Letter

Namja Chingu Saranghaeyo!!

Someone's P.O.V.

Well, I guess this is it then. I closed the envelope, kissed it once then placed it down gently on the floor outside the kitchen where the two of them were.

"Goodbye Hyemi, and good luck. I'll be leaving first then." I said quietly as I walked away from looking through the gap in the door, saying goodbye to her beautiful face.

 

Your P.O.V.

After a few minutes you asked Minwoo to go back with you. When you opened the door there was an envelope on the floor. You picked it up curiously and flipped it over.

"To: Hyemi"

You blinked once, recognising the hand-writing.

Minwoo looked over your shoulder. "Ouu! It's to you!" he said, surprised.

You took a deep breath and stepped away from Minwoo, opening the envelope with a heavy heart

You still hadn't told Key oppa you were sorry for ditching him last weekend in person yet. Only a few simple texts.

You unfolded the letter and read the lines with your heart

 

"Annyeong Hyemi! How are you? Good right? I knew it.

Actually I knew it all along.

Because as time has gone by... I could see that you haven't changed. But at the same time you have. You're still the short, cute, smart and cheerful Hyemi I knew 4 years ago, only now... your heart doesn't belong to me anymore.

I saw that a while ago, I just didn't want to admit it. I thought I could still hold onto you.

But I guess, that was just me and my stupid dreams, right?

I don't mean to make you upset. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for coming as well. Maybe if I didn't come you would be less troubled, but forgive me. Even if I couldn't get you back, I still needed to come back and visit, to make sure you were okay.

And now I can leave satisfied, because I know you are doing just fine... with the new lively friends around you, I know you'll enjoy your time with them.

Don't forget to take care. I wish you the best.... and please accept Minwoo when he finally confesses to you. He's the one and only person I'll let protect you besides me.

And don't forget if you ever need me I'm just a phonecall away.

I love you. As a friend. As a dongsaeng. As my cute first crush.

Yeah. You were my first crush.

I used to always sneak over to your classroom and peek in through the door just to watch you. That's why you used to always see me all the time in detention. Do you remember? The time we first talked to eachother? I was all covered in dust from cleaning the blackboard dusters out the window when you walked past and offered your help. Ever since then I knew you were someone that I would be happy to get detention everyday for. Someone I wanted to treat well. So I befriended you and tried to get to know you more. As time passed I wanted to be your protector, your boyfriend And lucky me, I had two years to do so. I know I didn't do well, or my best either. I hope you can forgive me once again.

I'm leaving you now to go back, I actually had to go back to the group ages ago. I just didn't want to, you understand.

But now you have Minwoo, and Boyfriend and Suzy. They're all really nice people and you're lucky to have them.

Just promise me one thing... you'll remember this:

"Our love isn't said because it doesn't need to be. As long as you and I know it, feel it, it's there."

Goodbye Hyemi, I'll miss you.

Ppyong.

From: Key oppa."

You covered your mouth and took deep breaths as tears gradually came down your eyes. As soon as you finished reading the letter you turned your head left and right, then ran down the corridor. He could have gone far.

"H-Hyemi-ah!" Minwoo called after you but you didn't respond to him. You ran as fast as you could out of the corridor, pushing the door wide open. You stopped for a second or two and frantically looked around, you still couldn't see him. A bus opposite the street just left the stop opposite the school gate. You lifted your head and looked at it, when you spotted him. He just sat down at the back seat of the bus. Your eyes widened and you ran after him. Lucky there were no more cars around so you chased the bus down the road.

"Oppa!! Don't go!! Please!!" you screamed when he noticed you. His face turned concerned and he shook his head at you. But you didn't listen, you kept on running, calling to him.

"OPPA!! PLEAAASEE!!" tears wouldn't stop as your feet started aching and the bus was getting further and further away from you

A few seconds later Key oppa stood up, slowly lifted up his right hand, and silently waved to you. His expression was almost plain and he didn't smile. He just waved and with that you stopped.

 

Flashback.

"Oppa, don't go! It's still early!" you tugged on his long-sleeve shirt and he puffed up his cheeks.

"Huhu~ eotteohke (what do to), oppa has to go back early though, otherwise my eomma will be angry." he put his hands on your cheeks as you looked down

Then he made a cheeky thinking expression before looking back at you and smiling

"Ah! Hyemi-ah!" he took one hand off your cheek and waved, smiling  brightly

You looked at him weirdly

"Mwo...ya?" you blinked

"I'm waving to you, can't you tell?"

"Of course, but why?"

"Just remember, everytime I wave like this to you, I'm telling you not to worry about anything, because I will see you tomorrow. You know a goodbye only welcomes another hello, so a wave from me represents a goodbye and hello, which means we will never separate, even if we are not together. Hee." he giggled and you hugged him tightly as he finished his words, nodding

"Arasseo oppa, take care and good night."

"Mmm, you too." he put down his hand and hugged you back

After you broke the hug and Key was about to leave you called out to him again.

"Oppa!" you called cheerfully and he turned his head back

You waved happily. "I'll remember this, gomawo. Saranghae." you said before you ran off, jumping

Key chuckled and made his way home

End of flashback

 

You blinked once as you saw his gentle yet sad wave.

"Oppa..." you mumbled to yourself as you watched him leave.

After you stopped he finally smiled at you, and you forced a smile back, before screaming one last time.

"OPPA!!! GOMAWOOO!!" you screamed your lungs out and he nodded, putting his hand down and changing it into a thumbs up. You smiled as tears still fell, but you knew a few of them were tears of happiness. Happiness of your lovely past. You don't regret one second of it, and you're thankful to Key for giving you that lovely time, for being there with you, for spending every single second of it with you.

The bus went down the road until you couldn't see it anymore. You waved it off and walked slowly back to school along the footpath. After a few minutes a body stopped infront of you, you lifted your wet face to see a sweating boy.

"Hyemi-ah!!" he said, he always says that. You blinked once and looked at him in the eyes. This boy standing in front of you... was your future? Could he be? Who knows...

"Oppa." you quickly cleared your croaky throat after you spoke, rubbing your neck

"Wae? Did you cry? Are you okay? Did you.... see him?" he asked as he felt your face

You looked at him seriously for a second then nodded, a smile forming on your face.

"We said goodbye. It's ok. It's not like we're separating for forever. Let's go back oppa, I want to see Suzy and Youngmin oppa." you said and he nodded, walking beside you

"I forgot to tell him something..." you heard Minwoo mumble

"What?"

"Huh? Uh nothing, hehe." he smiled cheekily and you just shook it off

Your footsteps slowed down as you became deep in thought again, when you suddenly felt a pull on your hand

"Hey! At the pace you're going at we're going to take hours just to get back to school. Come on!" Minwoo slipped his hand into yours and pulled you into a small run back to school

You smiled unknowingly at the young boy infront of you, pulling you into something new in life. Every step you both took felt like he was leading you into a new start for life. Maybe that new start included love, you didn't know. You just knew you didn't want him to let go.