Take it as a GIFT

HSJ is out of town!

 

“Yuto, I’m so terribly sorry.” Kayla apologized as she bowed her head.

 

 The other JUMPs were just standing behind Yuto, none of them saying a word. They were all confused on whether they should believe Kayla or not.

 

 “Kore…” she continued as she handed a camera to Yuto. “That’s what I used to take a picture of Keito and Mia. You can destroy it now. And, don’t worry, I didn’t reproduce it.”

 

 Yuto narrowed his eyes. “What’s up with you?”

 

 “I just realized how terrible I am. How terrible the thing I did to you is.” She replied. “Sorry.”

 

 And with that, she left the school gate.

 

 It was a school day but she wore civilian clothes, and, judging from her attitude just now and her clothes, it looks like she won’t be attending school today.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 A week had passed, no sign of Kayla going to school yet.

 

 “Sensei!” Hikaru said.

 

 Everyone in the classroom looked at him.

 

 Inoo slapped him at the back of his head. “Baka! We’re not in Japan.”

 

 Hikaru clicked his tongue. “I forgot, gomen.” Then he looked over at Keito the English Speaker for help. Keito eventually got the Joker’s message and stood up.

 

 “Ma’am,” he spoke.

 

 “Yes?” the teacher said.

 

 “Where’s Kayla? It’s been a week that she wasn’t going to school.” He said, looking at Yuto.

 

 “Oh well,” the teacher said. “Since you asked, I’m going to answer your question.”

 

 “She dropped out already, so she probably transferred schools.” The teacher continued. “She told me to just say this to you only if ever you asked. So that’s why I didn’t announce it.”

 

 “So desu ka??” the JUMPs thought. Maybe Kayla was being sincere after all. Maybe she was too embarrassed as to show her face in school. Poor girl.

 

 Yuto was having the same thoughts. Kayla might’ve been a witch but now, he really felt pity on the girl. It even made him feel kind of guilty, even though he knew that he wasn’t at fault here.

 

 Mia, on the other hand, was confused. Why did Kayla drop out? Is she having a problem with Yuto? But they were sweet the last time she saw them… in the hotel…

 

 That thought still made Mia’s chest ache. Keito had helped her figure out about her feelings. Her liking towards Yuto… and thinking about that just made her pain even worse.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 Place: HSJ’s stay-in hotel

 Date: August 4, 2012, Saturday

 

 “Yuto,” Keito said.

 

 “Nani?”

 

 “Since you and Kayla are no more, don’t you think you should go for Mia now?” Keito asked.

 

 “Eh? How about you?” Yuto asked, a bit confused. “I thought you two were an item already.”

 

 “EHHH?? Iie! Nothing’s going on between us.” He sighed. “Truth is, she told me that I’m like an older brother.”

 

 Yuto patted his back. “Must hurt.” Keito nodded.

 

 “I’m giving her up to you.” He announced

 

 “HEHHH???!?” Yuto had his eyes widened.

 

 “Not that I don’t like her anymore. I’m just giving up. ‘Cause I know it’s for the best.”

 

 “HONTOU NIII?!?”

 

 “Un” Keito nodded. “Take it as a gift for your birthday. I guess it won’t be hard for you to get her anymore, since you’ve got no rival now.” He smiled.

 

 “HONTOU NI ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!!” Yuto exclaimed as he bowed to Keito, who was now exiting their bedroom.

 

 **************

 

  Keito smiled to himself as he heard Yuto yell his thanks. He was really happy for the tall guy. And he also knew that he’ll be even happier once he knows about Mia liking him. Of course it hurt, but it was good pain.

 

 ‘Cause I know it’s for the best.’ He had said. Yuto didn’t know that Keito was already giving him a hint that Mia likes him.

 

 He didn’t say it straight… just because he thought it would be fun for those two to find it out for themselves.

 

                                    >>CHAPTER END<<

 

HONTOU NI GOMENASAI!!! I haven’t updated for 15 days!! I was so absorbed in my other fics! GOMEN!