Best friend?

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

Festival day came and everyone got really excited. The weather had gotten a few degrees colder but that didn’t stop anyone from being in their hyper mode. Everything was hectic and all members of the committee were busy, except for these two.

“Miss Hong Aeree? Mr Kim Myungsoo? Whhy are you two hugging the pillar?” Baekhyun came up to both of you. He was doing his hourly check and spotted you two at the side.

“Oh my gosh. Look at the detailing on this wall!” you suddenly exclaimed.

“Did you see the stage? Awesome. Sunbaenim, you guys have done a great job at the decor,” Myungsoo caught on and continued the act.

“Aeree, I’m not going to be lenient on you just because you’re my sister.  Cut the crap and get working. I didn’t let you two be the official photographers for nothing,” he pestered.

“We’re not the official ones. Sunbae is and she didn’t let us do much. The activities ended so we’re enjoying our time.”

“Tell me you didn’t. Did you forget the fall festival’s performances? You have final rehearsals, little girl.”

Your eyes widened and you instantaneously looked at your watch. 12.35pm. Myungsoo chuckled. He knew it all along but didn’t tell you. It was payback for making him late the previous day.

You started fussing and took off for the dance venue. Myungsoo silently followed you from behind, shaking his head every now and then.

“SORRY!! I know, I know!” You bustled into the room, throwing your bag to a side and bowing repeatedly.

“30 minutes. You said it ended at 12,” Daehyun looked up from his watch, frustrated.

“Sorry.  They ended late.” You immediately got into position.

“There’s the two of you. Could have asked him to take over. Mind you, it’s not just a festival, it’s a class competition.”

You knew this performance means a lot for Daehyun but he didn't have to be like this. The members were less fed up and they didn’t care much about you from the start anyways.

The group consisted of 7 people, 4 guys and 3 girls. For the weeks you’d all trained, precision, coordination and synchronisation was all you did. Because the prize was a class trip to Jeju and tickets to LOTTE WORLD, everyone was working hard for it.

Routine by routine, all seven of you got really sweaty by the time it was 3. As the real performance was later on in the evening, Daehyun suggested everyone to wash up and be back full dressed by 5. There were shower rooms in the school so you didn’t have to worry about anything except one.

“What do you mean by that? How am I supposed to cover up what I’m wearing right now?”

“So you’re going to flaunt it instead? No solution then don’t go.”

“I have to,” you groaned in frustration. Why did you even have to cover up? You looked down at your clothes. It wasn’t too thin or too thick. But you would definitely stand out amongst the others. Myungsoo walked over and chuckled. He slid his trench coat around your shoulders and pushed you out the door.

You raised your brow, glanced over your shoulders. He liked doing things that made you feel really awkward and tingly inside. Whenever Jimin kept questioning your relationship with him, you too wondered yourself. Were you just friends or more than that?

“Myungsoo! Can you take over us? Something happened and we need to leave. You and Aeree, can you?” Chaekyung, the real official photographer came rushing. She quickly ran off as soon as she saw you reacting.

“Sunbae! What about….  The other guy?” his words trailed off. You hugged the coat closer to you. He shrugged and slung his camera over his neck. “This is going to be a long night. Come on, let’s go take photos.”

A step out of the building and you were surprised to see many people. You expected just a few hundred but this was already almost a thousand. “Did we invite any idols or singers?” “We did. Nell? Or Noel? I’m not sure which one.”

Both of you walked around aimlessly, snapping shots of random things like people enjoying the food stalls handled by the other committee members and some other pre-showcase activities. You were fiddling with your camera when your finger accidentally pressed on the shutter. You didn’t bother to look at it so your camera dangling from your neck.

You went up to one every three kids to ask whether they liked this year’s festival and similar questions. It was tiring and you didn’t like talking to unknown people. So Myungsoo had to do most of the talking and you jotting down the answers.

“Why don’t you talk much? You always do,” Myungsoo asked as you two walked towards the backstage. You blinked then shook your head. You thought he didn’t know but he knew. And deep inside, he was blaming himself.

“Break a leg.” “Hope not.” “See you at the back after this. Don’t leave anything behind.” You nodded and gave him an okay while going back stage. You placed your camera on the table and quickly went the mirror to fix your clothes. Some curious person started going through your photos, one by one. She came across an off angle shot. Then she realised someone was staring at the camera. Directly.

