I BET I can BEAT you.

Enslavement (HIATUS)

 

The shrill sound of my alarm clock woke the hell out of me. Oh, yea, today's going to be my first day in that uh..five-star school. 

"For goodness' sake!" I yelled as I kicked my alarm clock and fin'lly, it stopped. I was still sleepy, of course, what idiot would set their alarm clock at four in the morning!? But no, I need to get ready.

And so, after a few hours, I was already blow drying my hair, I got my thing, yea, my cute pink sling bag. I wore a skinny jean, a white hoodie paired with a white high cut.

And before I realized, I was already in front of the school. I looked up to see the school name above the gate. Waaah..it's really nice. Trust me :) Now it's time to get inside. Hey, the ladies here sure are rich. I even saw one girl park her pink sports car. Rich, rich aaand rich.

I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and continued on my way to find the principal. After a few steps, I found the office and went inside.

"Hey dear, how can I help you?" she said sweetly and I bowed as a reply. "Uh..I'm the scholar." I said.

"Oh. Here, fill this up." she said as she gave me a piece of paper with so many blanks and a pen. "Sure." I said as I received it and started filling. Afterwards, she guided me up and down the corridors. Wow, this school sure has soo many stairs -_- 

Finally, we arrived in front of the classroom. I took a deep breath, which I think she noticed and told me not to be so nervous. I went in and silence took over the classroom. "Intoduce yourself, dear." the principal ordered me.  "Hi, I'm Lee Jieun. 19 years of age and am currently living alone. I'm a scholar so I'm not rich like you but please, let's get along well."  ooh, this is freakin' embarrassing -_-   

"Take care of her." the principal told them and left.  "Okay dear, find a comfortable seat." the teacher told me and received a nod from me. So, yea, I found one comfortable seat beside a ...girl? or boy? I don't see any s but she sure is pretty. Trust me! 

"Uh..hi." I smiled at her but she did not freakin' respond. What the hell? Well, I ignored it and cleared my throat. "I'm sure, all the guys in here like you." I told her but I did not look at her. She still did not respond but just looked at me. "I mean, because you're pretty." I blinked and looked at her. There was a long pause between us, then suddenly, she laughed. Hey, what's damn funny? But not to miss out, I laughed with her. She stopped and looked at me.

"Are you even a scholar?" he said.

"Huh?" 

"I'm a guy, you butthead." 

"Bwo?" I raised my eyebrows. The bell suddenly rang and every stident went outside, leaving me and him alone. "Really?" I added. "What's your name?" I asked as I put my stuff in my bag one by one. There was a long pause before I received an answer. 

"I'm sorry. I don't make friends to poor heads like you." he told me then he left. 

What the hell? Poorheads? I thought as I put the last notebook in my bag. 

I hurriedly went after him and tapped his shoulders. "Yah, rich head." 

He did not turn around to face me but instead looked at his shoulder where I placed my hand and said. "Bwo."  Wow. Completely emotionless.

You can say that he was really cool in that position with his two hands in his pocket and his face doing the side view. I assure heavens, he's really cool.  "Is being rich everything? Why the hell are you so self-righteous?" I told him to get rid of my thoughts. I did not receive an answer instead, a sentence that poured the word embarrassment to the living out of me. "Get your hand off of me." he said cooly and then waited for me to remove my hand off of him, them freakin' left. 

Facepalm.

I couldn't imagine my entire high school life being with these type of people around me. I better quit, and yea, you're reason would be 'I found a better school' when this is the best, and you'll end up sleeping in the streets. No no no. I shook my head to end my exagerrated thoughts. I looked at the small paper in my hands with my locker number on it and once again, found the devil in front of me. 

"Don't tell me, you followed me here to show me your annoying face." he insulted. 

"Hah!" I let out a bitter laugh. "My locker is there and you're blocking my way. Damn it." 

"Watch your mouth poorhead." was all he said then left.

I sarcastically imitated him and opened my locker to put my stuff in. Suddenly, my stomach called out my name saying he wants to eat something. 

Mental facepalm.

I walked my way to the cafeteria, and wow is the word. It was like a fancy restaurant. There were waiters and waitresses. A really organized cafeteria.

I stopped walking when I saw a blonde guy carrying his tray of foods and looked like he found a seat. I observed him. 

He then tried to sit with a guy .. and yea, it was him --- the devil. 

"Can I sit here with you?" he asked the devil.

The devil just gave him a sharp look and said "Fine. You'll sit. I'll leave." then left.

My eyebrows met and the blonde guy sat with a sigh. 

"Hey, don't mind that bastard. He's born devil." I sat in front of the blonde guy and tried comforting him.

"You know him?" he asked.

"Nope. I sit beside him in class."

"I see." he nodded. "You look new." 

"Yeah. I'm a freshman." I looked down and continued. "And I'm a scholar." 

"Really? Me too!" he chuckled.

"Really?" 

"Really!" 

A smile formed on my lips. "Awww..finally!" I let out a sigh. "I thought I'd be living my high school life with rich people." 

He smiled. "Let's be friends from now on." 

"Friends?"

"Yes. Friends." 

"Oh..sure." I nodded.

Actually, this is the first time someone told me to be friends with them. My childhood never understood the word 'friend'. My friend consists of only my older sister. Since we were poor and my parents passed away earlier, I didn't have anyone to lean on except my sister. And now, I've been living alone since she works in a different city, she supports me and of course, I can't sit my all day waiting for her money, I work part time too.

Suddenly, I found myself sitting alone in the quiet classroom. I felt a raindrop on my cheeks but I realized, why would there be rain when I'm inside this concrete classroom. Oh no, I felt another raindrop but this time, I realized it wasn't raindrop but my tears. I quickly wiped it and thought of counting my money remains. I took my pink wallet and looked inside. Wow. I only have $5 left, and blame that expensive I've eaten in my entire life. -_- 

I heard footsteps and looked up just to see the devil. I rolled my eyes and quickly put my money back in my wallet. 

"I'm usually the one here when it's vacant time. Looks like you're taking over me." he said randomly as he sat on one of the chairs and put his feet on the other. 

"Yea, and get the hell out of my sight. RIGHT NOW." I was out of control. 

"Are you kidding me?" he raised an eyebrow. "Who do you think you are?" 

I let a devil grin. "I'm just Lee Jieun. The poorhead who's going to ruin your life."

"Hell yeah. Bring it on." he said as he got his feet on the floor. 

"Let's do a bet."

"What bet?" 

"Singing. The one with the higher score wins." a devil grin curled upon my lips. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: yey! finished updating chapter one! ~Party~ 

Now, Jieun here is the really insane type. Every foolishness comes in her mind but she's the quite emotional when it comes to her late parents. She is a pitiful yet cheerful person. She deserves to be the best ^^ 

Anyway, Ren here is the prideful and witty type. He doesn't know how to put down that ego, and he thinks he excels. He has a bitter and a somewhat nightmare in his past(but that's getting far in our story! ^^ why not read on?) 

   By the way, the blonde guy who just became Jieun's friend is Hyuk :)) 

 Thank you so much guys for reading! XD    

Comment.Subscribe. and enjoy! :))  

 

--Now it's time for chapter 2! Good luck ♥ 

 

SARANGHAMNIDA!! ;'>