The Third Scar

✖ T H E B E A U T I F U L S C A R ✖

 

✖ 

 

“Even though I tell myself I will forget a girl like you,

Even though I tell myself I will never look at a girl like you,

I still want to remember you.”

 

✖ 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
THE THIRD SCAR
 
___________________________________________________________________________________
 

I couldn’t tell if I was more surprised that the attendant had actually complied to his demands, or that this man was suddenly staring at me. I automatically turned my left cheek away from him, even though he’d already see the bad side of my face. Crossing my fingers and hoping that he would just ignore me, he glared at me, and then walked closer, until he was towering over me. My heart started to race slightly-what was he going to do to me? He seemed like someone who had influence, who was powerful - simply because the director had instantly attended to his request. What was going to happen to me now?

 

“You know, there are more ways to attract a boy’s attention than by staring at them, sweetheart.”

I hissed under my breath.

 

“You know, there are more ways to say hello than to be a cocky ,” I snapped at him.

“Touché.” He grinned at me. “So, what’s your name, ugly?”

 

I glared at him. “Obviously I already know yours, .”

 

“With that attitude of yours, I’m not surprised you’ve already gotten -slapped.” He took his hand and gently touched my left cheek, smiling. My cheeks flaming red, and my heart starting to get angrier at his every word, I slapped his hand away. Furious with his insult, he just grinned at me, which annoyed me to no end. Couldn’t this guy just leave me alone?

 

“Worried that I've been hurt? It's okay, I like feisty girls.”

“Yeah, well, I’m not interested in jerks.”

He continued to grin at me, while I tried to shoot death lasers at him. Our conversation was interrupted, however, when the attendant rushed back with a bottle of water. Jaejoong took it and unscrewed the cap, drinking from it thirstily. I went back to staring at Jonghyun, who had now changed from casual clothes into a suit and jacket. I had to say, honestly, that though Jonghyun looked handsome, he couldn’t beat the way Jaejoong seemed to be “one” with his suit-it was like those clothes were made for him.

 

Not that it mattered, of course. I’d always choose Jonghyun first-right?

 

“Think he’s handsome? I think he’s a little out of league for you.” He smirked again, and I inwardly groaned, wishing that he’d spend more time drinking water. “Well, then, your thoughts are wrong, because he’s my best friend.”

His eyes widened, and then he grinned again. “Best friend? That’s it? Can’t even get the boy you like?”

I blushed furiously.

“None of your business,” I muttered, while watching a bunch of scantily clad girls walk around Jonghyun and put their arms around him. Jaejoong continued to observe me while I was watching Jonghyun, and it made me feel uncomfortable. I felt like he was looking through me, like everything about me was suddenly laid out for him to see. I felt vulnerable and , and I shifted my body in nervousness. As the lights kept clicking and Jonghyun pulled the girls closer, Jaejoong started to smirk. I knew what he was thinking and rolled his eyes at his childishness, but was relieved when the shot finally finished, and Jonghyun bounded over to me.

“Hyung.” He said to Jaejoong in greeting.

Araso. My turn’s next, right?”

Jonghyun nodded to him, and it felt like I was watching a little kid and his mentor. Jaejoong suddenly stepped over to the screen, and he began to face the camera naturally, like he was born for this. If I thought Jonghyun looked good as a model, Jaejoong was…gorgeous. He was as beautiful as a woman, but as handsome as a man. When a bunch of girls crowded him, pretending to kiss him, while Jaejoong pretended to look scared, I swear that Jaejoong seriously outshined those girls.

Suddenly, I heard a commotion between the girls.

 

“You ! You broke my heel!”

“You scratched my arm!”

 

Three out of the five girls were now screaming at each other, one holding a broken shoe, the other bleeding at the arm, and the third’s pretty dress torn. It was a shame that even though they had such a good job, and were so beautiful, they still had to fight each other. I felt like going up to them and telling them that they were already lucky to be working in the modelling industry - this was just going to risk thier status within the company. Shaking my head, I watched as the same assistant ran up to them and tried to settle the matter. “Girls, girls, calm down!” Scratching his head, he looked utterly confused and helpless, while Jaejoong looked bored and stared at the ceiling, as if he was thinking.

And then he suddenly looked over to me, and smiled.

“I don’t like mean girls.”

The girls gasped at him, and instantly flew to his side, trying to compliment him and get him to forgive them. He just shook his head bluntly, and motioned to the director. Pointing at me, he said the words that that made me hate him even more.

“So, Director, I want a photoshoot with her.”

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

___________________________________________________________________________________