FanFic

Night Time Jitters

 

The club lights shined violent flashes of neon greens, blues, and reds. In the center of the light show, sweaty bodies pressed close together with one another, dancing and cheering to the techno beats blasting over the speakers. It was a chaotic mess of grinding and a performance of real skill, but it didn't matter if you could dance or not. If you had feet to move and ears to hear the music, you were just like everyone else.

A single brunette DJ stood out amidst the changing lights and crowded floor. Her fingers glided over the different knobs while his other hand held headphones up to her ears so she might hear the masterpiece everyone was eating up on her stage.

Not too far away from the entertainment sat a group of boys at a booth on the second floor, watching with amused expressions as the night life of Seoul city went wild.

"Dude, this place is packed!" Xiumin laughed, leaning back in the leather and looking over the edge of the railing.

"What did you expect? This is the ‘it’ club to be!" Chen chuckled.

"I will buy you as many drinks as you want if you never say that again."

"Oh come on, I'm just having a little fun! Why are there so many people here anyways?"

"Cause of the DJ, why else?" Luhan snorted, giving him a light glare before grabbing a drink off the platter a girl in a very tight dress offered him, "I hear Amber is the best of her profession."

"Yo maknae, are you alright?" Xiumin asked, eyeing the raven haired boy sitting across from him.

Tao jumped at the mention of his name and gave a small smile, "I'm fine hyung. I just... Feel like I'm being watched."

"About time you noticed," Luhan smirked and leaned forward, nodding his head in the direction of the bar, "The tallest guy over there has been eyeing you the whole time."

Tao looked at him surprised and scanned the area. His eyes locked with a boy who had dirty blonde hair, spiked up at the moment, and a sharp jaw line with high cheek bones. He really was the tallest one there, his height is what made him stand out, if his good looks weren't enough. His gaze never faltered even when he was caught.

Tao felt his cheeks heat up and quickly turned away, giving Luhan a desperate look, "What do I do?"

"Right now? Nothing. Wait for him to take action since he's obviously interested."

"B-but what if he comes over?"

Luhan smirked, "Then we'll see how it plays out."

--

Kris's body shuttered when the boy looked over in his direction and made eye contact. His glare was seductive and gave Kris a feeling that he was a 'hard-to-get' kind of guy. His obsidian black hair hung loosely over his eyes and made him look dark and nearly unattainable.

As Kris was drinking in the y sight, the boy looked away uninterestedly and continued talking with his baby faced friend. He tsked and grabbed a drink off the bar counter, ignoring the look his own friend gave him.

"You should slow down with the drinks," Lay chuckled, grabbing the glass from his hand.

"It's only my second one, besides I can handle my alcohol," Kris replied nonchalantly, his gaze still fixed on the guy.

"It's not that I'm worried about. If you drink too much you'll have to piss, then you'll miss your window of opportunity."

"'Window of opportunity?'"

"Oh come on, you've been undressing the kid over there with your eyes for the past ten minutes."

He shrugged, "He's exactly my type."

"He's a lot of people's type," Lay snickered, motioning to a group of girls eyeing his table.

Kris clenched his jaw and pushed himself from the counter, "I'm gonna go."

"What? You're really gonna hit on a complete stranger?"

"Everyone starts out as a stranger, you just need the right ice breaker."

He rolled his eyes and patted the elder's arm, "Go get him dragon."

--

"Wow, that didn't take him very long," Chen commented, watching as the guy checking Tao out started walking closer.

"Alright guys, now we scram," Luhan announced, standing up and making his way out of the booth. Tao made a move to follow, but Xiumin put a hand on his chest and pushed him back.

"What-"

"You're staying here."

His eyes widened, "No, I don't want to-"

"Well you are. That hottie is coming over here for one reason. That reasonshould at least reward him for his flattery."

"Hyung, you can't leave me here alone! I don't know what to do!"

"You don't do anything," Luhan grinned and grabbed Xiumin's arm, pulling him away, "Have fun."

Tao sat frozen as his friends left him; he stared blankly at the table and hoped the guy watching him was leaving somewhere to go pee or something.

"Can I sit with you?" a deep voice filtered through the upbeat music and made its way to Tao's ears. He looked up and saw the same pair of dark brown eyes from across the room; he shivered from the intensity of the stare and nodded. Kris smirked as sat down beside him, leaning a little closer than necessary, "Never seen you here before."

"I've never been here before," the boy’s voice was husky, but light at certain pronunciations. Kris smiled, he was getting a response.