You felt a tap on your shoulder. Your other group mate was cheering you on. You were feeling nervous but hey, this was for experience and Daehyun’s sake. Your turn came and you were suddenly overwhelmed. So much done for Daehyun. You managed to surpress the urge to run off the stage and wanted to hurl.

Yes, I tried to cast you out with a spiteful heart as I trampled on my instincts
My obsession toward you became faint
And I’m calling it all love once again
Again today, I can’t let you go or cut you out
As if I’m possessed, I chase after you, who is filled in my eyes

Myungsoo smiled to himself. You were enjoying yourself up on stage and still when it ended, you were dancing yourself off stage.

"Aereeeeeeee~" Baekhyun ran up to you. You just came out of the washroom, already changed into casual. Lucky for you, no girls were in the washroom at that moment

He hugged you and dragged you away, "Great job! I knew you could do it. You were just like how Yunwoo predicted you'd be."

"No. You thought I'll have a mental breakdown and or get an injury on stage. You actually really really wanted me to breakdown. "

"Yeah yeah. Whatever. Hyung is waiting for you outside," he waved off

"Which oppa?"

"Luhan.”

You went out of the hallway and saw Luhan holding his arms out. "Aeree! You did awesome today. Right Yeol?" Chanyeol kept silent and continued staring.

"In your face! Mehrong! Told you so!" Baekhyun stuck his tongue out.

You slapped his head. Something was wrong. Chanyeol hadn't been himself since Yunwoo left. Overprotective? Probably more than that. He disliked Daehyun and finding out Myungsoo was friends with you, he got pretty annoyed. He knew from day one, there was wrong with Myungsoo. He looked as if he was hiding something, Chanyeol could sense it.

"Did I do that bad?"

"Ah? No, you did well." Then he just walked off. He really hated himself.

Baekhyun tugged you away and you happily skipped along until your eyes widened, "MY CAMERA. "

Luhan shook his head. Baekhyun flicked your forehead and shooed you off. You dashed  to the room only to bump into someone at a corner.

“It’s here. Geez, I was wondering what took you so long to change. Took the coat and you left your camera behind. Really, Hong Aeree?” Myungsoo tsked, shaking his head.

You sheepishly grinned and snatched the camera from his hand. You guys continued walking about, taking photos of the performances and all. The show ended, but you were still finishing up your duties, recording every detail.

“Wanna grab some coffee?” Myungsoo offered as you two walked out of the gates. Baekhyun told you to go first for he had some cleaning up to do. He trusted Myungsoo to send you home before 9,

You massaged your neck, rubbing your eyes at the same time. “Coffee? Sure. But I don’t know if it will help me stay awake.”

He led you to the nearest café and ordered coffee for both. “One americano and one iced caramel latte with a lot a lot of whipped cream,” he placed it in front of you. You smiled.

The days had became much colder recently. You hadn’t had a chance to fully make use of the summer for much of it was spent on grieving. You looked at Myungsoo skimming through your photos.  Had he ever lost someone special? Somewhere deep in you, you felt he did and what he appeared to be isn’t everything.

“Yeol.” Myungsoo suddenly stopped and breathed.

“Chanyeol oppa? Where?” You turned around to see. The only person at the door was a tall guy, not as tall as Chanyeol  though.

He walked over and you saw the looks in his eyes. Somehow sinister yet blur. “I see you have a friend now L.” L?

He slid into the seat next to Myungsoo and stuck his hand out. “ Lee Sungyeol. You must be Aeree. Glad to meet you.”

You hesitantly took his handshake and he grinned. Myungsoo was still in a state of shock. You were confused, puzzled and in fear. Who was he? “I’m his best friend. The guy who he is living with.”



 

I KNOW I KNOW. I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING. ㅠ~ㅠ Secondary school life is soooooooooooooooooooo stressful. I miss primary school so much now. My whole school or at least the seniors I know are K-pop fans.. YAY! I don't have a fixed schedule but I tried to write chapters in my phone whenever I had time. And this is the result. Whadya think? Is it bad?

\

I know I know. It's been a month. :C Anyone can share any time management tips? No timetables please. I barely follow them,

ANYWAYS. Lots of love,

GloomyGom <3