelo hollered and I smiled at him.

Zelo and I became a bit closer. Sometimes when Janey wasn't home yet, he still came and we then talked a bit.

"Is she upstairs?" he asked and I nodded. "By the way, you forgot your hoodie last time. I told Janey where it is, just ask her."

"Thanks!" He gave me a cute eye smile and headed to her room.

I went back and sat down like before.

"Janey has a boyfriend?" Kai asked and I laid my right hand against my cheek, mumbling through gritted teeth. "Yes...math...now..."

"I didn't know....since when?"

"Math." I rubbed my cheek lightly and the living room turned into an uncomfortable silence.

I saw him writing down some mean Algebra equations.

I already sighed.

"Solve."

I shook my head. "I can't. Period. I'm too stupid for math."

Time for mental table-flipping.

"Solve as good as you can and then I'll look at it."

"That's the point. I don't even know how to start." Now I really was about to just throw the entire math things on the floor.

"Oh god! Janey even g-" He inhaled deeply, "Okay...I tell you what to do and you try to calculate...arasseo?"

"Yeah." Here we go.

 

 

 

 

 

my exact feel when i see a new subbie/new subbies after an update and even long time after that:

GUYS BUT COMMENT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AM I THAT FUGLY TO IGNORE? *fugly cries once again, like always*

btw, lol,

aardbei alrdy guessed it was kai in the fourth chappy

 

 

how in the world?~

my fic's really obvious, right? :DD