Unknown Caller (short epilogue)

Night Time Jitters

Read the author's note at the bottom please

 


 

Yifan swallowed nervously. He was standing outside Tao's door with a rather heavy box in his hands and a rental truck parked outside with all of his belongings inside. 

He couldn't believe it. He was actually moving in with his boyfriend of five months. Some would say it was too soon to make such a bold move, but Yifan felt like he had known the boy for years. Hell, sometimes he felt like Tao knew him better than he knew himself.

The topic came up over dinner a week or two ago. Tao was complaining about the rent on his apartment, saying how it was too high for one person and that he never had any problems until his ex-boyfriend... Disappeared. The mood kind of sank when he fell quiet, eyes dull as he remembered his past. Yifan didn't like seeing him like that, he preferred it when his little peach smiled, it was be greatest thing he had ever seen.

So he offered to move in nonchalantly, he actually wasn't really thinking about his words until it was too late. Tao's eyes had gone wide and he refused, saying he was fine and that Yifan really didn't need to inconvenience himself like that. But the more Yifan thought about it the more it appealed to him, and at the end of the meal he brought it up again. He was more determined with his new found plan and convinced Tao to agree ("it's closer to my work, the pay will be affordable with two of us and I get to see you every day. I think this is a win-win situation").

Tao was somewhat reluctantly to say yes, but assured Yifan that he was happy to live together. Yifan just hoped now that he wasn't getting cold feet. He also hoped he hadn't royally ed their relationship. However after knocking on the door and coming face to face with Tao's endearing smile, all doubtful thoughts disappeared and he smiled back.

"Hi babe," he greeted after Tao leaned in for a quick kiss, "I missed you."

"You saw me two days ago."

"That's a long time in my book."

"Please," Tao scoffed and took the box from him, "in my book I can at least handle three days before I begin to miss you."

"I blame your wushu training in patience," Tao shot him a playful look and dropped the box on his living room floor. Yifan saw a few other boxes pushed in the corner and walked over to them, "What are these? Is your other lover moving in as well?"

"Yes, the secret affair I'm having with my pool boy has gotten serious, I decided it was time you two met."

"Aw yes, the pool boy for your nonexistent pool."

Tao laughed and shoved him lightly. He tapped one of the boxes with his foot before he explained, "These are just a few of my old 'roommate's' things. Where he's going... Well, he won't be needing them. Feel free to go through them, I'm 99.9% sure you'll fit his clothes."

"Maybe some other time," Yifan shrugged and turned back to Tao, catching that distant look again before he covered it up with a small smile. Yifan sighed and culled his cheeks gently, "Are you okay?"

"Fine, why?"

"You were close, weren't you? With your old 'roommate' I mean."

Tao just stared at him, "Well you know who my old 'roommate' was."

Yifan's gaze softened, "I thought you were over him."

"I am. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. But I have you now," Tao grabbed the waist of his jacket and pulled Yifan closer. The taller male felt him make himself comfortable against his neck and take a deep breath. It tickled the skin on his collar bones and had him wrapping his arms around the latter's waist, "I don't need to worry about it."

"I hope not."

Tao laughed and Yifan felt him shift to look up at him, "Say, what are you wearing a beanie when it's so hot outside?"

Yifan tensed and Tao's eyes widened. Before the elder could dodge his hand, Tao hooked his fingers in the curve of the black material and yanked it off. Blond tresses spilled down and covered his eyes.

, Yifan wasn't expecting that surprise attack. He didn't mean to get his hair dyed at all, he was having drinks with a couple of his friends a few days ago and then Luhan had the brilliant idea of self dying each other's hair. The next morning Yifan woke up with half of his hair bleached and had to go to a professional to fix it.

He wasn't sure how blond would look on him, it was a spur of the moment decision and now... he was second guessing. Tao had an unreadable expression on his face and he stood there just staring at his golden strands. He reached a hand forward and threaded his fingers through, the feeling was comforting and if Yifan was a cat he'd be purring,

Or maybe he was, because Tao laughed and ruffled his head like he would to a dog, "What the heck was that? You sound like a sleepy dragon waking up."

"Maybe I am... A dragon that is," Yifan smirked and caught his hand, "I was gonna show you later... you think it's weird?"

"Actually, I think it suits you well. I just have one question."

"Shoot."

"Luhan?"

"Luhan," he laughed and confirmed with a nod.

"Talking about me?" Luhan frowned, lugging two boxes into the living room. He sighed and stretched his back out, glaring at the two, "I figured you'd be running your mouths while I'm dragging up here. You like his hair Tao? It was a happy accident."

"You little ," Yifan laughed and threw one of the couch pillows at him, "You would have screwed me over if he didn't like it!"

"You should have seen him Tao," Luhan stepped closer, catching the pillow and tossing it up and down in his hands as he recounted, "' Luhan! You've ruined me! My beautiful black hair! What am I going to do now?! Tao will leave me for some other basketball trainer and I'll be alone with my white grandpa hair!' He was being such a little about it."

