Sunny

A Protector Of Light

The kings got up automatically the next morning without help from the Greats this time. They were actually really excited to see their queen at school. Who would have thought? She was actually in the same school as them. How lucky is that?
The only thing to wonder about was which class she was in. I guess they were going to have to see when they got to school.

Everyone dressed in their best clothes. They made sure they were completly clean and ready.
One of the Greats drove them to school in silence but was still suspicious from their behavior from last night. They all whispered to each other in the most paculiar way. He can barely make out any words. It was because of Sehun who had turned up the music a little louder then usual. When they got to school, the boys made their way quickly out the car. Before they left, the Great yelled out, "Make sure to tell me what happened today." By that he left.

When the boys entered their big school, they ran over to their lockers. Xiumin said, "Where do you think Sunny is?"
"Don't know," Lay answered. "I'm really sure she's somewhere in one of our classes."

"I feel so desperate to see her again guys. I want Sunny now." Kai said.

"Hey just calm down now." Kris nudged him. "I'm sure your going to see her. No need to exaggerate."
The boys glared at Kris. Kris ignored them and grabbed one of his books. "I know you can't wait to see her too Kris." Beakhyun whispered to him. Kris threw a look at him but Beakhyun only smiled.
The bell rang and the boys said goodbye to each other before dispursing to their respective ways. Soon the walls were clear of kids, almost.

Sunny had came to school late and had to rush dressing herself. She rushed inside the front door and nearly slipped. She huffed anxiously and quickly fixed herself and continued running to class.
When she turned a corner she bumped into someone.

The two both fell down with a hard thump and Sunny groaned. The person she bumped graned and picked himself up. "Aish. What in the hell. . ." The boy stopped and looked down at the Sunny. Sunny looked up and noticed she had bumped into Kai.
Kai gasped and covered his mouth mentally slapping himself for he had just cursed at his queen.

Sunny moaned out, "Oh, hey Kai."

"Oh my god," Kai started helping her pick her stuff up. "I am so sorry. I didn't know it was you Sunny."
Kai held out her bag and she took it from him, having her fingers brush against his. "It's okay Kai." Kai helped Sunny up. Kai took a moment to stare at Sunny. Even in just jeans and a plain T-shirt she still looked gorgeous. Kai then snapped out of it. "Uh, Sunny, where were you heading exactly?" Sunny straightened her hair. "My singing class. But I forget where it is. Is it upstairs or downstairs?"

Kai pointed to the staircase going down. "Downstairs in the basment."

Sunny nodded but then furrowed her eyebrows. "Did you say basement?" Kai nodded and shrugged. "People told me that's where the last class room for performing arts had to be because the lack of classes on the second and third floors."

Sunny nodded. "Okay. Well I have to go, I don't want to be too late on my first day."

Before she could scamper away Kai grabbed her arm. "Um, do you want me to show you where the class is?"

Sunny nodded and they both headed downstairs.
In the basement the halls were a little narrow and the paint on the walls really chipped. "A little dirty." Sunny muttered.
Kai nodded.
"Oh, by the way," Kai started. "Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Sehun are in vocal also, so you won't be there by yourself."


Sunny nodded and they stopped in front of the doorway of vocal music class. The teacher stopped his talking and looked at two. The students eyes followed. Xiumin, Chanyeol, Sehun almost stood up at the sight of Sunny. Kai caught their look and he smiled and blushed.

"Well," the singing teacher said. "I was wondering where the student had gone off to. Come in and sit miss Sunny."

Sunny waved to Kai and she made her way int the class. Kai pointed to his brothers, then Sunny, and made a gesture with his hand for them to talk. Then he left.
"Lee Sunny, sit down there with mister Chanyeol."

Sunny waved at the boys as she went and sat down next to them. Chanyeol vigorously waved at her and gave her a toothy smile. Sunny tried not to laugh and waved back. She waved at Xiumin and Sehun also and they waved back blushing.
While the teacher went on talking Sunny leaned in to Chanyeol. "Your in vocal music?" she asked. Chanyeol nodded. "I can't wait to hear you sing Chanyeol. And then when you get singing down, you could talk to me too."
Chanyeol started flustering furiously. Sunny felt his forhead and his cheeks. "You okay?"
Chanyeol pursed his lips and nodded slowly. Sunny set her hands on her lap. She was in grossed into the lesson so she didn't noticed the three brothers kept glancing at her. The teacher went on explaining of vocal practices. He told that each row will take turns in the 'Do Re Mi' tune in going higher with each note.

Each row took their turns and then it came to the last row. One student went, another, another, then Xiumin, Sehun, but Chanyeol didn't say anything. Everyone looked at him.

"Chanyeol," the teacher called. "You were supposed to sing So."

Chanyeol frowned and nodded. He bowed apologetically to the class and looked at Sunny with a lowered eyes. "Last row again." the teacher said.

The row started again and finally when it got to Chanyeol he only said the word like a whisper.

The teacher walked over to the row and looked at Chanyeol sternly. "What is wrong with you today? Your usually one of the best with singing here Chanyeol. What happened?"
The teacher knew Chanyeol wouldn't talk so he looked to his brothers.

"Chanyeol is probably a little distracted or something sir," Chanyeol knew Sehun knew the distraction was Sunny. "He just needs to get his head together."
The teacher huffed. "Well then, we'll just skip Chanyeol in the line for now."

