Bumie's fears

In Love With the Wrong One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

      To Kibum, hours felt like minutes as he spent them with Nam Jonghyun. Looking at his joyful eyes while talking, hearing his voice sound only centimeters away, feeling his gentle touch on his back or even in his palm when he held his hand as if it was something they always did felt like semi-heaven to him. And when their slow, nearly two hours lasting tour ended, Key was almost ashamed of himself because he didn’t pay attention to none of the photos Hyun shoved him. It was just that he was too busy admiring him, not his work.

      And the funny thing was that, Nam Jonghyun was aware of it all. He knew his friend didn’t even look at most of the pictures, that all he did was to enjoy his company. That was why Hyun took slow and incredibly small steps as they talked, why he stayed on each photo for more than four minutes, talking about something completely different than the story behind it. He wanted to prolong their walk too, that’s why it took so long for them to take a tour of the gallery, instead during like, fifteen minutes.

      The older took each nod, each word, each smile from Kibum and hid them deep within, just like everything else about his buddy.

 

 

Why does it feel like ‘buddy’ is too weak when it comes to Bumie, author-sshi?

He doesn’t feel like ‘just a friend’, yet he’s not something more than that, either.

It’s strange… isn’t it?

 

 

“So, Key-goon” Jonghyun started, “Are you tired? Should I send you home?”

“First, don’t call me like that, I hate it.” Kibum stated, his diva attitude coming out of nowhere. “Second, I’m not some chick to send home when you’re tired of her.”

“Jesus I was just being polite!” Hyun said, putting his arm over his shoulders without any hesitation or embarrassment. That guy did really love skinship!

“Besides, I’ve heard my namesake calling you like that the other night, so I thought you like ‘Key-goon’!”

“That’s exactly why I hate it.” the younger sighed. “That smurf, he’s the only one who calls me this way and it annoys me so much!”

“He doesn’t sound like teasing you, though.”

“He’s too stupid to realize it.”

“So why did you fall for such a fool?”

“Is this really a question? Being an individual who happens to like the both genders, you are still asking me for reasons to love someone?”

“Wow that was like a punch straight in the face!” Jonghyun cried out playfully, pinching the other’s cheek in which Key felt like his inner organs were tangling up in a ball. He wanted to beat him back, to nag him all over about being slobbery like Gyuri, to get him the off himself but somehow, his heart wasn’t listening to his brain. “You’re right Bumie, we can’t find reasons why we fall in love, we just do.”

 

 

Yes Hyun, we just do.

 

 

“You sound so pathetic when you try to talk about love, you pabo!” Key nagged, successfully slipping off his grip.

“Maybe I am pathetic when it comes to love, Kibum.” he whispered, almost audible. Then he got his lost-for-a-moment smile back and looked up at Key. “How about getting something to drink and continue our talk elsewhere? There’s a place I want to show you.”

“What about the exhibition and your sister?”

“The night is already over, Bumie, do you see any other people except us?” Hyun asked, noticing how he looked around and blushed as he realized the truth.

 

 

How did that even happen?

Where was I while everybody left, for God’s sake?

 

 

“What’s the clock?” Kibum asked, still searching for other souls.

“Almost midnight.” Hyun answered, chuckling. “Are you sure about me not sending you home? Don’t you idols have ‘bed time’ or something?”

“I’m not a five year old, Hyun.” Key snapped, mentally trying to get the normal color of his cheeks back by calming himself down. “Now let’s get a coffee and go to the place you want to show me.”

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 

“So, what do you think?”

“OH MY GOD HOW HIGH ARE WE?!?” Kibum shouted behind his friend, shifting his gaze around non-stop.

“The building itself has 35 floors and this is the rooftop, so… yeah, it’s pretty high.” Hyun said and took a deep breath. “It’s nice up here, right? Even the air is different.” he breathed out, without noticing Key’s change of mood.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter