The Intramurals Plus A Blackmailing

HSJ is out of town!

 

CHAPTER 20

 

 The intramurals have already started. The students had a week to prepare for their jerseys and so far, there were no delays in the jersey deliveries. They also had no problems in the fittings.

 

 The athletes paraded in the school gymnasium and begun the opening ceremonies with the elementary department. Since the elementary department will also be holding their own intramurals, the high school students will have to move back to their building to conduct their own activities there.

 

 The badminton tournament was held in the waiting area, which offers enough space for the players. The chess tournament was held inside the audio-visual room, and the table tennis in some selected classrooms. And the volleyball and basketball tournaments taking turns in the quadrangle, which is also an open court.

 

 First game was between Jin and Takaki’s team versus a team from the freshmen, Chinen and Hikaru’s team. Jin’s team won. Next was a volleyball play. Then a game between Kota’s team and Inoo’s team, both of them from the third year level. Unexpectedly, Inoo’s team won. Justin and Keito’s team won against Daiki’s. And Jerome and Yuto’s team won against Yamada’s.

 

 Mia didn’t join this year’s intramurals. If given the JUMPs aren’t here, she would be joining the volleyball team with her other classmates. But this year she didn’t join because she wanted to cheer for her new friends. Some of the JUMPs who had lost already joined her in her cheering.

 

 All the basketball games were worth watching. As expected, most of the students’ attentions were there because of the JUMPs— and also because of Justin and Jin—the school’s heartthrobs and greatest players.

 

 The teams in the semi-finals are Jin’s team versus Keito’s. And Yuto’s team against Inoo’s team. As expected, both of the senior teams won. Jin’s team and Kei’s team competed against each other, Kei’s team won, making his team the third placer. The basketball finals will be held on Friday, and so will be the other final matches.

 

Date: July 6, 2012. Friday

 

  The school knew how to save the best for last. All the final matches were held in the quadrangle except for the chess game, of course. They started with the table tennis, then badminton, next was the volleyball match, and at last… the basketball finals.

 

 Keito’s in the best condition for a match this afternoon. He realized that it isn’t bad having Justin as a teammate. Honestly, he thought the guy was really great in playing basketball.

 

 “We can do this. We WILL win.” Justin said as he oriented his teammates. He’s really a great team leader. A perfect captain.

 

 The game has begun. It’s 2:30 in the afternoon but the sun isn’t too high up, perfect weather for playing. The first seven points was earned by Yuto’s team, Jerome making the points. Yuto was good at stealing and blocking the ball, he would then pass it to Jerome to make a shot. Great combination.

 

 The game went on. Justin and Keito’s team were able to catch up, tying the scores to 37-37. Then the first half ended. The players were sent for a short 2-minute rest for them to rink water or to get coached. The game continued until they had a break again after the third quarter. The score is now 61-55, Justin’s team taking the lead.

 

 Justin approached Keito, who was drinking as water dripped from doing so.

 

 “Yo.” Justin said, “Nice playing you got there.”

 

 Keito just smiled. Justin then sat down beside Mia.

 

 “Your friends play well. And they’ve got no attitude, from what I’ve observed.” He said.

 

 “Yeah.” Is all that Mia could say.

 

 “You know what, you should have been my team’s muse.” Justin said, making Mia blush a bit but he didn’t notice. “You remember that time way back in fifth grade when I asked you to be my team’s muse?”

 

 Mia nodded.

 

 “You refused. You rejected my offer.” Justin continued to say, “Seriously, why would you reject to be a muse? You’re pretty, and you’re not like other girls out there with *coughs* rotten *coughs* attitude.”

 

 “Because I don’t want to parade my face, to model, to flash smiles..” Mia answered. Actually, she wasn’t even thinking on what she was saying. She felt confused. She knows that there is no possibility that Justin would like her, but now he calls her pretty and unlike other girls? What was that supposed to mean? She remembered that night with Keito and all the time she had spent crying over this guy. It made her terribly confused and made her want to cry again.

 

 On the other hand Yuto saw this from a distance. Jealousy smacked him in between the eyes. He was about to walk towards them when a girl stopped him.

 

 “They look sweet. Don’t they?” Kayla said with a smile.

 

 Yuto ignored her and took another step. Kayla grabbed his arm.

 

 “Oh please, don’t disturb them. I know Mia likes him a lot.” she said. “Poor you…and poor Keito. I know that you two like her. But you know, Yuto, I’m here. We could go on a date.”

 

 The tall guy cannot believe Kayla’s courage to tell him those words. Seriously? Is she for real?

 

 “Not interested.” He answered and then continued to walk, the girl stopped him once again.

 

 She took a mini-sized photo from her pocket and held it up for Yuto to see. “If you won’t go out with me, I’ll spread this out in the internet. I wonder what will happen to your group, especially to Keito. Will he be kicked out like that other guy, Ryutaro? Or will your group finally be disbanded?”

 

 Yuto snatched the photo from Kayla’s hand and tore it. “Ryutaro wasn’t kicked out. And you WON’T spread this out.” He said gritting his teeth.

 

 “I’ve got lots of copies of that photo. I could give you millions of copies of that and you could tear them to your heart’s content BUT I could delete the master copy of that…if only you agreed to go out with me.” The evil girl said with an amused smile.

 

 Yuto sighed with extreme exasperation. Jerome was already calling to him now, the game is already about to start.

 

 “Fine.” Yuto agreed, “but why me?”

 

 “Simple. Because I like you.” Kayla said as she crossed her arms.

 

 The guy just left with anger. The game started again.

 

 Yuto was too distracted by his thoughts so he hardly paid attention to his playing. Where did Kayla get that photo? And having the courage to ask him out on a date? Is she a psychopath or what? Blackmailing people… Yuto hated her. If only Kayla was a guy he might have punched her in the face already. He wanted to refuse to the date but he doesn’t have any choice. If he didn’t go out with her, she would spread to the world the photo of Mia leaning on Keito’s shoulder. People might think that she’s Keito’s girlfriend, Keito might get suspended, or worse… if people are really angry, this may lead to Hey! Say! JUMP’s disbandment.

 

 He didn’t notice the ball coming right at him so he got hit hard in the face. He fell down, little blood coming out of his nose. Jerome pulled him up.

 

 “You okay?” Jerome asked. “Want to get substituted? You’ve played hard earlier already.”

 

 “Thanks. And yeah, I should be substituted.” Yuto answered.

 

 Jerome called for a substitution, Yuto walked out of the court, and the guy who substituted him went in.

 

 Yuto just nodded at Keito that he’s okay. Keito understood this and just kept on playing.

 

 “Daijobou desu ka? Seems like you’re bothered by something.” Mia asked as Yuto sat down.

 

 Yuto just nodded. He can’t look at Mia in the eyes right now. He’s just THAT bothered. A hand was reached out to him.

 

 “We can go to the clinic if you want to.” A smiling Kayla offered.

 

 Yuto took her hand, stood up, and walked away as if Mia wasn’t there.

 

 

                                                CHAPTER END

 

 So....who's angry at Kayla now? 

AND I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY KEI!!!!!! I forgot all about June 22!! Oh well,..