Let's Go To School! Part 2

HSJ is out of town!

 

CHAPTER 13

 

 “Why is Hikaru Yaotome smiling at you?” Kayla, the girl in front of her asked.

 

 “Ha?” Mia said as she regained consciousness on what was happening and got her jaw back from the ground. “Ah, Hikaru… he’s… my friend.”

 

 Kayla’s overly large eyes widened even more as she heard of this. “Is every single one of them your friend?”

 

 “Yeah..” Mia shyly answered.

 

 Their adviser ssshed them and they shut their mouths at once.

 

 “…and this is Keito Okamoto.” The directress said as she just finished introducing the JUMPs. “These nine guys will be the ones to complete the special section of the senior year. They are here to study and not to entertain any one of you. However, they will only be staying here until the end of August. Also, please, do not post anything about this in the internet for it will only cause trouble, BIG trouble, to them… That’s all everyone. You may now proceed to the building.”

 

 Mia made her way to the canteen to get her bag while the JUMPs (who already had their bags slung into their backs) followed her.

 

 “What’s this?” Mia said as she slung her body bad onto her shoulder while eyeing Kota.

 

 Yabu then raised his eyebrows on the man to his right: Yuto.

 Yuto just smiled Mia, hoping she would smile too.. But she didn’t.

 

 “So this is your idea?” Mia asked the tall guy.

 

 “Hai…gomen…” he replied.

 

 “Don’t be scared. I’m just testing you. ” Mia chuckled. Then she took Yuto’s forearm. “Let’s go to the classroom.”

 

 Yuto gave Keito a thumb-up with his free hand and Keito just shot him a joking but deadly look.

 

 When they arrived to their homeroom, which was on the third floor of the building, there are no people there except for their adviser, Ms. Anne, who was already there waiting for them. Ms. Anne approached Mia and asked her who are the five people she picked to be their classmates.

 

 “Hmmm…” Mia thought for a while, then spoke, “Clarisa,.. Angel…”

 

 “Who else?” the adviser asked.

 

 “I think that’s it. You could randomly select the other three also.” Mia said. The truth is, she has more friends than those two.. but those two are her REAL friends, that’s why she chose them.

 

 “Then I shall take my leave for now.” Ms. Anne said, “I’ll be back later with your other classmates.”

 

 The adviser went out of the room, thus taking her leave, leaving the nine guys and the girl alone inside the classroom.

 

 “Yappari, it was Chinen who bumped into me earlier.” Mia said, starting the conversation.

 

 “Hai.” Chinen said as he scratched the back of his head.

 

 “Ano.. I thought you guys were already high school graduates??” Mia said.

 

 “We are.” Yuto and Chinen said in perfect sync.

 

 “Well, then if you’re already graduates, what are you doing in my school?” Mia asked as she turned to face the oka-chan of the group.

 

 “For amusement purposes.” Yabu answered while he was eyeing Yuto.

 

 “So you find bugging me an amusing thing, eh?” Mia said as she walked towards Yuto. Yuto just grinned at Mia.

 

 “Well, then…” Mia sighed. “You wouldn’t want yourselves to be seated far from each other so you guys better take your seats now.”

 

 At this, Hikaru and Chinen immediately invited Mia to seat between them, on which Mia agreed and on which Keito and Yuto felt a bit sad.

 

 There are five rows and six columns in their room. Starting from the left of the back row sat Daiki, Yamada, Kota, Takaki, Inoo, and Keito. On the row before that was an empty seat (which was in front of Daiki), then Chinen, Mia, Hikaru, Yuto, and another empty seat (which was in front of Keito).

 

 At one moment, Yuto gave Kota a pleading look which means ‘Can we exchange seats?’ , but Kota just shook his head which made Yuto pout.

 

 “Do dinosaurs and monkeys get along?” Inoo asked out of the blue.

 

Everybody just ignored him and his randomness. After a few silent minutes, Ms. Anne came back with their classmates.

 

 “Take your seats.” Ms. Anne instructed the other students. “You are free to take whichever seat you want so go.”

 

 (Ehem, to explain, Mia’s school is a school known for its English campaign…so a lot of students there speak in English.)

 

 Mia saw Clarisa and she told her to sit beside Chinen, which Clarisa did. Angel, another friend of Mia’s, sat in front of Mia. Mia also saw Erica and Alyssa, her classmates from her freshman year. Then there was Kayla, who sat beside Yuto.

 

 “Sorry I’m late!” a 16-year old guy said as he ran inside the classroom.

 

 “It’s fine. Take your seat already.” The adviser said as she gestured to the seat to Angel’s left, which was the only seat available because all the other seats were taken already.

 

 “Special section pala ah.. (‘Special section’ eh?)”, the guy teased Mia.

 

 Mia just nodded at him with a slight smile and then she silently sighed to herself. Why is he suddenly talking to her like they’re close friends? There are a hundred plus people in the senior year, but why him? Why does he need to be her classmate? Mia wanted to protest but she thought that would be embarrassing so she just decided to keep her feelings to herself.

 

 “Mia,” the teacher (adviser) said, disrupting Mia’s thoughts. “Please come here in front with your…ah, friends, to introduce them.”

 

 At that, Mia stood up as she gestured the JUMPs to come in front.

 

“Ahem,” Mia faked a cough to get everyone’s attention. “These guys are members of Hey! Say! JUMP, for those who don’t know them, I’m going to tell you their names. This is, Daiki, Keito, Yuya, Kota, Kei, Ryo, Chinen, Yuto, and Hikaru.” Then she paused after she said Hikaru’s name, “Though they are older than us, I’m sure you can get along with them well. Also, please bear with them.”

 

 Some laughed a bit at Mia’s last sentence. Mia and the JUMPs went back to their respective seats.

 

 “Now it’s time for the other students to introduce themselves” Ms. Anne spoke.

 

 The student in front started, then the one beside him, and so on. Mia noticed that there were only eleven girls, including her, and the remaining students are nineteen boys. There were no transferee students in their section.

 

 Clarisa just finished introducing herself and went back to her seat. Now the next person…Kayla.

 

 She stood up and walked in front with her head held high.

 

 “Ohayou gozaimasu.” She started talking, which immediately grabbed the JUMPs’ attentions. “Watashi wa Cruz Kayla desu.”

 

 Kayla kept on talking in Japanese which Mia knew for sure that it was only scripted.

 

 “Hajimemae.” Kayla said at last then went back to her seat happily.

 

 Wait, what was that? Mia thought. Is it her imagination or did Kayla just flash a smile at Yuto?

 

 The hell, Mia thought, she’s doing it again.

 

 

                                         CHAPTER END 

 

O_o What's going to happen to Mia's senior year.. now that Hey! Say! JUMP also attended her school??!?

 

 and what's up with this Kayla girl??!?