While the teacher walked away Sunny whispered to Chanyeol, "Don't worry Chanyeol, you'll feel better in a while."

Chanyeol nodded and fiddled with his fingers.

 

____________

 

 

"Are you still okay Chanyeol?" Sunny asked as they exited the room. Chanyeol nodded. Sehun and Xiumin were on either side of Sunny and Chanyeol.
Sunny turned to Xiumin. "I don't get it. If Chanyeol can't talk, how come he can sing?"

Xiumin answered, "Well, the brothers wanted him in something that can make sound come out if his mouth. Kris didn't want the rest of the students to think he some kind of mute, so we put him in singing."
Sehun looked at Sunny. "Up until now he's been doing pretty good."

Chanyeol glared at him. Sehun smirked and looked away from him. Chanyeol took out his notebook and turned to a clean sheet of paper. He took his pen and wrote down, 'I'm okay! I was just distracted.'
Sunny took his pen and wrote down below his note, 'What were you thinking about?'
She couldn't just let him stay silent by himself, so she joined in with him.

Chanyeol took the pen but paused when the tip landed on the paper. He couldn't tell Sunny he was thinking about her, not yet. He glanced at Sunny and quickly jolted down, 'Just other things.'
After Sunny read it Chanyeol closed his notebook.
Sunny looked at the clock in the main hall. "Oh, I have to go to next class. I don't want to be late again. Bye bye."

As Sunny ran away, the three couldn't look away. It had only been one night that they were away from her. But now it feels so much better today since it's a whole day with her. The three boys looked at each other and their cheeks flushed a bright red.

"Yah Chanyeol," Xiumin said. "Your lucky. You just got the most attention in class."

Chanyeol smiled and shrugged.
"Wonder which class she's in." Sehun said.

"Hopefully somewhere with others." Xiumin said

 

____________

 

 

Sunny ran over to theater on the second floor. With her prone for clumsiness, she had slipped on some spilled water on the floor and fell on her bottom. Some pens fell out her bag and she groaned as she picked them up. "Why am I so clumsy today?" she asked herself.
She spilled the pens in her bag and picked herself up.

She turned the corner and saw a few kids entering the theater room. Sunny suddenly stopped when she saw the familiar person outside the door, sitting on the floor quietly writing in his notebook. Kris.
Sunny smiled slightly and walked to the door. Kris didn't even bother to look up.
Sunny stopped in the doorway and leaned down to Kris's head. "Class is starting."

Kris immediately shut his notebook and looked up at Sunny with a stern look. His expression quickly changed when he caught sight of Sunny.
He stood up and cleared his throat. "Hey Sunny."

Sunny waved back. "I just wanted to tell you class is starting. Are any other of your brothers in here?"
"Uh. . ." Kris seemed a little nervous around Sunny. That's actually a little strange, he never get's nervous.

"Yeah." Kris answered. "D.O and Beakhyun are in here too."
Sunny nodded and entered the room while Kris followed.

The room was intirely white and there was of course a small stage in the front of the room. There was nothing else but chairs and the teacher's desk.

"You like acting?" Sunny asked. Kris kept turning a bit red and Sunny noticed. "Does it run in the family to blush easily."

Kris cleared his throat again and nervously smiled. "Well, you can say that. We have a blushing disorder."
Sunny laughed at his joke and caught sight of D.O and Baekhyun talking together. She ran up to them and leaned down to their heads. "Hello guys!"
Baekhyun and D.O did a double take and quickly smiled to Sunny. "Hey girl!" Baekhyun said. Sunny made her way around the seats and sat inbetween the two. Baekhyun and D.O strangly felt giddy inside and Kris shook his head at them. Although as he sat next to Sunny, he couldn't ignore the increasing speed of his heart.

During the class the teacher had a few students recite poems or scenes from other plays. Since Sunny was the new student, she could only watch and listen and jolten down notes for the class. She thought the best of the three was definatly D.O, or Kyungsoo because that's his real name, for he had looked so lovable during his acting. When he recited 'The Lover's Complaint' by Shakespeare he kept glancing at Sunny, giving her those soft looks.
The people seem to always clap loudest when the brothers went up. Even claping for Kris's emotionless reading for poems.

The rest of the morning, Sunny realised she was also in dance class with Kai, Chen, and Lay. They seemed really surprised to see her but also very happy. Sunny got to see the three's great dancing. The boys always glanced and smiled at her. Sunny waved back and wanted to dance too, but it was still her first day so she had to just watch.
After that class was over it was time for lunch.

Sunny headed to lunch with the brothers and they all sat together in one big table. The girls at other tables envied that the new girl got to sit with the twelve brothers olny on her first day. The kings finally got to make conversation with their queen and it was so fun for them.
Kai revealed his sweet side to Sunny. Chen remained calm threw out the lunch although he felt the same as everyone else. The same with Kris.
Even Suho, the depressing one, couldn't help but smile all day long. Chanyeol as usual remained quite and he communicated with Sunny only through pen and paper.

After lunch, Sunny went to her regular classes which were downstairs in the basement.
She didn't have any other classes with the boys except Luhan was in her math class, while Chen was in art.

At the end of the day it was dissapointing to see Sunny going home. Sunny actually had a really great day with the boys and was definant they were becoming the best of friends.

The kings once again came home pink-faced and a little swooned. Sunny was all in their heads and their hearts.

When they got home, the Great that drove them to school asked them, "What happened at school today?"

The kings glanced at each other. "Nothing."