What's So Good About Being 'Top'?

Night Time Jitters

 

"What's so special about a 'top' anyways?" Tao huffed, playing with his bowl of cereal. Luhan choked on the spoonful he had in his mouth while Kris continued to drink his coffee.

That morning had been quite stressful for the EXO-M boys. Due to some schedule mix ups, the manager had overbooked a high amount of work for three members while leaving barely anything for the others. However, he didn't realize his mistake until he double checked them before they were suppose to leave, so Tao, Kris, and Luhan had the opportunity to relax.

Since the three were already wide awake with the other members, they decided to make themselves a proper breakfast and just laze around in their pjs for the day.

"Luhan, breathe," Kris frowned, noticing the elder boy hadn't stopped coughing for quite a while.

"T-top? Tao what on earth are you talking about?" Luhan stuttered, clearing his throat before staring wide eyed at the younger boy.

Tao gave him a confused look, "In Taoris, Kris said he was the top... But I don't see why and what's so great about it."

Luhan slowly turned his head to the leader, who pretended like he didn't hear anything, "You didn't give him the talk yet?!"

"I'm not his dad."

"You're the leader!"

"So?"

"Duizhang~" Luhan whined, pouting slightly towards the taller male.

Kris smirked and pulled his phone out as a distraction from the cute boy, "I spared you once with the soup, but that look won't work twice on me."

"Uh... What talk?" Tao asked, eyeing the two with a confused expression.

"Leaving me to clean up your problem; that’s not cool," Luhan mumbled under his breath and turned to Tao, "You see Tao, at a certain point of idol bands careers fan girls begin forming OTP's."

"Oh I know. Ge and I are 'Taoris'."

"... Do you know what an OTP is?"

Tao shrugged and leaned back in his seat, "Not really. I did read a fic and it seemed like we were a couple-"

"You already read a fanfic?!"

"... Is that bad?"

"A fan sent it to him, it's not like he purposely looked for it," Kris came to his defense, "I already about it."

"Yeah but knowing you, your 'teasing' is probably just an I-saw-what-you-did-there look. You're too easy on the maknae."

"Oh? Then the next time we're in Korea I'll tease you and Sehun with-"

"Point taken," Luhan quickly dismissed the subject, a light shade of pink rising to his cheeks.

"My question still wasn't answered," the maknae mumbled.

"You had a question?"

Tao rolled his eyes and threw his hands up, "What's so great about being a top!?"

"Before I explain that, we need to clear something up," Luhan got comfortable in his chair again and pointed at the boy, "You're right about the couple thing. In a pairing with two males, like you and this pain in the -"

"Language," Kris cut in.

"-there is a top and a bottom. A top is basically the male and the bottom is female. Get it?"

"... So... Ge is the man... And I'm the girl?"

"Yeah, the top usually goes to the manliest person of the pair. The one that would seem like the dominant guy in the relationship."

"So there's no hope for Luhan topping... Ever," The leader snickered, dodging the spoon the elder boy chucked at him.

Tao coughed, "Yah! You can't be the top!"

"Why not?"

"’Cause I'm manlier!"

"In what way?"

"I know martial arts; I can take you down in ten seconds flat."

"Sure you can."

"I'd like to see that," Luhan chuckled, but his laughter grew louder when Tao stood up from his seat. Kris instantly jumped from his and circled around the table whenever the maknae took a step towards him.

"We are not testing that!" he quickly stated, glaring at the laughing ‘deer’.

"Then do you admit I should be top?"

"No. Besides I don't make up the rules, the fans do."

"I'm sure there are a couple of people who think you'd make a good top," Luhan smiled, trying to comfort the dejected boy.

"Try one out of ever hundred."

"Kris!"

"Stay back!"

Luhan watched with mild amusement as they moved their chase to the living room. Kris jumped over the couch, grabbing a pillow as he did so. Tao was quick to follow suit, but before he could grab him a pillow was thrown in his face. Kris let out a victorious 'Ha!' and found refuge on one side of the coffee table.

Tao rubbed his nose as he picked up the pillow and glared at the taller man in front of him. Kris glared back and Luhan stood in the kitchen doorway with his phone in his hands.

"I am defiantly showing the boys when they get home," he smirked, "Just some background information! Tao wants to catch the leader to prove dominance, while Kris is running for his life and his pride."

"You shouldn't be recording! You should be helping me!" Kris snapped, ducking back when Tao jumped over the coffee table and reached out to grab the man.

Kris slid left and took off down the hallway. He ran inside his room and attempted to close the door, but Tao stuck his foot in the way, preventing him from doing so.

"Are you an idiot?! Don't hurt yourself! Give up now while you can!"

"I'm not weak duizhang!" Tao yelled back, applying the same force, maybe even more, on the other side of the door.

