Bad dream, guys.

Enslavement (HIATUS)

 

 

 

"So, no rehearsals, TV shows..or recordings?" Jieun asked with a smile as she chewed the popcorns one by one. 

"Nope. What I know is, first thing in the morning they were already here." Kevin, who was watching the other members with her, answered. "Well, I guess this is how we're gonna celebrate Eli hyung's birthday.

She nodded. "So, it's his birthday today too."

"Why? Is it your birthday today too?" Kevin shifted his eyes from the membersto her.

She nodded again.

"Oh. Then, why didn't you tell me? I could've given you a bonus or.. an advance payment." he chuckled.

"No, that's okay. I'm used to this kind of birthdays. No presents at all." she giggled shoving another piece of popcorn into .

Then Kevin stared at her. "How can you be so different?"

"Different what?" she looked at him.

He shook his head with a 'tsk tsk' and went inside his room. When he came out, in his hands was a white guitar.

"Here. I'm giving this to you." he passed the thing to her. "Happy birthday." 

slightly opened as she received the instrument and studied it.

"I'm...Are you serious? Kevin, you're giving this to me for real?" she asked as if she couldn't believe it.

He nodded with a cute smile. "It's yours. Take care of it."

"I will. I will. Thank you so much, Kevin. You're the best." she gave him a thumbs up and they both chuckled.

~~~~

Minki's POV 

Ren.. she called me Ren. Nobody calls me Ren anymore. During all those years, why would she show up now? Why am I like this? Oh, God. Why are you so unfair? 

FLASHBACK

Minki: Choi..Junhee?

Junhee: It's been a long time..Ren.

Minki: No. Why..why are you here?

Junhee. I'm shopping. Why?

Minki: Stop playing around! Why are you here?

Junhee: Oh. Looks like you didn't miss me at all.

Minki: Don't call me Ren ever again.

          (to the saleslady) Please wrap this one. 

Junhee: Wow. You've changed. Are you giving that to your girlfriend?

Minki: Do I look like I have one? Also, I did not change. I grew up. And please do so, too. (walks away)

Junhee: (stops Minki) Don't go. Because I won't let go of you ever again.

Minki: You let me go once. I'm sure you can do it again.

Junhee: I wouldn't do it this time. 

Minki: Liar. (walks out) 

I sat down on a vacant bench in the sidewalk and put down the bag of necklace beside me.

"Minki?" I turned around to see who was calling me out and saw Jieun.

Oh. She looks totally different today. She doesn't usually wear flowery dresses and leather boots, right?

"Hey, what's up with you? You're not wearing sneakers." I asked.

"Oh. I look ridiculous..don't I?" she smiled slightly asking me the question.

I shock my head right away. "No. No. You look..stunning." I didn't know but the word just came out of my mouth.

"Well, I.." she paused as she seated beside me on the bench. "I always wear different clothings whenever it's my birthday. I got used to it since my sister gave me one when I was in fifth grade." she giggled.

I nodded. "I see." 

"Anyway, thanks." she smiled.

"Yeah. Where'd you get that guitar? It's pretty cool." I asked pointing on the instrument beside her. 

"Ah..I got it from Kevin. It's a birthday present." she answered my question as she got the guitar out of its black container.

"It's nice." I murmured.

"Yeah." she smiled as she strummed it. "You can earn money from this."

"How?"

"Here. Let me show you." she said then she started plucking the strings.

Yeoboseyo

Babeun mogeonni

Eodiseo mwo hanneunji

Gokjeongdoenikka

She sang. As expected, her angelic voice is luring people. Slowly, people came crowding upon us, throwing coins and paper bills on the guitar container that was on the floor. There were people that were clapping their hands. Others sang along with her. As she was finishing the song, the crowd became light.

"Whoa." I exclaimed as I looked at the money that was in the container. I clapped and then laughed in amazement.

"See? Why don't you try it?" she chuckled as she passed the instrument to me and collected the money. "Sing." she smiled.

"O..kay. Let's try it." I said in between a deep breathe then I started to sing.

I saw a kid throw a coin. Wow!

And then lovers that were passing by threw a paper bill too. 

And then a grandma saying 'Good job, boy." 

Weird.

And then a foreigner, a lady, a guy..more of them. Until I finished singing. 

I looked at the money in the container and widend my eyes in amazement. 

"Waah! I earned 10..15.. 20,000 won! Jieun, look at this! I earned 20,000 won just by singing a song! Can you believe it?" I exclaimed with joy and laughter as I jumped around holding the money up in my hands.

I could feel her staring at me.

~~~~

Jieun's POV

"Okay. Just up to here, Minki. I don't want you to see how pitiful my house looks." I told him to stop him from walking. We were near the house but I don't want him to go there. Seriously. Like, it's predictable enough that he'll just spit on it or something when he steps a foot on it. Well.

"Okay." he nodded.

"Okay. And uh..thanks for ..walking me home tonight." I smiled awkwardly bowing lightly.

"No. It's okay. I should be the one to thank you. Actually, I was really sad earlier but then you came. Thanks for that. You made me laugh. I was really happy." he smiled.

I nodded at loss for words. Like seriously, there must be something going on with him. 

"Oh, and it was actually the first time I earned on my own. Thanks for teaching me. It felt great." he said in a smile again.

"I know. That's why you shouldn't look down on people who work hard to earn something." I said looking back at the time when we first met. In the classroom.

He nodded. "Uhm..Jieun, what's your English name?" He asked randomly which made me wonder.

"Err.. I don't know. I haven't thought about it." I answered with an awkward smile.

"Oh. Just..nevermind. I'll find ot out for you." he looked down. 

"Sure." 

This is really getting awkward. Damn.

"Okay. Maybe I need to go. Bye." I took the first move to wave goodbye because I really think the atmosphere is getting real creepy.

I saw him nod. "Yeah. Yeah, you should."

"Okay." I said then turned around to find my way home.

"Jieun!" I heard him call out.

I turned and shifted my eyes at him. "Yes?"

"Here." he said reaching out a white paper bag.

"What's that?" I asked as I took a couple of steps back in front of him.

"It's for you. Don't open it here. Do it when you get home." he smiled.

"Oh..okay." I agreed. "Thanks."

"And.." he paused leaning towards my face.

My eyes rounded in suprise.

"Happy birthday." he said before giving me a tight hug.

God, wake me up. This is a bad dream. Real bad.