"Shut up! No! Stop that!" Kris lunged for the shorter male and slapped a hand over his mouth, turning quickly to his boyfriend (who looked like he was going to explode at any minute with how hard he was trying to hold his laughter in), "This guy is lying. You know I'd never say like that."

"So I'm exaggerating," Luhan huffed, "Kris would never address me without 'Hyung'."

"I swear to God."

"Oh my god you two," Tao wheezed hunched over on his knees, "You're killing me here."

Yifan growled and slapped the back of the doe eyed boy's head before he retreated to his boyfriend and glared at nothing in particular, "He's mocking me."

"He's teasing you, and you're gullible enough to fall for it."

"You're supposed to support me."

"I don't support idiocy," Tao smirked and patted his cheek lightly, "C'mon. Let's finish moving your stuff in and then we can... officially celebrate your first night here."

"Ew. Gross."

"Shut up Luhan."

 

--

 

It was late.

The clock blinked '2:09 am' and Yifan had a hard time easing himself out of bed without waking Tao. It was a plus that he didn't fall over either, the room was spinning drastically and there were numerous scattered boxes from moving in still in their bedroom.

Yifan had to balance himself on a few of them while he was making his way to the bathroom but when he got into the hallway he was on his own. His hand missed the wall and he fell, hitting his head against the wall and only making it worse.

"," he mumbled, but he had to hurry. He didn't want to get anything on the wood flooring, in the condition he was in he didn't think he could clean whatever mess he made properly.

Yifan stayed on the floor for a few seconds, blinking slowly in order to get his bearings. He was close to the bathroom, that he could tell from the little night light Tao put in there for moments like these.

The blond scrambled to his feet and hurried inside, hand plugging his nose until he flipped on the switch and cowered back from the light. The first thing he was greeted with was the sight of his unruly hair and red drops sprinkled down his chin.

"Again?" he mumbled in disbelief. Yifan stared at the blood, thinking back to the last time he had a nosebleed as bad as this.

It was when he was walking home from the convenience store, a pack of six in a plastic bag because some colleague from work was getting friendly with him. He had come up and started spouting some nonsense about his 'boyfriend' and him meeting up over a drink or something. The whole interaction was strange, seeing as he hadn't told anyone from work what his ual preferences were or gone anywhere near the dance department to associate himself with those who worked there.

Jongin was his name, least that's what Yifan thought he remembered, and he was way too comfortable with him. However he was cool about it, so he just went with the drink idea. Never did he think that he would have run into Tao that day, comfort him, and improve their awkward relationship.

Maybe he owed it to Jongin, because the nosebleeds stopped that day too. His last one was before he met the sobbing boy... but it seemed like it was too good to be true.

"This... ," he mumbled tilting his head back as he blindly reached for some toilet paper. The blood was going down his neck now and he really didn't want it to stain his clothes, that's the last thing he wanted to explain to Tao.

. Tao... He had a thing with nosebleeds. Yifan wasn't exactly sure why he was so sensitive, but he supposed that  anything involving someone losing blood called for a bit of a concern.

"It's still not stopping?" he groaned once more and wished he hadn't left his phone in the bedroom. It was still going, what the was wrong with him now?

"Yi...fan?" It was faint, a little distant, and Yifan knew Tao had woken up.

"," he cursed once more and reached for new sheet of toilet paper.

"Yifan?" he knocked on the door, "You in there?"

"Yeah, just... taking a ?"

"Yeah right," a tired chuckle, "What's keeping you?"

"It's nothing," Yifan pulled the tissue away and washed his face until all the red was gone. He sniffed and wiped his nose, checking for any sign of blood before he opened the door and accidentally blinded his boyfriend.

"Bright..." Tao trailed off, shielding his eyes in a childish manner. Yifan laughed and gently grabbed his wrists, pulling it away to get a better look at the squinting boy.

"You should have stayed in bed."

"I heard you fumbling around... at least I think you were."

"I just tripped over a box... or two..."

"Or three? In the hallway?"

Yifan shrugged, "I'm clumsy," he wrapped his arm around the boy's shoulder and smiled down at him, "Let's get some sleep, yeah?"

"Yeah..." Tao grumbled and turned back around. Yifan smiled as he shuffled back into their room, panda pjs and all. He looked back over his shoulder and stared at the blood stained napkins laying on the counter. With one smooth motion, he wiped it off and into the trashcan, a problem forgotten until morning.

Let's see how long I can keep this to myself.

 

 


told you guys it was gonna be short. did you see this coming? i hope not kekekekekeke and with this i am officially done with unknown caller

I intended to post this with my next oneshot update, but with whats happening with Yifan and him leaving the group... I don't know, can we still even pair Taoris anymore? I think it doesn't really make a difference because hell when this happened with Yunjae nothing changed but a lot of people are upset (which is understandable) so it makes me wonder if my next oneshot should be my last for Taoris. I'm still thinking though because honestly i have could write more, but I'm unsure. What are your guys' thoughts? Sorry to be weird like this, I'll always supportYifan but im wondering for his courtesy if i should stop and maybe... i don't know, focus on different couplings or just stop all together.

tumblr_n90bs1vjht1tr5r19o1_500.jpg

Oh Yifan, I hold strong feelings for you