The Thirty-Sixth Scar

✖ T H E B E A U T I F U L S C A R ✖

 

✖ 

 

“Like the wind, I can't catch you,

But you make me feel alive.

 

✖ 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
THE THIRTY-SIXTH SCAR
 
___________________________________________________________________________________
 

 

Yunho glared at the man in front of him.

 

“Jo Sang Wook, CEO of Sae Hyun Enterprises. Funny how you’re the older brother of Jo Eun Sook, a rising politican who builds her reputation on her belief in feminism as well as her fight towards womens' rights. Is this how you spend your time? By going to small restaurants and trying to engage in innapropriate conduct with the female waitresses there? Because if it’s true, then I’d say that your younger sister must be extremely disappointed in you.”

 

The man looked furious, and slammed his newspaper down.

“Excuse me? Do you have any proof?”

 

Yunho snickered. “Do I need your proof? If you really didn’t do it, then why are you so angry? If you were really innocent, I’m sure that you know the truth would come out soon. If you were guilty, however, I guess it’s another story. Just because you’re an influential persona in the business world doesn’t mean you can get away with crime, either. 

 

And if you really didn’t do it, then why is her nametag crooked in such a strange position?”

 

He pointed at Ha Jae’s chest, where her silver nametag, pinned to her shirt, had moved noticeably, and she blushed. The man, now knowing that he’d have no chance against this argument, left the shop in a hurry, shooting one last look at Yunho. Yunho just ignored him, and tipped his head at Ha Jae’s grateful smile.

 

“Yunho, you should become a lawyer. Seriously. Even though you’re a trainee right now, I swear, you should go to university break it into the legal business.” 

 

The girl beside him spoke, grabbed a napkin and began to wipe up the table. Reminded once again that he had a girlfriend, Ha Jae began to pick up the glass that had fallen. For some reason, she was utterly disappointed, although it wasn’t a surprise that such a great guy like him had been taken (and by a girl who seemed just as nice as he was.) If it was her, she would have confessed to him right on the spot, and never let go of someone like him. He was so unlike her old boyfriend-though he didn’t even know Ha Jae, he’d even helped her. Even though that man was wealthy and powerful, that boy didn’t care-he decided to risk himself at her expense.

 

“Lil sis, music has always been my first passion, and you know that better than everyone else. Come on, be serious. Although I like justice, and I support it, I know that I’m going to become famous one day for my music.”

 

He laughed, while the girl rolled her eyes.

 

Ha Jae was not obsessed with boys, and didn’t like to gossip or act like “a girl in love,” but she couldn’t get him off her mind. She suddenly felt like a weight had been lifted on her chest, after the man called the girl his “little sister.” Strangely, Ha Jae liked that she wasn’t his girlfriend, and that he’d helped her. Thinking that she was going crazy, she was about to leave and put the dishes away in the back of the kitchen, when she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder.

 

“Are you okay, miss?”

 

Ha Jae nodded, and stared into the eyes of the man. He smiled at her gently, and then turned away to leave with his sister. Though she’d just met him, and he probably wouldn’t even remember her, she couldn’t help but think that this time, she didn’t mind this man’s touch. Though her boyfriend before had abused her, and her parents had died, leaving her alone, she liked the warmth this man gave her.

 

In fact, she wanted more of it. 

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

___________________________________________________________________________________