I see.

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

“Aeree! We’re going first! Annyeong!” the boys said as they packed their bags

You stared at them as they zoomed past you, leaving only traces of their dust behind. Sighing, you stood up and entered the hallway. No large crowds around.

“Short Girl!” you shot up upon hearing the name. You looked around and there he was, waving frantically at you. You hid your face and hurried off. He chased you from behind and with his long legs, he caught up with you.

Life was so unfair. And unfair it was. He stood there right in front of you. You had nowhere to run off too. “Can I walk home with you?” he asked. You didn’t know how to react so you gave him a slight nod and continued walking.

“So were the guys with you during lunch your friends? Whoa, I wished I had friends like them.” He sounds friend-less. His sudden quirkiness had an effect on you. It made him sound more innocent. But he was so talkative that you wanted to shove a bun into his mouth.

“I only have a friend and we live together. When I saw you and your friends, it immediately reminded me of that friend of mine, we loved fighting against each other and all. But now he barely spends time with me. So I thought moving schools would be fun. Don’t you think?” Myungsoo spoke in bullet train speed and turned to face you.

You shook your head no as you listened to him babbling on about his life. This was really outstanding as not many people are as outspoken as he was. He simply didn’t mind sharing his thoughts to someone he’d just met a few months ago.

“When I met you the second time, I felt comfortable around you. But I still hadn’t had a chance to get your name, so what is it?”

“Hong Aeree.” You answered him in an abrupt manner. His mind wandered off for a while. It seemed as though your name reminded him of something – or someone- and that made you even curious about him after hearing that he was not all that bubbly.

Your phone rang, interrupting both your thoughts. You picked it up, only to hear a loud yell and a call for help. You hung up and stuffed your phone in your pockets. You let out a loud huff.

“Who was it? Your parents?” Myungsoo asked in a voice tinged with great curiosity. Well, he was open about his personal life and you could too. Only you didn’t want to. You shook you head again.

“I should go now,” you spoke before turning into an alleyway leading straight to your house. You found out a lot about him but he did not gain anything from you. It made you feel bad because he spent his time walking with you but you just shooed him away.

You’ve got a new message! You stared at your phone before shutting it and shoving it in your pocket. You entered the house. It was anything but ordinary. But it was a normal thing for you. You went straight up to your room and lay down on your bed.

You looked for your phone in your pocket and switched it on. New message from Baekhyun Oppaa. Aeree, tomorrow the guys are going back to China since they’re going back to their jobs. Dinner at 8, your favourite restaurant. Baekkie oppa, out!

One message from Daehyunnie. At home already? Heard that wonder boy went home with you? Your yeobo knows it all. Did he do anything to you? Reply me!

You let go of your phone and stared at the ceiling. There were these little stars you and Yunwoo pasted when you guys just moved in. it glowed in the dark but in the daytime, it blended into the surroundings.  The stars held a lot of memories and it had been there since

You’d spent a lot of time staring at it that you lost track of time. Two hours had passed and you were still in your uniform.  You rushed out of bed and into the bathroom. You took a quick shower and got into some basic skinnies and pullovers. You grabbed your phone, keys and wallet before rushing out of the house.

“Oppa! Where are you?” you called Baekhyun right as you left your neighbourhood.

“Where are YOU?” he pointed out as you heard some background chattering.

“Sorry! It’s only 7.30pm though. I’m late aren’t I?” you spoke between breaths.

“Nah, half of us are here. The other half isn’t here yet. But keep running; I can see you from here. We haven’t entered the restaurant yet,” Baekhyun replied as he craned his neck.

“Aish- Saw you!” you yelled as you quickened your steps as fast as you could.

You stopped right in front of Baekhyun, trying to catch your breath. He was casually dressed just like you were, but you couldn’t say much for the rest coming later. You glanced around to look for the other guys but Baekhyun said they were already inside.

“A table for two? The receptionist asked.

“No, we’re here under the reservation for Kim Minseok.”

The receptionist then ushered us to an enclosed room, particularly used for private events. You clung onto Baekhyun although this was your favourite restaurant; you’ve never been to this part.

“Boyfriend?” the receptionist asked as she opened the door for you. You immediately shook your head. She nodded approvingly then left.

You were dumbfounded but you quickly shook it off and saw the rest were also casually dressed as you were. It wasn’t anything much, just that it would be awkward if they were in suits and you were in jeans and pullovers.

Soon, the other boys entered and everyone settled down. The main point for dinner that evening was to celebrate the last night of you guys eating together. More like just sitting around together and talking.

You didn’t want to talk; you had a lot in your mind, just like Yixing beside you. The two of you were contented in eating and didn’t make a single sound.

“Yah, Zhang Yixing. Hong Aeree. What is it? Did Yixing spread the thinking disease to you?” Kris joked but he didn’t look like he was joking.

“A lot. In my mind. Sorry. Go on talking though,” you spoke incomplete sentences which made the boys worry more about you.

“No kidding. Yixing really did spread it.”

“Wah, daebak. My next blind date, Yixing spread it to me.”

“Are you sick, Aeree?”

“Why am I the topic right now?”

And soon, it became a buzz. Some started imitating the way you spoke. Others were back into their own conversation. It’s rare to have all 13 of you together. Which reminded you about the main reason why you all were gathered here.

“So which one of you are staying behind? Apart from the other oppas schooling?”

“Me, Yixing, Minseok, Zitao and Joonmyeong are leaving. Tomorrow, right after you return from school, we’re heading to the airport.”

“How long?” you were afraid to ask this but the curiosity in you prevailed.

“2 years. We may not return for Thanksgiving and Christmas depending on our schedules. Some may return before, some may return after.”

“And even after two years, we have projects after that so it may take a long time,” Joonmyeong added, adding fuel to the fire.

“Oh” was all you could say. Which mean there would only be Luhan at home since the others have to study for their respective examinations. Then there would be lesser people at home. And lesser people means the house would be empty, your mind will be far less focused.

 It’s gonna be much lonelier now.



 

My deaaar readers.... WAE YOU SO QUIET? It seems as though no one's reading it.. T~T Haish. Nevermind that, so the story is slowly riding up the hill. Ah, yes. That call for help. I'll tell you why later on. I haven't had enough time but luckily I have only 3 papers left! YIPPEE! Then, I'll write all I want! Keke...

Comments are greatly appreciated! I give hugs too <3