Verdict

A Protector Of Light

 Sunny’s eyes fluttered open, slowly. The room around her was slowly coming into view. Bright sunlight was shining into the room. It was brown, made of wood. And the light was coming from her large window with the ocean view. Sunny squinted as she looked below her. She was covered in four layers of blankets, and she was sweating a little bit. Her clothes were changed too: her long Bugs Bunny night shirt was on. Sunny reached to look at the time on her clock. 10:34 a.m. Wait. Where was I?
 Sunny’s head suddenly had a splintering head-ache. She rubbed her temples as flashes from last night came into her mind.

 Four of those girls entering in the dining room, while she was having dinner with the boys.
 Chaerin’s eyes turning into the shape of a cat. Minzy’s dark and evil laugh. Dara’s smirking giving her chills up her spine. Bom’s ice cold grip to her hand. . . But that panicking look she gave Sunny. Like she wanted nothing to happen to her.
 “Oh. . . Ow. . .” Sunny moaned. More flashing came. The room swirling with wind, the sound of a grand father clock, the dining table shaking violently. Those girls made the boys angry. They stood and demanding that they let her go. And the last thing she knew, she was ripped from Bom’s tight grip and they were blown out of the house. And then she fainted.

 It went by so fast. How did all of that happen? What was going on with those girls?
 And. . . Their father said something about the Fallen. How they were no match against them and. . . a Protected. What could that mean? Was it possible they were talking about her? It was so much to take in. Along with the boys leaving.
 Sunny was ready to burst into tears as she came to realization. They were leaving. Even after Tao said that was never going to happen. Why? Oh, why?

 “Good morning.” a voice said. Sunny looked up. Her mother was in the door way, carrying a tray of water with pancakes on a plate. Lynn was smiling, until she caught the look from Sunny. Then she turned into a concerned parent.
 “Sunny. What’s wrong?” Lynn walked over to her and gently set the tray down on Sunny’s lap.

 “Why do you look so sick now?” she asked, rubbing Sunny’s head.

 Sunny looked down. She noticed how pale she looked. felt a little dry. Sunny took a sip of her water.

 “You looked a lot happier when you came in, but then you went straight to bed. Is there something you would like to tell me?”

 Sunny had no memory of coming in last night. She fainted. That’s it.
 Kris said to the girls to let go of their girl. Her. She was there’s. That made Sunny’s heart flutter a little bit. But if they cared for her so much, why are they leaving?

 “Sunny?” Lynn cooed. Sunny looked her. She shook her head.

 “It’s fine mom. I had a good time last night. Thanks for the pancakes.” Sunny took a bite out of them. “Their really good, as usual.”

 Lynn nodded. “Okay, sweetie. I’ll just. . . leave out.” She had some kind of unsure look on her face. Lynn’s eyes glossed over for a moment as she stood up and walked to the door.

 Sunny then called her back. “Mom,”
 Lynn looked back. “Yes, love.”

 Sunny chewed and swallowed her food, and asked, “Can I ask you something?”

 Lynn leaned against the door way. “Of course.”

 “Well, I just want to know. . . What do you know about the Fallen.”

 Lynn’s eyes ghosted over. She tightened the belt on her robe and cleared . “I never you would ask me something like that.”

 Sunny looked down, and shrugged. “What exactly are they? Can you tell me?”

 Lynn sighed. She walked over to the bed and slowly sat down. She started off slowly.
 “Well, the first story takes place in the Bible. It was the story of the fallen angles. They were wicked and rebellious angles that had been casted out of Heaven. The term was used to describe angles who sinned or angles cast down to Earth from the War of Heaven.”

 “What do they look like?” Sunny asked.

 Lynn narrowed her eyes. “Why do you want to know?”

 Sunny shrugged. “I think I heard one of my friends say something about it before, but I can’t remember. Can you explain more?” Sunny really wanted to what was the deal last night.

 Lynn sighed. “Fine.” she continued. “They were normally angles, but with black wings. But some didn’t even have wings. They were very hard to detect unless they showed themselves to you.”

 “How would they show themselves?”

 “The only way I know is by showing them their wings. And, there’s always this smell. . . some thing quite sweet, which is very surprising since the Fallen aren’t very sweet.” Lynn joked.

 Sunny remembered that sweet and choking smell. Which was coming from Bom.

 “What else? Is that the only Fallen that exist?” Sunny asked, getting anxious.

 Lynn seem to hesitate before answering. “Well. . . there is the mythical version of them. But I know so little.”
 Sunny waved her hand for her to go on.

