Seven

I can't read your mind

Both of you hadn't realised how conditioned you were to the newly acquired "power" until now. As you were explaining the theme and shots you wanted, you found yourself straining to hear whatever squeak that could come out from his mind, only to be disappointed. Likewise, Kyungsoo listened intently to you with eyes that gleamed inquisition while nodding his head occassionally.

 

"So... w-we'll take the drawers first?" You tripped over your words. The gnawing curiosity was getting to you. Why wasn't he thinking of anything? It couldn't be. Even the most pea brained colleague in your company had some random buzz, while this.. this perfectly normal looking man in front of you hadn't revealed a single inner thought up to this point. It felt like... a normal conversation.

Something both of you haven't had for a while.

 

______________

 

 

With the same burning questions in his mind, Kyungsoo proceeded to set up his camera to take some photos. He forced himself to concentrate. The direction was simple and easy. Compose, snap, snap, snap.

Maybe I wasn't standing close enough to hear her? He pondered after the eighth take. Checking his work, he stepped towards you and showed you the photos.

 

"What.. do you think?"

You snapped out of your trance with a quick "Oh" and looked over the preview photos as he held the camera for you. At this moment, Kyungsoo took a breath of courage and closed the distance between both of you, until your heads were almost touching.

"This... one should be ok?" He pressed the next button for the image to show up. You had felt his closing in and now his warm breath butterflied on your cheek. It felt intimate but not invasive. He had this air around him that made you comfortable. Almost like you were... acquainted to it.

Nothing. Kyungsoo couldn't hear anything from your mind, even though you were quiet for that few moments, taking in the image before you. He eased back a little and you spoke. 

"This one is great." You affirmed his choice. "Can you go back to the previous ones?"

You focused on the photos and chose another two.

 

"It's ok?" He asked. You registered his lips were moving. It's not coming out of his mind. He's speaking, but you can't hear any drone or murmur even with that close proximity.

"Yeap. Shall we... do the tables next?"

______________

 

With the two workers gone and Sooyung back to the office to pick up some stuff, you were left alone with Kyungsoo and the owner, Zitao. The latter playing with his phone to occupy his time while you and Kyungsoo were moving the sofa to give space to a desired angle.

You proceeded to lift the ottoman yourself but it was a 2 piece storage furniture and the lid came off while moving, the wooden insides grazing your delicate skin as you tried to rescue it from the drop.

 

"Hey!" Zitao yelped and stood up when he heard the soft thud. Kyungsoo rushed to your side at the commotion.

"Sorry, sorry... it's safe! It's safe." You assured him and quickly replaced the lid. Your right hand saved the fall and after making sure his precious furniture was safe, the owner mumbled: "Be careful with this." and returned to his seat with a scowl.

You could hear the numerous curses from his mind and so did Kyungsoo, whose brows knitted into a concerned frown when he saw that the side of your dorsum had drawn blood from the scratch.

"You might want to wash this under the water first." Holding your arm lightly, he guided you towards the kitchen sink.

 

The wound stung a little from the running water but you held back your hiss of pain. Your jolted breath caught Kyungsoo's attention though and he searched your eyes for assurance.

"Painful?"

You shook your head. But the back of your hand had turned a blotchy red and tiny specks of blood oozed out hastily as soon as your hand left the water. He took your arm away from the sink and brought you to the sofa, snatching some tissues to dab, then adding pressure to the affected area.

"Does it hurt?" His voice was gentle, the warmth of his hand enveloping the stinging pain.

"No." You caught his gaze and smiled. He smiled back and held you like that for a while.

 

"Are you okay?" Zitao called out from where he sat.

"Yup, I was careless, that's all." You threw your free hand in the air and heard something about not dirtying his furniture.

"She won't be touching the furniture from now. I'll be doing it." Kyungsoo declared. You marveled how Kyungsoo was grabbing the words right out of your mouth, when suddenly, a thought struck you.

 

Zitao hadn't said anything about the furniture. It came from his mind.

 

 

 

 

______________

 

 

 

 

Kyaaaa!!!! thanks to kyreiieclaire!!! She made a fanfic art for my story! Pwahaslaljlkdjalfkdgjalksgljalksgkaapeaw!!!

Thanks babe!!!! I dunno what to say! *sobz at such kindness* Do Kyungsoo loves you! And i do too! pwahahhaha~~~

 

It's really really gorgeous! man! i dunno what to say~~!!