Daehyun's confused~

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

As weeks passed, you started spending more time with Jimin and Myungsoo and barely spoke to Daehyun. He too hadn’t had time to waste because his upcoming music tests. You used to think that without Daehyun, you would be all quiet. But now, after getting comfortable with Jimin and Myungsoo, everything changed. Well, almost.

“Aeree, wait up. Geez… you always walk too quickly,” Myungsoo caught up with you from the back.

“Maybe you’re the one who’s always too slow. Did you get anything for me?” you peeked through the plastic bag he was holding.

“For a girl everyone thought was timid, you sure are demanding.” You were smiling brightly but it turned into a frown.

You smacked Myungsoo on the arm and snatched the bag away from him. You almost got a bite from your dubboki when he took it and ran. You glared at him and started chasing after him. You both were at a small alley away from the main street so no one was there to bump into.

Meanwhile, Daehyun was also on his way to school. That day he was particularly happy because his trainer gave him a day off to rest his vocal cords from all the intense training. He wanted to spend the whole day with none other than his best friend, you. He wanted to know what went on in your life; he wanted to see your face and talk to you again.

He kept a smile on his face the whole time on the way to school. Then he spotted a small figure from a far. He immediately knew who it was by the bag and gravitated towards it. He saw you laughing alongside with Myungsoo, while munching on some packed food. Myungsoo flicked your head and you eyed him. You sulked and entered the school, leaving him behind to chase you.

This, Daehyun saw and watched. That strange feeling came back and it was much worse than before. He disliked Myungsoo being close to you, worse still touching and flicking you. He should have been happy that his anti-social best friend had friends to be with when he wasn’t there. That feeling he couldn’t explain, what was it?

“Earth to Jung Daehyun. Man, are you gonna enter the school or not?” Youngjae suddenly popped out of nowhere. He tugged him into the school with Jongup and Junhong

“How long have I and Aeree not been talking?” Daehyun finally spoke when they moved to the lockers.

“About two and a half months I guess. She’s been hanging out with Jimin and that Wonder Boy a lot. She only eats with us. Then we go on our separate ways. Why?” Junhong answered him, confused as to why he asked.

“Daedae’s jealous of Wonder Boy spending time with Aeree too much. Aww~” Youngjae sarcastically remarked.

“Never mind then. I guess I was too busy preparing for the test that I forgot my best friend.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if she forgotten you too,” Jongup spoke as he went on his way to class. That statement made everyone pause. Did she?

Daehyun walked to class with shoulder deflated head hung. His fan girls who eaves-dropped their recent conversation immediately shot laser eyes at you. And speaking of fan girls, surprise surprise, it’s the AS girls. The girls your brothers warned you of.

You saw him entering and waved at him. He coughed up an insincere ‘good morning’ and a tiny smile. You sensed something was wrong and thought it was because of all the upcoming examinations and his additional test. You wanted to ask him why but the teacher came in and started settling down.

“Okay class, since it is early October now, the fall festival is coming up! If you don’t know what the fall festival is about, it is where the school gives a chance for the students to showcase their talents. Every class will send representatives to do a performing act on stage by the end of October. So I hope you guys would put up a great performance and do our class proud,” the homeroom teacher announced.

You got really intrigued because your previous school didn’t have any fall festivities or celebrations. You poked Jimin to ask more about the exciting festival.

“Well, one thing’s for sure, if you’re involved in any part of the festival, be it the performance or the committee, you get to skip some classes for it. A class has to send a minimum of 3 people to perform. For the committee thing, you can ask the teacher if you want to take part,” Jimin answered.

Class was as boring as usual but because of the morning announcement, it became the topic of every conversation. Daehyun slid to the seat in front of you as you took out your things for lunch.

“Joining us for lunch today? No trainings whatsoever?” you asked, still searching for your wallet.

“Yeah, the trainer finally realised I needed a break. You don’t want me to be here?” he asked before taking a big gulp from your bottle.

“No, but I’m wondering whether you mind sitting with Myungsoo. Come on, let’s go,” you tugged his arm.

“Only if you start singing that weird song, I don’t.” Daehyun answered with a smile. He loved you in his arms, be it holding it or hugging it. He envied Myungsoo a lot then. And he still does now. He wanted to spend the day with you. But knowing how delicate and fragile you are, he was worried that Myungsoo might hurt you.

“MYUNGSOO-AH~ Daehyunnie’s spending lunch period with us~” Guess not.

All of you entered the cafeteria and lined up to take your food. During the whole time, Jimin was trying her best to make a conversation with Daehyun whom she admired a lot. The only downside was his attention was on his best friend, you. You were happily giggling and chatting with your ‘Wonder Boy’.

“You like photography right? Join me in the committee!” Myungsoo offered.

Before you could even answer, Daehyun beat you to it, “No, she’s on the performance team with me.”

“It’s alright. So am I. they say you can do both at the same time. What do you say Aeree?”

You were very puzzled and didn’t know why Daehyun was acting all weird like that. You were afraid to hurt both of their feelings so,” Let’s eat first then we discuss about this.”



 

Here I am, at a corner in my bedroom, typing this right before I go to sleep. OKAY GOSH. I can't be consistent in my schedule. Even my eating schedule isn't consistent. >< Hope you guys like this! Critisms are allowed.