Ten

I can't read your mind

You were literally walking on eggshells the next day you went into the office. 

After the surprising mind revelation, you took Chanyeol's actions more seriously. You avoided his gaze after greetings but he was fawning over you like a mother hen the moment you sat down. 

 

"How's your hand?" He grabbed your arm to survey your wound. 

"Ow." You faked a cry. 

Sorry!

His eyes widened as he dropped your hand quickly. 

"Did I hurt you?"

"If you grab like that, yes, it will. So stop touching me."

Sorry.

You softened a little. "It's okay."

 

"So how was the shoot yesterday?" He asked, eyes innocently opened wide.

But the thought buzzing in his mind told you otherwise.

Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo was great. More than great. He's a professional. I only told him some general directions and he gave me exactly what I wanted. I mean, even Baekhyun had to work with me a few times before he could grasped what I'm saying entirely." 

It was like he can read through me, you ruminated. 

Not good. Chanyeol's thoughts were scowling.

"Is it? I heard from Sooyung he looks cute." He continued.

More like gushed. Cute! Gorgeous! Friendly. 

"Kyungsoo? Well... " You searched for the correct word. "He's ok, I guess."

Just okay? More okay than me?

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows.

To be honest, Kyungsoo definitely had a charm that doesn't quite make you feel the same as with other guys, including Chanyeol. But you weren't about to admit that to the giant who was towering before you with a stare that could quickly turn into quite another thing altogether when provoked.

Chanyeol hadn't flared up at you before, but you witnessed his temper while he was arguing with some clients occassionally. That was a different Chanyeol you knew.

"He's just a photographer, Chanyeol." You ended the conversation as you whirled back your chair.

 

He volunteered to take everything for you as if you were a handicap. Heck, if he could stop you from writing he probably would, but that would just make you blow your top and he didn't want to see you get upset. 

During lunch, he took away your fish and chips and replaced it with chicken bolognese.

"Eat this instead, I heard that it helps heal scars faster."

"What? Chanyeol ah, it's just a small scratch."

"It's still a wound." He stared at you. "And believe me, I looked it up and these are better for you."

You read his mind and heard the health information scrolling through his head.

"I believe you." You sighed. 

 

Half an hour to knocking off time, you were taking a breather, stretching out on your chair when Chanyeol appeared before you again.

"Your tea with half cube of sugar." He placed the hot beverage on your desk. This was getting all but a bit oppressive for you.

"Oh... thanks. Wow?" You barely finished your sentence when he snuck to your back and started massaging your shoulders.

"Maybe you should take a break, you know, or day off. To allow the wound to heal."

"Chanyeol ah." You ducked your shoulders away under his hands and swirled around to face him. "I scratched the back of my hand, not cripple it or anything. I'm fine."

Just worried.

"I know you are worried, but... you don't have to do everything for me like a mother."

Or boyfriend.

You heard that sentence and gulped.

Maybe it's time to draw a boundary.

 

_____________

 

Kyungsoo knew that he didn't have to make a trip down all the way to your office just to hand in his invoice, but he wanted to check whether your hand was alright. He was still bugged out by the fact that you were the only one immuned to his mind reading plus he couldn't deny the fact that he wanted to see you again.

The sky was turning dark and he wondered whether a dinner invite would be too presumptous for you. Grabbing the documents, he hopped down the car and turned into the building. 

 

____________

 

"Chanyeol ah." You began. 

This is harder than you thought. Chanyeol looked at you expectantly.

Yes?