"I figured, I'd remember a face like yours,” The boy didn't respond and let his eyes wander around the room, "What's your name?"

"Tao."

"Tao... I like it. You can call me Kris."

He nodded slowly, but still avoided eye contact. Kris sighed inwardly and leaned forward, gently grabbing Tao's chin and tilting his face towards himself, "I'm right here."

"I know," Tao's face remained blank, but if only Kris knew that he was mentally freaking out.

"Huh," he clicked his tongue and slowly released the boy, "I'm not gonna lie, you seem rather interesting."

"You don't."

"Ouch, that hurts."

"The truth is always painful," Tao gave him a cat like grin and stood up.

Kris reached out and grabbed his arm, "And where do you think you're going?"

In all honesty, Tao had no idea where he was going. In fact, he had no idea what he was even doing, but with this new found confidence he had, he felt like he could do anything. Kris was interested in him after all, and if he wanted to keep him interested then he wasn't simply going to submit to that low pur of a voice he used.

Tao scanned the room, looking for an excuse, "I'm going to look for something better to do."

"Oh well in that case," he stood up with him and wrapped a hand around his waist, sliding his thumb down the waistband of his pants, "I can think of several more entertaining things two people can do."

"Well that stinks, I need a second person."

"And what makes you think I'm not included?"

"Why would you be?" Tao smirked and leaned back against the taller's chest and whispered in his ear, "You're boring."

"Is that a challenge?"

"If you want to think of it that way-"

"Which I do," Kris spun Tao around and pushed him back on the seat. He hovered over him, using his height to the advantage and stated down into his dark orbs, "I should warn you, I'm a very competitive person."

"Well what are you waiting for?" Tao egged him on, a teasing smile playing on his lips.

"I just think I need a little motivation-" Kris was cut off when Tao leaned up and connected their lips. Before Kris could process what happened, the younger had pulled away.

"Is that 'motivation' enough for you?" Kris stared at him blankly, then leaned in for another kiss. Tao, however, leaned back at the same time, taking in the glare the latter gave him, "I'm not one to put on thistype of show for others."

Kris smirked and leaned down towards his ear, "Good, because I'm not one who's good at sharing."

He grabbed Tao's and pulled him out of the booth. Keeping the raven haired boy close, he guided him down the stairs and through the mess of people. The ground floor of the club was chaotic and nearly impossible to navigate, but Kris saw over the heads of the party goers and was at the bathroom in no time. He pushed Tao inside and locked the door behind him. He then shoved the boy against the wall and pinned his arms by his head, "Now... Where should I start?"

--

"... Huang ZiTao, what are you doing?"

Tao slammed the laptop shut and shoved it as far across then bed as he could. He

rolled into his back and looked at the duizhang standing in the door, giving Tao a look a parent would give their child if they did something bad.

"N-nothing ge. Just reading some fan emails," Tao smiled nervously.

"That didn't look like an email," Kris stepped inside and walked over to the laptop. Tao's eyes widened and he lunged across the bed, attempting to grab it before the latter could. However, he was too slow and Kris sat down as he opened it. His eyes scanned the contents and he looked at Tao blankly. The maknae was so embarrassed that he crawled under the covers and huddled himself into a ball.

"This is a fanfic..."

"I know..."

"It's a Taoris fanfic..."

"I know- wait," Tao sat up slowly and grinned at the elder, "How do you know the pairing name?"

Kris stiffened, "I just do. We all do-"

"But this fic pairing-"

"I just read-"

"You can't read that fast ge! I know you!"

Kris sighed, "Did you get this in an email from a fan named Marissa or something?"

"Yeah, an international one."

"I got the same email earlier today. I only read the beginning before closing out of it."

Tao's eyes widened, "Oh yeah! I forgot you were fluent in English!"

"Ah huh, now go to bed kung fu panda, we got a schedule tomorrow."

Tao nodded and slid back under the covers as Kris walked to the door. He turned off the lights and was about to close the door when the maknae called after him, "Ge?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me translate it? I don't get most of the words."

"Yeah, later."

"Wait, one more thing," Kris stopped again and stared at him expectantly, "What's a top and a bottom in 'Taoris'?"

Kris was silent for a long time after that question. Tao felt like he had offended him in some way. Before he could apologize, Kris let out a long sigh.

"Next time," and he closed the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, this isn't from me not sleeping, this is me not being able to leave my uncles house.... who had no internet ;A;

image

think of this as the stare tao gave Kris back... js