Pancakes and Songs

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

“So, are we going to call that ‘Wonder’ boy of yours over or not?” Youngjae asked for the umpteenth time during lunch.

“Aish, why do you want him to sit here?! It’s not like you know him or anything. And I’ll murder you if you just want to scare him away,” you slammed your plate on the table.

“Let me do it. You guys are no fun. Jongup-ah! I need your happy vibe!” Youngjae stood up and dragged poor Jongup with him. You hung your head low in frustration. There was a particular reason why you didn’t want to sit with him.

All three of you stared at them, wondering how badly they would embarrass themselves. They immediately turned back before they even reached him.  Youngjae kept muttering something under his breath, which was not new.

“Why? Is he too wonderful for the brain to handle?” Junhong teased Youngjae with a slight tinge of curiosity in his voice.

“NO, Choi Junhong. Hong Aeree, what’s the matter with you? That guy, please note that I am straight, was freaking handsome and you didn’t want to date him?! OR even get closer to him? I’m disappointed in you, little girl. Very disappointed,” Youngjae babbled as he took his seat.

“WHAT?!”

“You’re not straight!”

“That’s why we came back here?!”

“I should tell you part two of everything, shouldn’t i?” you spoke, making everyone turn their heads towards you.

“So………….

FLASHBACK.

“Aww, we’re here again?!” you pouted as the four of you stood in front of the Gucci store.

“Tsk tsk… one can never have enough Gucci items. And plus, you need new things. Clothing, bags, makeup product…” Tao replied.

“I’m the girl of the house and yet, I don’t act like this. How can you afford all of these but not pay your telephone bills?” you grumbled as you entered the store.

The other two, Kris( Yay, Taoris) and Chanyeol, were facepalming themselves. No one can understand the true meaning of embarrassment until you go through what they went through.

Inside, it was barely like paradise. Every corner you went, there will always be something Tao wants. By the time you reached the counter, your arms were filled with clothes and bags.

“Now choose. I’m not buying everything obviously.”

You stared the pile before picking up a duffel bag and a pair of sunglasses. Kris had to hold you back to choose those two for you didn’t like Gucci. At all.

You stared at Chanyeol  who had the same intention as you did. He grabbed hold of your hand and ran all the way into the crowd. In the middle of Hongdae at a time like this, the possibility of you getting lost was high. Furthermore, the crowd around you made you feel really uncomfortable. The brushing of shoulders and hitting of handbags. Ugh, irritating!

“Do you want to eat here again?” Chanyeol’s low voice broke your chain of thoughts. You looked up to find the café the both of you went before.

“LEGGO! I want pancakes!” you hollered as you skipped through the entrance of the café.

The waiter who once waited you chuckled at your gestures. That day, the café was almost empty despite the large moving crowd outside. You indulged the ice-cream Chanyeol bought for you.

Apparently, Kris needed an extra hand carrying the bags Tao bought. And he ditched me. well at least there’s pancakes. One may never go wrong with pancakes.

“Nom nom, pancakes. I love pancakes. Yummy yummy pancakes. Muahaha, all mine. No stupid Chanyeol to steal it. No weird Minseok to grab it away. All mine~” you sing-songed as you fed yourself happily.

“One does not simply sing songs to themselves while eating pancakes,” a voice boomed out of nowhere. Well not literally but you get what I mean.

“The guy at the stationary shop. Remember? Or does those pancakes wipe off your memory from 1 month ago?” he waved.

You offered him to sit down as you thought back. He chuckled and ruffled your hair. He placed his meal on the table and ate with you. Hogod, he sing-songs too! But with his waffles. So together, you guys made a whole 3-minute long song filled with mouthfuls of pancakes and waffles.

You didn’t think he would be willing to suddenly do that. Who would? And because of that, you were attracted to him for some reason.

“Brainfreese~” he muttered as he squirmed in his seat. You giggled at the sight and mimicked him. Soon, you were already slurping your 2nd milkshake and he was finishing his first cheesecake. Before that, you had two plates of pancakes covered with maple syrup and chocolate alongside with a blueberry pie. He on the other hand, had already three plates of waffles and the cheesecake he was eating.

“Come on, let’s go out!” he stood up and got out.

“Argh, I feel so fat…” he whined as he rubbed his belly.

“I thought you were already fat? The first time I saw you, you looked fat. Hmm? I wonder whether all those waffles are doing their job,” you sarcastically remarked.

The fact that he tries to start a conversation between the two of you made you feel very attached to him. Although he talks about the randomest things, you liked him a lot.

“I just realised something,” he said between sips of bubble tea.

“What? That you’ve been munching on something eversince I met you in the café?” you replied.

“REALLY? I was talking about how short you are.”

“I’m 167!”you retorted.

“180. Hehe. I win, short girl.”

END OF FLASH BACK.

“So the reason why you don’t want to sit with him is because you will remember the songs with him?” Youngjae spoke in disbelief.

“It’s okay. I know how you feel,” Junhong patted your head, trying to comfort you.

“That’s embarrassing.”

“How dare you eat there without telling me? And with him?! I’m your yeobo for god’s sake! And yeobos tell-“

“DAEHYUN! SHUT UP!” Youngjae stuffed a muffin into his mouth.

“YAH! STOP. It’s embarrassing.”

-----------------------------

I ship them LIKE HELL! <3 Comments are loved, Subscriptions too ^_~