Shivers

In Love With the Wrong One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I might have agreed to come, but there’s no way I’ll wear a freaking suit, Gyuri!” Nam Jonghyun objected, seeing what his sister was about to hand him. “You know I hate them!”

“But I bought it only-”

“No buts! I chose what I wear or you just go alone!”

“Promise to choose something nice, then!” Gyuri sighed, throwing the pretty expensive suit on his bed as he opened his wardrobe. “The people we’ll meet are really fashionable, you shouldn’t embarrass me and yourself, okay?”

“When did Nam Jonghyun have a bad taste for clothing, huh?” he questioned ironically, getting his newest black jeans and v-neck shirt he bought from Italy and turned to her. “Add my favorite watch, one of those black, round earrings and that necklace with the Phoenix pendant to the whole picture, too.” he told her, holding the clothes in front of him. “See- simple and stylish. Don’t you think it’d be better than a suit?”

“Aishhh, okay! You win!” Gyu replied, agreeing with him. She knew that he would look great with those. “You’re the CEO of a fashion magazine, not me anyways.”

“That’s what I’m saying, too!” Hyun giggled, changing without being bothered by her presence. “So, who are those friends of yours? Do I know them?”

“That’s a surprise! You’ll see when we get to their apartment. Besides, you would never believe me if I tell you who they are.”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“Just because…”

“Are they famous or something?”

“Can’t tell ya~”

“Tell me at least their gender! Girls?”

“Nope, boys.” She replied, getting out of his room to avoid any more questions. “Just get ready faster and let’s go. We’re already late!” Gyu said with a serious tone, but inside she was spazzing like a crazy fangirl.

 

 

I’ll finally make them meet!

KYAAAAAAAA~ THE TIME HAS COME!

 

 

_____________________________________

 

 

      That evening Nam Jonghyun was quite annoyed by his sister, who kept blabbing nonsense all the time she drove to somewhere unknown for him. Normally this side of her would always be entertaining, but now, when he still felt bitter about his Bumie’s treason, all he wanted to do was to shut her up and get back home. He wanted to rest, to eat unhealthy food and distract himself by watching a movie, listening to music or reading; even work, he thought, would be fine if he could escape from this situation. He still felt like he was betrayed by his anonymous friend, even though he knew that practically he never promised him to come. He felt hurt. And disappointed. He didn’t want to admit that, but it was the truth. That’s why he told Gyu about it halfheartedly, skipping the details which were more important to him. Maybe that’s why she was still unable to understand her brother’s real feelings.

      So somehow Hyun didn’t get even one word of her never ending speech, he felt like he had a pair of invisible headphones that kept her voice far from his ears. What he did notice though, was how she got more nervous with each step they made to her friends’ apartment.

 

“So that’s it?” he asked, when Gyu stopped in front of a coffee brown, thick looking door. “Should I ring the bell?”

“No, wait!” Gyu replied, immediately catching his hand that was on it’s way to press the small button. “Let me go through one last check!”

“What?”

“Okay, so clothes are nice and clean, accessories are fine, too…” Gyu whispered more to herself, brushing off his shoulder some imaginary dust. “Your hair is fine, and luckily you don’t have any pimples on your face. I love this perfume, by the way, it smells so manly! Aigoo, my handsome oppa!” she squalled happily. “Now breath!” Gyuri said a second later, getting her nose closer to his face.

“Gyu what the hell are you talking about?” he asked, shifting the small gift they prepared (a big box of expensive chocolates) from one hand to another.

“Breathe out. From your mouth, I mean.”

“Why the heck?”

“So I can know if your breath stinks and give you a gum, of course!” she replied, still waiting.

“Jieun is right, you’re just insane.” he sighed, giving her what she wanted. “I brushed my teeth before coming, you crazy!”

“Don’t use that name around me!” she hissed, finally backing away from him. She basically hated her for being so close to him! Why would he even remind her about that woman?!  Whatever, she thought, I have important work to do. “You can ring the doorbell now.”

 

      Nam Jonghyun felt slight goosebumps as he touched the small button.

 

Ohh, that was strange.

My sixth sense is trying to tell me something.

Let’s see where it goes.

 

 

      The waiting siblings were surprised to hear a clear and high-pitched “Onew hyung, get the hell out of your shell that instant!” and looked at each other with questioning eyes.

“This door is sure not as thick as I thought it would be.” Nam Jonghyun commented, “And isn’t a member of the group you like called Onew, too?”

“That was the surprise, actually!” Gyu said obviously super exited as the door slowly opened in front of them. “They’re not just ordinary friends, they are-”

“Wait, are we supposed to say our SHINee greeting?” a voice interrupted her, drawing their attention back to the door.

 

      And there were they, the five boys whom Hyunie knew well thanks to his sister's crazy fangirling. There was a brief second where his brain had to process the new, truly surprising information and slip a big “wow” from his mouth, but it went off quickly due to the noise which Gyuri and that short, funny looking guy made. But…

 

Woooh, second of shivers.

Get ready for action, Nam Jonghyun.

 

“Good evening everyone~” Gyuri greeted smiling, as she took a step forward.

“Gyuuu~~” Kim Jonghyun sang, just like he always did when he saw her. Then, he saw her brother.

“Wait, this giant is your oppa?!” he hissed secretly, while his namesake was looking elsewhere.

“Huh? What?”

“That manly giraffe is your brother?!”

“Why are you so stressed up all of a sudden?!” Gyu hissed back, which thankfully wasn’t noticed by the others.

“Welcome to our house, Gyu noona and her oppa!” Taemin said cheeringly, waving his hand to them.

“An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter