T.V.

Night Time Jitters

 

­­­­­­­­Tao stared at his ceiling for the third night in a row. Ever since the night he slept in Kris's room, he's been finding it harder and harder to sleep. Not because he still believed the ghosts were there, but just because he was never comfortable.

Tao also believed that he had gained supernatural powers since thatnight because he could hear every little noisehis room made. He could hear the clicking ticks his fan made every time the blades completed a full cycle; he could hear the bed springs whine as he shifted into different positions; he could even hear Luhan's distant humming, signaling when he was awake or asleep

Yes Tao heard everything, making his quest for sleep very difficult. The young maknae sat up and bed and looked around his dark room. There was one noise he couldn't identify and he believed that it was coming for the living room.

The boy swung his lean legs over the edge of the bed and shivered as his feet touched the cold floor. He stood up, swaying quite a bit and stumbled to his door. He opened it and peeked his head out, looking down the long hallway. The noise was louder there, and he could see a dim light flood in from the end.

Who's watching T.V this late? Tao closed the door quietly and made his way to the light source. He paused at the door frame and saw a movie playing on the screen. The couch was facing away from him, but he could make out the outline of a head.

Tao walked around the couch and saw the sleeping figure was none other than his duizhang. He gulped at the sight; Kris's head was tilted to the side, giving Tao full view of his peaceful face, prominent jaw lineand amazing neck. His long legs were stretched out and in his hand was the T.V. Remote.

Tao smiled and sat down next to him, careful not to disturb the sleeping figure. He slid the sleek remote from his hands and placed it on the table. The boy froze when he heard Kris murmur something and shift slightly. He waited a couple seconds and when there was no signs of the leader waking up he relaxed.

The maknae leaned back against the couch and watched T.V., occasionally stealing glances and the good looking sleeper next to him, So Kris-Ge couldn't sleep either... I noticed he seemed kinda tired at practice today, is he having the same problem as me?

While he was deep in thought, Kris had shifted again and his head started to fall to the side. The maknae jumped when he felt something hit his shoulder and stared wide eyed at the latter. Kris stirred a bit but remained asleep. Tao's mini heart attack died down and be sat there, stiff and staring, That can't be comfortable.

As if on cue, Kris's head moved again and slipped off his shoulder. Tao's fast reflexes kicked in and he caught it, gently placing it down on his lap. It was really a wonder how Kris slept so good; there could be an earthquake and he wouldn't even notice.

Tao sighed in relief and leaned back against the couch. The lack of sleep was really getting to him; he could feel his eyes droop with exhaustion and looked down. He picked up his hand and lazily traced over the outlines of Kris's face.

He started from his jaw line and went all the way to his chin. Then he gently his cheek while pushing some fallen strands of hair out of his face.

Duizhang is really too good looking,he thought,Has he always been like this?

Kris squirmed as Tao retracted his hand and slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a couple of times before making eye contact with the younger.

"Ta..o?" he asked, lifting his hand up and cupping one side of his cheek. Tao stated wide eyed at him, but nodded, "You... should be sleeping..."

"So should you," he grabbed the hand andgave it a light squeeze, "Go to bed Kris."

Kris didn't say anything. He stated at him a little while longer, then shifted over to where he was facing Tao's stomach and hugged his waist. The maknae yelped and looked down surprised. Kris nuzzled intros head closer and let out a sigh, muttering something that sounded like a 'good night.'

Tao sat there with a blush across his cheeks. His intimate action caught him completely off guard and he wiggled under his touch. Kris felt him move and tightened his grip slightly, forcing Tao to stop. The younger boy pouted and him, Was I this difficult when I was in his room? I bet this is revenge...

Tao shrugged and leaned back, letting his hand fall on the leader’s waist naturally. He looked up at the clock and read the time,3:29... ugh how am I suppose to sleep with Kris on my lap?

He looked back down and poked Kris’s cheek, “This is all your fault.”

A small smirk spread across his face and made Tao’s blush return with a slightly irritated look, All his fault.

--

The young maknae woke up to someone tapping his cheek lightly. He whined and turned his head, attempting to rub his eyes but found his arms trapped. He blinked a couple of times and looked up, finding his face literally an inch away from Kris’s.

He stared wide eyed, afraid to move, “Oh my god! Look at Tao’s face!” he heard someone laugh. Tao turned his head and saw Lay Xiumin laughing, then saw the type of position they were in. Kris, at one point in the night, had pulled Tao down with him and had his arms wrapped around his waist. It was a wonder how both their bodies managed to fit on that small couch, but Tao quickly realized its because of how close they were.

“Tao, if your face get’s any redder, you’ll explode,” Luhan said, kneeling down on the ground next to him.

“I’ll what!?”

“Not really,” Chen quickly cleared up, “but that’s what it looks like.”

“Anyways, we need to wake Kris up,” he continued, reaching over and grabbing the elder of the two’s hands, “I’m going to try and pry him off you. Do me a favor and push at the same time, okay?”

Tao nodded slowly and wiggled his hand sup to Kris’s chest. He placed them on their lightly, trying his best to ignore the comments his hyung’s made.

“Shut up!” Luhan snapped at them, “Alright, I’m gonna start… now!”

Luhan put his feet up against the couch to get better leverage as he pulled. Tao used all his strength to push the leader, and in one swift movement he fell. Kris rolled off the couch and landed on top of Luhan. The shorter ale grunted in impact and the three members on standby ran to his side, pulling the now wakening leader off him.

Tao watched as they clumsily pulled him to his feet and pushed him away to check on Luhan. Kris fell back on the couch and groaned, rubbing his eyes furiously. He squinted and looked around the room; then his eyes landed on Tao.

“What happened?” he asked with a yawn, scooting a little closer.

“Um… we were trying to wake you up.”

“Hmm,” Kris spread his arm out on the back of the couch, one arm conveniently wrapping around Tao’s shoulder, as he watched the four in front of him.

“Guys! I said I was fine!” Luhan snapped, shoving the three away. Then he turned to Kris, “Yah! Don’t act so innocent!”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Sure, but next time you decide to cuddle with Tao, do it in a way we can wake you up easier.”

Kris furrowed his eyebrows together and looked at the maknae, who was currently hiding his face from him, “Cuddle?”

“I-It’s nothing ge,” he stuttered. Kris hummed in response and stood up.

“Who wants breakfast?”

“Me!” Xiumin and Lay said in unison, glaring at each other as they raced to the kitchen. Kris rolled his eyes with a slight smirk, following them in with Luhan after.

“You did that on purpose, didn’t you?” Luhan smiled, looking back at Tao, who was patting his cheeks to make the red go away.

“What do you mean?”

“If you were really asleep, it would be a lot harder to pull you off.”

Kris shrugged, but couldn’t help smiling back, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, i decided (since i've beeen laving sleepless nights recently) i'll be typing Taoris oneshots whenever i can't sleep and post them whenever. Updates won't be frequent because it all depends on when i can't sleep... 

But yeah, this'll be a series of little one shots, not a complete fic  but still look forward to updates :P

tumblr_m42celeaNY1qb3k9to1_250.gif