Twenty-Seven

I can't read your mind

The girl I wanted to save my apple crates for.

 

The sentence echoed in your mind.

 

"Yes." He responded out loud to your thought, as he leant in for a kiss.

__________________

 

Chanyeol came into the office late with dark eye bags the size of crater moons the next morning.

 

"I see someone stayed late for the night." You noted.

 

"Sorry I didn't go fetch you, ____________ . Did you go home safely?"

"Well, I am here aren't I? Chansung was a great host."

"Yeah, I knew he'd take care of you." He smiled, the jovial glint back in his eyes.

 

"Chanyeol-ah!" Sooyung appeared next to him and placed a coffee on his table. "Drink."

"Oh, thanks, Sooyung ah."

Sooyung gave a faint smile and walked away.

 

You had explained why you were together with Chanyeol at Gyeonggi-do yesterday to her, because apparently, he had conveniently left out the part about Kyungsoo being your boyfriend and coming along with the two of you.

 

She was attentive to Chanyeol the entire day ahead. And you thought Chansung was right again. He is oblivious to those around him, even those who seemed particularly affectionate.

 

When Kyungsoo came to meet you for lunch later on, he picked up the vibe and smiled knowingly.

 

"What?" You piped as you packed your bag.

"Seems your colleague Mr Park is pretty dense with others besides you."

You smirked.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Well, maybe that will be my last project before I end the experiment?"

He said, rubbing a finger on his chin.

 

"He can deal with it himself. Let's go." You chuckled and dragged him away by the arm.

________________

 

"Now we're even." He smiled as the two of you walked out of the hospital, after his operation this time. The field grounds were quiet as dusk fell.

 

"You know, it isn't really fair." You mused.

"About what?"

"I've never gotten a chance to read your mind like you did with me."

"Ok... trust me, it isn't as exciting as you think it is."

"Why?"

"Well, you know, before you remembered the thing about Chanyeol's brother? I was really worried then."

"You were?"

"I was worried... what if the person you cared about is someone else? I could hear everything in your mind and... it hurts."

 

You paused in your footsteps.

"We won't hurt each other again, right?"

 

He looked at you in the most tender way as he held you by the arms.

"No, we won't".

 

Suddenly it doesn't really matter anymore.

You figured even if you can't read each others minds, you've still got a lot of time to find out.

 

As soon as that thought left you, you were surprised as Kyungsoo whispered gently:

"Anyway, we've still got a lifetime. You know, to find out about each other." His lips curled up into a smile as it touches yours.

 

A lifetime.

You affirmed as you responded to his kiss, which is still honest and addictive, like mind reading.

 

 

_________________________________ The End ________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, how do you like the story? Just to clarify, they can't read their minds in the end ok, he just echoed her thoughts because... after a while, lovers tend to do that, you know, like able to read each other's minds... just wanna clear that up cos... I thought it might not seem obvious enuff, heh heh~~~

 

to celebrate, here's cutie D.O. smiling in his new hair style~~ thanking you for reading! ^^

 

Bonus- Chanyeol beatbox and D.O. breaking it down with Sehun dancing...

totally adorbs...