Twenty-Three

I can't read your mind

Kyungsoo was driving you home as you laid asleep at the passenger seat.

 

You felt extremely tired and conversation with Kyungsoo was minimal as you slipped into repose from time to time. You would have gone on sleeping when Dr Kim came and asked whether you'd like to go home or stay for the night. You figured you'd get better rest at home anyway and opted to go home.

Glancing over at you, Kyungsoo was stupefied by the innocent glow of your face under the passing streetlights. You looked so fragile and fatally beautiful at the same time.

 

He forced himself to pull away his gaze and concentrated on driving. But the question you asked him earlier on drifted into his mind.

 

How did he come to agree to this experiment?

And what had Chanyeol's brother got to do with your participation?

 

He bit his lower lip and with much difficulty, focused on his driving again.

 

__________________

 

It was already near 9 pm when you reached home. Kyungsoo prepared some food as you showered and placed you daintily on the sofa when you were ready to eat.

"Hmm... spaghetti." You nodded in approval.

"Sorry, that's like the only few things I can make."

"That's more than what I expected. Guys who can cook are way cool."

"Really?" He smiled as he raised his eyebrows.

And y.

You purposely said that out loud in your mind and watched as his face broke into an abashed smile again.

 

"Please don't start giving me ideas... you know how badly I've fared in that department." He groused and gave you a fork and spoon.

"Which department?" You feigned innocence.

"The 'Keeping your hands off your girlfriend especially now she is unwell' department."

You sniggered. "Well, I feel fine now."

"Still, we could have avoided that..."

You heard the remorse in his voice and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm ok, Kyungsoo-ah. By the way, this tastes great."

 

He knew you weren't lying because it was all over in your mind.

"Thanks. By the way, how are you going to find out about... you know, Chanyeol's brother?" His voice sounded casual enough, but the hint beneath his voice was still detectable.

"I guess.. I'll call Chanyeol tomorrow."

"Ok." He said shortly.

 

The two of you fell into silence. Your heart ached as you saw him picking at his spaghetti.

 

Kyungsoo-ah. You thought that out loud. He glanced at you.

"Hmmm?"

Don't worry about it ok? You will always be in my mind. Literally.

He snickered a little.

"Only for two more days, actually. Are you going to keep playing like that?" He couldn't help grinning.

For as long as it lasts. You ain't stopping me.

He gave a sigh of defeat, his lips curling into that adorable smile again.

 

Those lips.

 

Before Kyungsoo could process what you meant by that, you had already planted your lips squarely on his.

Sitting back, you watched him smiling, not unpleasantly, but dumbfounded by the gesture.

That looked so absolutely endearing you leant in to kiss him again.

This time, however, he caught your lips and engaged you.

 

Kissing Kyungsoo is addictive. His lips pulled in and slightly raised yours with just the right amount of strength. You gloated over the sensuality that filled you and mentally called out his name as the kiss quickened.

However, about five seconds into kissing, Kyungsoo suddenly pulled away, holding onto the edge of the chair for support.

 

"W-Why?" You whispered.

"Wow... that was... wow..." He gulped.

You didn't understand.

"Before, kissing you is already... hard enough for me to... not lose myself... but now, kissing you while reading your mind? It's.. it's just double the challenge. W-we... gotta stop."

You laughed. "I thought it's just random thoughts."

 

"They affect me anyway." He groaned.

"Ok, ok... we'll just eat ok?" You went back to the spaghetti.

"You know, this is the first time in a relationship I had to mentally tell myself to slow the hell down... because it's just so... difficult, you know? With you?"

"I know." You nodded gleefully.

 

I love you.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at your mental confession.

"I love you too."

 

It was then that both of you wished the night would never end.

 

 

 

___________________

 

 

ok,  a little fluff here, esp since baconanddoughnut wanted to see chef d.o in action... so there, a lil bit of it~ hahah~~ i'm not really good with describing stuff, so... it's just a mention~