The heart..

Enslavement (HIATUS)

 

"You're late." he coldly greeted me after probably sensing that I was standing behind him. He was sitting in a kitchen bar with a bottle of wine. 

"Uh...so why did you call me?" I asked.

"Nothing." he coldly answered after taking a generous gulp of the wine.

Nothing? Then what did I pay the bus for? Seriously... 

"Then..can I go?" I asked almost sounding the last word convincing. Kekeke~

"Why don't you sit here?" he offered and then gesturing me to sit beside him.

"Okay. So, what's this thing you're sad about?"

"I'm not really sad. Actually, I'm angry.." he breathed. "....and sorry." 

"Why?"

"Mom told me to take over the company. And that is the thing I hate the most. Since birth. You know, to take over the company and think about money. Just money." he said with an angry face.

"Why not?" I unconciously objected. "Money's good. At least you got something to do than just lurk around and watch a poor slave go here and there..do this and that..Why don't you consider giving it a try? Maybe it's your destiny. Then they'd really appreciate it.. including me." 

He scoffed. "Yea. You love money, right. I forgot."

"I don't love money? I love the things money could do for me and my sister to survive. I love the things money could buy. And that would be enough for my parents to see that we're working hard without them. That they raised hardworking and strong children. Think about the heart Minki. Don't do all things with the brain. Sometimes you just gotta use your heart to find some way somehow." I let out a long advice.

"The heart.." he smirked. "Mom told me the same thing." 

I nodded. "Because your mom knows too. That only your heart can decide whether you believe in yourself or not. It's the only thing you could lean on, Minki. Maybe not always but you have to believe in yourself once in a while."

He smirked. Again. "Stop talking about the heart. It's disgusting." he said then took a whole glass of red wine. 

I shook my head. "You're drunk." 

"I'm not." 

"You're obviously drunk. I think I should go." I said as I stood up. "See you tomorrow, Minki. Sober." I said then searched my way out.

"I AM NOT DRUNK!" 

I could stil hear Minki's shout.

 

Minki's POV: 

"The heart.." Psh. My heart's job is to pump blood. That's it. 

I don't understand why people always talk about the heart. It's disgusting.

It makes me wanna puke. 

But..what she said was right. I don't love money myself too. I love the things money can buy.