Kids

Night Time Jitters

 

“Adjusshi, have you ever killed someone before?”

Tao’s eyes widened with the sudden question. He looked down and saw a little boy, around the age of 4, with black bowl cut hair and wide curious eyes staring intently at him.

Kris was still getting over his virus and couldn’t do any performances for the time being. The managers were afraid that Tao was getting sick too, even though the boy only complained of a headache once, and decided not to risk anything. The two, being bored locked up in their hotel room, then agreed to go to the grocery store and buy some food for the other members when they came back.

And that is how Tao found himself in the canned soup section, being accused of murder in the first degree by a small child who probably couldn’t tie their shoes.

“W-what makes you say that? And I’m not an adjusshi, I’m your hyung,” Tao pouted.

The boy cringed, “You shouldn’t do that adjusshi, playing innocent won’t get you anywhere.”

“I am innocent! I didn’t do anything!”

“Then why do you look guilty?”

Tao was confused out of his mind, “Guilty? But I have nothing to feel guilty for…” he trailed off when he remembered  that even though Kris warned him not to take pictures of him sleeping, he did it anyways.

“Suuure,” he took a step back, “You’re funny adjusshi, even if you’re scary.”

“I would never-”

“Ah!” The boy flinched when the EXOM maknae reached his hand out to ruffle his hair. Tao froze as the boy squeezed his eye shut, “Too close Adjusshi!”

The kid his heel and sprinted, waddling slightly with his little legs as he ran to his friend on the other end of the isle. Tao watched him go stunned. He felt hurt, was he really that scary looking? Kris walked over seconds later and patted Tao’s shoulder.

“ZiTao, should we get spicy or… are you okay?” he asked, noticing his depressed mood.

“Am I really that scary ge?” Tao asked, looking up and giving the leader unintentional aegyo.

Kris gulped dryly, “No, of course not. What makes you think that?”

“A little boy said so.”

“And you believed him?”

“Kai always said little kids usually tell the truth…”

“Kai also said that if you don’t hold your breath while going under a bridge it’ll collapse on you,” Kris sighed and set the products he was holding on a nearby shelf, “Kid’s like to mess around, both with adults and people their own age. Don’t take anything hurtful they say to heart.”

“Yes ge,” Tao nodded slowly and Kris smiled.

He ruffled his hair and pointed at the packages on the shelf, “Now, spicy or mild?”

“Spicy.”

“Alright,” Kris grabbed the package just as the boy from earlier, along with his friend, ran back over.

“Hey Adjusshi! Can you look here for a minute?”

“Ignore him,” Kris mumbled under his breath. Tao nodded and trailed behind the taller male as they did more of their shopping. The two kids pouted and continued to follow them.

“Adjusshi! Look here! Come on adjusshi, I want you to meet my friend! Adjusshi!”

Tao let out a frustrated sigh and stopped walking. He slowly turned around and tried his best not to glare at the kids, but he was still pretty upset, “What?”

The two kids took a step back and stared wide eyed at him. Then, the boy’s friend spoke, “Jongsoon-ah, that’s not a serial killer.”

“Then what would you say he is?!”

He slowly lifted one of his small arms up and pointed at him, “He’s on my comic book!”

“What?!”

“Yeah yeah!” the little boy was getting excited and walked a little closer to him, bowing slightly, “Mianhae for my friend’s dumbness! He doesn’t understand how awesome you are!”

Tao was surprised with the sudden compliment, and didn’t know how to respond. He didn’t have to, however, because Kris came up and stood beside him, “What did I tell you? Just ignore the kids-”

“Ah! And it’s his him!”

“Who?! Who?!” the black haired boy, Jongsoon, asked, tugging on his arm.

“I don’t know their names-”

“But Kangwoo! They’re in your comic book!”

“I can’t read the words! I just look at the pictures, and these two are super heroes! They’re so daebak!”

“Kris! They think we’re cool!” Tao beamed at him.

“What? Tao, they think were fictional characters.”

“Don’t spoil their fun ge,” he frowned.

The Kyungsoo boy got a little braver and walked closer to Tao, tugging on his pant leg, “Hey adjusshi, can you show us some moves!?”

“Sure,” Tao smiled as the kids high fived and took a few steps back. He let out a deep breath and positioned himself to do a back flip. Before he could move though, Kris grabbed his wrist and glared at him.

“We’re in the middle of a grocery store, you are not doing any tricks here.”

“But Ge-”

“No,” Kris turned back to the kids and forced a smile, “Sorry kids, maybe next time.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A really short one cause i typed this on my itouch. 

tumblr_m2wjt6NpOq1r4vwpko2_250.gif   tumblr_m3mwlomVhW1qa7hkfo1_250.gif

i love BR 1&2 so much.... tatsuyaaaa ;A;