He knows.

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

“I liked it better when Kyungsoo cooked. Or maybe Joonmyeong hyung’s. It’s not that bad though,” Jongdae remarked as he took a bite.

“One more complaint and we will be starving for the rest of the year until the holidays. Or you could choose to buy takeaway everyday for dinner.” Everyone immediately quieten down.

“TODAY WAS SO TIRING,” Sehun whined as he played around with his food. You chuckled. Sehun could never go through a day without whining about a thing or two.

“You should have seen the look on Jongin’s face when he found out he was enrolled into remedial lessons with that old Mrs Lee. Epic, I tell you,” Baekhyun chided. Jongin shot up and glared at the latter.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN SHUT UP. It’s your fault anyways, why wouldn’t you tutor me?” Jongin muttered. And the quarrel began. Sehun and Jongdae joined in the quarrel and soon, there was a huge argument. You were used to it and so were the four of you.

Luhan nudged you, “How’s your day? Made any new friends?” You looked up from your plate and stared at Luhan. You raised a brow at his attempt to make a conversation in the middle of them screaming.

“Great, guess. Other than Myungsoo and Jimin, I don’t think I’ve made any other friends. Oh, why did you tell me they hold a fall festival annually? I was the only one who has never heard of our school’s festival. Myungsoo knows it, and he’s from another school! You really don’t like me around, don’t you?” you mumbled over the last few sentences, frustrated that out of 13 brothers none told you about it.

“Childish as always. Myungsoo is the guy who came to our house?” Jongdae teased you. You stuck your tongue out at him. They stopped arguing, at least for now.

“That was Daehyun, stupid. Myungsoo’s the guy who you’ve been spending time during lunch, is he? With that other girl too,” Kyungsoo pushed his brother’s head.

“Yes but-“ “Youngjae’s been telling me you don’t spend time with Daehyun as much as you used to, if I’m not wrong. You rarely spend time with him as well,” Sehun pointed out.

“Well, I-“ “Youngjae also said you eat breakfast with Myungsoo every morning too. You call him ‘Wonder Boy’?” Sehun questioned.

“I can-“ “Wonder Boy? Breakfast?” Luhan’s deer-like eyes widened.

“CAN I TALK? Thank you. Yes, I spend my time with them and yes, I eat breakfast with him every day. I treat him as a friend, nothing more. That nickname, Youngjae oppa gave it because that time Chanyeol oppa left me at the café and…”

“Wait. You’re saying you met him before at the café Chanyeol left you at? He left you with a stranger at a café?” Baekhyun shot a look at Chanyeol. Chanyeol was fuming to know the guy he saw was his other rival and frustrated that he was the one who gave them a chance to meet.

You nudged Jongin to save you from this. He rolled his eyes and started stacking up all the plates into one hand and glasses in the other. “Help clear.” You immediately got his message and picked up all the dishes in top speed. You brought them to the kitchen and put them in the sink.

“You take action too quickly,” you spoke as you scrubbed the dishes. “Says the girl who made friends with an unknown guy at the stationery shop.”

“Ugh, I wished I didn’t tell you that. I hate you,” you glowered and splashed water at him. “I love you too. Soon, our little Aeree will have a boyfriend. Awww, how cute,” he remarked while wiping the plates.

You were about to rebut him but Luhan called you out to the backyard. You threw daggers at him with your eyes and left. You were wondering why he had to go out just to talk when he could do it in the kitchen.  He motioned you to sit down and you followed.  You kept fiddling with your fingers because you just felt really awkward. He stuck out his hand in the air.

“Phone.” You passed it to him, not knowing where this was going. He fiddled about until he came to an abrupt stop. The gaze in his eyes changed, he showed you the screen to you. There was the message from the man who threatened you before.

“Talk.” Luhan knew, if he let out his anger at you, you wouldn’t answer him and start being scared. You didn’t know where to start. But you didn’t want someone else to be involved in this. You made him promise not to tell anyone.

“You know how Yunwoo oppa used to hang out with those no-good guys? Well, um, there was this guy who’s been sending me messages a few weeks after oppa left. And he made a few offensive remarks about oppa and us. Suddenly, he wanted me to pay back what oppa didn’t pay. But I knew oppa didn’t owe anyone money and he didn’t take drugs nor did he drink.”

“You replied to any of his messages?” You shook your head, tears rolling down your cheeks.

“He kept saying he will hunt me down and I will end up like Yunwoo oppa if I don't do what he wants. I’m so scared. What if he really meant it? He’s capable of doing it; you have oppa’s death as a living proof. But what does he want from me? Daehyun tried to tell you guys but I didn’t let him. I didn’t want the other oppas to worry about me while working. But now you know. Just don’t tell anyone else. Please,” you begged as tears continued to flow.

Luhan didn’t know how to react. It never crossed his mind that it was this serious. He didn’t know her life was haywire eversince he left even with all 12 of them.  He made it a point to find out what was it that the guy wanted. and he needed to know more about her past. Fast.

“Wipe your tears before going up. You don’t want the other boys to know this.” He may be baby-faced and childish, but this was a serious matter.



 

*waves frantically* Anyone there?????? You guys should talk or comment more often. ㅠ~ㅠ And I need your help for my next fanfic!! Planning now so it would be easier for updates oh? And I'm starting secondary school next year so busy year up ahead. Secondary School is equivalent to High School I guess.