 Lynn took a breath. “From what I remember, it’s the same story from the Bible, but to become Fallen is to go through a blood ritual. You must spill your blood in a glass of Fallen blood and drink it.” Lynn scrunched her nose. “Then, you are to slowly become a creature. Half-human, half. . . something else. I can’t remember. And that’s all I can remember.” Lynn shrugged.

 Half-human, half something else. Like those girls. How their skin seemed to tighten, and you could see their veins and skulls. It was disgustingly horrifying. It was so much. And it could explain what happened last night.
 Sunny cleared , and nodded. “Thanks, mom. I just wanted to know.”

 Lynn smiled. “No problem. Anymore questions?”

 Sunny shook her head. “No. I just want to eat now.”

 Lynn nodded. She stood up and headed to the door. She looked back at Sunny, her eyes lingering upon her before walked to the leaving room.
 In the living room, Bernie sat on the couch, his head in his hands. He looked up to Lynn, his eyes ghostly and his skin so pale. Lynn pursed her lips, and walked over beside him. She put a comforting hand on his back and kissed his cheek. But Bernie just stood up and walked to the stairs silently.


                                                          * * * *

 “I want to know now, how the hell they got in here.” Kris gripped on to the table. He gritted his teeth.
 Last night made such a ruckus. Everyone came up to them, wanting to know if they were alright, how the dining room got into such a mess, and who that was in Kim’s arms. He had ran her back home, putting her to bed. He put a spell on the parents to make them think she came in through the front door.
 Then him and Lance set out everywhere to see where those girls went. They were no where to be found. They were either hiding under ground, or were transported back to the Kingdom.

 Now the Greats and the boys stood in the middle of Kris’s work room. Desks lined up against the walls, and were filled with vials and potions alike. Along with diagrams, maps, and drawn pictures of the people, creatures, and the Fallen.

 The Fallen is what they were most worried about. The broke through their force field and tried to be kept in. With Sunny. Taking away her energy, like feeding off of her. That was the thought that made the boys so disgusted. The idea of them feeding off of her energy, like she was part of the food on the table.
 They didn’t even think they could get into the city undetected, much less Earth it self.

 Kim sighed. “The only explanation we could come up with is the shield losing it’s power. It was at it’s most vulnerable, which made it breakable.”

 Kris in a breath. He turned to them. “And what they were doing here?”

 “I’m guessing to take a look at Sunny. Send a message to their Fallen brethren.”

 “I was thinking about what they said, Great.” Luhan said, standing up. “About Sunny being a Shell. That can’t be true right? She has the bright aura and everything.”

 “But she’s wingless.” Chen muttered. Luhan turned to him, throwing him a look.

 “Don’t say that. Kim?”

 Kim sighed, then shook his head. “Do not worry. They were just saying things. Shells can develop power. Think about what happened to Chanyeol.”
 It was true. Chanyeol started out as a shell, not having powers as soon as he was born. But as soon as Chanyeol turned seventeen, he nearly set his room on fire when he got angry at Sehun for spilling a bucket of water on top of him.

 “It really does happen on rare occasions. Don’t let them get your hopes down.” Lance said, giving a reassuring smile.

 “But,” Baekhyun stood. “How did Sunny keep them in for so long? Protected can’t usually do that. Me and the boys were wondering. . .”

 Kris widened his eyes. “No.” He pointed a finger to him and glared. “Don’t you dare think that. Most Shells don’t even become Fallen on their own.”

 Kim set and hand on Kris’s shoulder, and he instantly calmed down.
 “Kris is right. They are stronger now, and Bom may have developed a new power. That of which I can’t clarify too well.”

 Baekhyun nodded and sat back down. Last night, him, Chanyeol, Luhan, Lay, and Sehun talked about the topic. How only some Shells could end up with dark powers, therefore becoming Fallen. It was so shocking, but that could be the secret to Sunny’s hidden powers. How they could stay in with her help, her energy.

 “What do we do about them?” Kris asked, crossing his arms.

 Kim and Lance gave each other a look.
 Kim shook his head. “They know now. And there’s nothing we can do. It’s a sign.”

 Kris nodded. “So,” he walked towards them. The rest of the boys stood, circling them.
 “What’s the verdict?”

 Kim sighed. “We leave. . . tonight.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm on a roll with updates guys! I've more time to make more chapters. You may be looking
 at one update a week :)

Did you enjoy this update? What's your opinion on the Fallen? Who is them?
 Love ya! See you again soon!~