Kris was struggling to keep it closed. He knew that if he stood there any longer, the wood would either break or Tao would over power him. He looked around his room and saw the glass slider to the balcony slightly open. The balcony connected to Luhan and Lay's room, the only room in the dorm with a lock.

If he could get there, he could lock Tao on outside and lock the door on the inside before he had time to run around. Yup, that seemed like a good plan.

Kris released the door and ran across the room, feeling a shot of adrenaline run through his lean body at the sound of the wood slamming against the wall. He almost made it outside, but right before he reached the slider he slipped on one of Jongdae’s under shirts and fell on the floor.

Tao jumped on top of him and grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back, “Ha! I did it!”

“Ow! What the hell!? Do you normally use brute force on your girlfriend?!”

“What? Ge I’ve never-”

“This hurts! ZiTao, get off of me!”

“Damn it! I missed all the good parts! Ugh, why did Hyun Kyun have to call?!” Luhan whined, running into the room with a pout on his face. He saw Tao sitting on Kris’s back and smirked, “This is good I suppose.”

“Luhan!”

He sighed reluctantly, “Tao, being a top isn’t just about manliness, but being a gentleman as well… in some cases.”

“Gentleman don’t twist people’s arms behind their back!”

“Why am I the only one getting scolded?” Tao frowned as he released the leader’s arm. He got up just enough for the leader to roll on his back and quickly sat back down, straddling him. He grabbed his arms and pinned them on either side of his head, still pouting, “When we did that dance on extraordinary class, you tripped me!”

“You’re still mad about that? That was weeks ago!”

“Ge.”

Kris sighed, “I explained it there. You know martial arts so…”

While Tao was waiting for Kris to continue, the leader felt his grip on his wrists loosen. He yanked his hands free and shoved the maknae off of him. He fell backwards and the latter quickly crawled on top of him. He grabbed a tie that Jongdae had also left lying around and tied his wrists together.

Tao was too stunned with their sudden change of positions to act, and when he finally realized what was going on Kris was already sitting on him.

“I need to be faster,” he smirked and looked up at Luhan, “If you don’t delete that film, I won’t hesitate to hog tie you.”

“If you can catch me-” Luhan turned to leave, but ran into the door frame and fell on his . The phone slid from his hands and landed next to the other boys. Kris picked it up and scrolled through the videos, looking for the specific shot.

He felt Tao struggling under him and glanced down, “What?”

“Get off me!” he whined. Kris merely grabbed his hands and pinned it above his head, still looking through the phone. When he was satisfied, he slid it back across the ground to Luhan, who was rubbing his red nose.

“You ,” he frowned as he picked it up. Kris shrugged and waited for him to leave before turning his attention back to the maknae.

“Repeat after me; Kris is top.”

“No.”

Kris’s other hand s up the boy’s side and rested on his stomach, “That’s not what I’m looking for. Kris. Is. Top.”

Tao blushed but still shook his head. The leader sighed and then… started to tickle the boy. His eyes widened as laughter escaped his lips. His body lashed out to get him to stop, but all attempts were futile. Kris kept his smirk while he watched the boy suffer and stopped when he was on the verge of tears.

“O-Okay! Kris is top!”

“Good panda. Repeat this too; ‘I will never attempt to chase, catch, pin, or assault the leader to prove dominance which I clearly don’t have.’”

“What!? That’s not fair!”

“Say it.”

Tao sighed, “I will never attempt to chase, catch, pin, or assault the leader to prove dominance which I clearly do have but won’t use to make the duizhang happy.”

“Close enough,” Kris stood up and dusted his pants off. He fixed his crinkled shirt while he walked towards the door, but stopped when the maknae called his name.

“You forgot something,” he pouted once more, holding up his tied hands.

“I think you look better with that though,” Kris chuckled, motioning the boy to come closer so he could fix it. Tao glared slightly and stood up, holding his hands out for the leader to release as he got closer.

“Next time I’ll be the one tying you up,” he mumbled under his breath.

“Did you really forget when you agreed to?”

Tao watched the tie fall to the ground and rubbed his wrists, he looked up at the leader smiling and walked past him, “I remember, but you never said it couldn’t be out of ‘fun’.”

Kris’s eyes widened, “Yah! Huang ZiTao!”


God i am sooo embarrassed. I'm normally really good about checking for grammer or spelling mistakes, but recently i haven't. When i have more time ill go back and fix everything, please forgive me! I mean, i reread this chapter and found mistakes, but if there's any more... mianhae!

BTW, have you guys seen Extraordinary Class yet? You'll get some of the references i made to it in this chapter then. ^^ enjoy.

tumblr_m2awtpopdN1rn5161o1_500.gif

-couldn't find a taoris gif, so here's one of Dongwoo, the man that makes me sadistic whenever i see his crying face-