Sixteen

I can't read your mind

While driving you back home, happy thoughts were singing in his brain and you were relieved the night went well. You couldn't wait to get back home though.

The car pulled up in front of your apartment and you stepped out as he held the door open for you.

 

"Happy birthday. Sorry I didn't get you anything." You apologized.

"Well..."

It's not my birthday.

You stiffened.

"You turned up and that's good enough." He lied.

 

"Chanyeol ah, today isn't your birthday is it?"

How did she?

"I..."

"Why did you lie?"

You hate liars and he knew that.

I was afraid.

"Because otherwise you wouldn't go out with me."

 

"What?!"

"I--I wasn't going to but you and Kyungsoo... I had to do something."

"Like lying? Geez Chanyeol..."

"Look,  _________ ah," He panicked. "I really like you and I haven't had the courage to tell you before until this Kyungsoo came along and I... I can't..."

"I'm not listening to this anymore." You turned and marched away.

 

"__________ ah!!"

No.

You shuddered from the low drone you thought came from his mind but the one second lead time wasn't enough for your mind to process anything before Chanyeol's arm shot out to grab you into a forceful embrace. You coiled back instinctively but weren't fast enough to duck from the lips that crashed into yours. The shock temporarily immobilized you. He mistook your inaction as consent and held you by the waist as he pressed on.

 

Chanyeol's kiss was different from Kyungsoo's.

Where Kyungsoo was tender and sensitive, Chanyeol's was callous and demanding. Kyungsoo was controlled, but this 6 feet tall giant was relinquishing his weight on your 5 feet 2 inch frame against the car door. 

You struggled, lips flat and chafed in the close-mouthed kiss but he wasn't letting go. Fear surged and you choked, giving him one hard shove.

It was then he saw your face and broke into apologies.

 

"___________ ah? I-I'm so sorry... so so sorry..."

You felt moisture on your cheek. You were crying.

 

He tried to wipe your tears but you scrambled away from him.

"Don't." You hissed.

I'm so sorry.

You didn't bother to stay and hear his apologies.

 

_____________

 

You slammed the door behind you, taking a moment to catch your breath that had caught from anger.

You rubbed your lips forcefully with the back of your hand, as if to erase what happened just now. Kicking off your heels, you sat slumped against the door.

How could he do this to me? You thought.

 

You were angry your mind reading couldn't avoid anything. Most of the time, it only informs, not foresees. In fact, things probably wouldn't have turned out this way if you hadn't discovered he was lying about his birthday.

Ignorance, you thought, certainly seemed blissful at this point.

 

Right this moment, your phone beeped with an incoming text message.

 

"Are you home? I miss you."

Kyungsoo.

 

Suddenly, the bitterness in you gave way to gentleness.

You typed your reply slowly. "Yes. I miss you too..."

You suddenly yearned for Kyungsoo's tender touch and assuring eyes, wondering whether asking him to come down at this hour is unbecoming. But for some reason, you desperately wanted to see him.

 

"Would you be able to come down now?"

You fidgeted restlessly as you waited for his reply.

 

After what seemed like a long time, your phone beeped again.

 

"Ok."

 

____________

 

There's no explicit scene in the next chapter, but cos some readers commented it's rather erm... y, i rated it M, just to be safe, ok?