It Gets Better

A Protector Of Light

 You would think Sunny’s mood would get a little better after some time, but so far the kings have seen nothing change. They’ve seen Hyun-Woo and Hee-su hanging around all the time now, in the most lovey-dovey way possible. The boys had to fight to gag when everyone else awed at their affection.
 Sunny. . . was hard to explain. She wasn’t always as happy as she was before. Yes, she would throw smiles here and there, but on the other hand it was hard to keep Sunny talking.
 The boys found it utterly 
ridiculous . The two couldn’t have been that close that one would be jealous of the other.

 One day, Hee-su came up to Suho in the hallway while he was putting away his jacket. “Suho.” she called.
 Suho turned to see Hyun-Woo’s girlfriend. He straightened up and looked at her. “Yes?”

 “My history book is lost, and I’m going to need another one. Can you show me where I can find spares?”

 Suho shrugged. “Of course.”
 He motioned for her to follow him. He felt sort of strange around Hee-su, it’s been like this every since he and the others found out about her. Suho stole a glance at her. Her skin slightly glowed below the school’s florescent lights. Her short hair wisped this way and that, almost naturally. She wore a pair of shorts and a white buttoned up shirt tucked in. Her sneakers were beat up, being held together with will power and some duct tape. Interesting. She was some kind of creation, but she looked entirely human.
 Lay and Sehun one time debated on what the Greats made her out of, basing it on the myths in their books.

 Sehun said she could be made of star-stuff. Back then, the angles, bright and fallen, were formed once a star had exploded. The stars particles would come together and slowly form the shiniest of human skin, making it glow. Black hair from the essence of space, and wings that would grow from their backs. Basically, he was saying that Hee-su was some kind of nephilim, a half-human, half-angle. Minus the wings of course. Lay questioned his theory, saying that Hee-su doesn’t have wings. Sehun replied that the Greats might have cut them off.
 Lay said she could be made of clay. Ancient ones in India once created a woman so beautiful from a clay figure. The process would go: create the clay model, fill their bowl with water, blow in the face of the model while one spills their blood upon it, and then light it on fire. The flames of the fire slowly sears the clay until it hardens completely and starts to mush into skin, hair, blood and bones. Everyone voted for that theory. Except Chanyeol and Luhan, who would always stick by with Lay.

 Suho, along with Kris, stayed silent during the quarrels.
 Kris has been quiet for some time now. A little more then usual, which some of the brothers have grown suspicious about.

 “It’s Kris guys,” Kai said. “Give him a break.”

 It’s still strange, even for him.
 Suho and Hee-su headed towards the office. They walked up to the woman at the desk, by the name of Ms.Williams. “What could I do for you students?” she asked.

 Suho pointed to Hee-su. “Hee-su here doesn’t have a history book. She needs one or she’s in trouble.”

 Ms.Williams nodded. “I understand.”
 She stood from her desk and headed to one of the drawers against the walls. She opened it and lifted up and new history book. She walked up to Hee-su and gestured to the book. “This one is brand new and in good condition. Take good care of it, don’t lose it.”

 Hee-su nodded. “I understand, teacher. Thank you.” she smiled. Suho starred at her. The smile was so familiar, so bright. Like starring away would be painful.

 “Okay, off to class you two.” Ms.Williams waved them off. Hee-su and Suho nodded and exited the office.
 “Thank you Suho.” Hee-su faced her. “The history teacher would have had a fit if I came in without my gear.” she waved the book in the air. Suho was mesmerized. Her voice, that smile. He smiled. “No problem.”

 Hee-su giggled.
 She started walking backwards, and she suddenly lost her footing. Hee-su yelped as she started to fall backwards. Suho reacted quickly. He lunged forward, grabbing for her arm. Hee-su’s books fell from her care. Now the two stood face to face, Hee-su staring up at him with surprised eyes. Suho held his breath. Her skin was in fact smooth. Her eyes sparkled, making Suho freeze for a small moment.
 The spell was broken when Hee-su let go of Suho’s arm. She brushed her hair behind her ear and lowered her head. “Um, thanks.”

 Suho nodded and stepped back. “Sorry about that. . . the um. . . you know. . . starring and all. . .” he trailed off.
 Hee-su nodded and went to pick up her books. Once she gathered them all, she bowed to Suho again. “Thanks, again.” and then she walked off.

 That was so strange. He felt so enthralled for a moment, once they were touching. Suho felt hot, and his heart was beating in a quick pace. He suddenly felt disappointed in himself.
 He only wanted to experience those feelings when looking at Sunny, only Sunny. It was supposed to be impossible for the kings to feel anything from any other girl.
 Suho rubbed his temples and turned. He stopped and starred.

 Standing there starring at him wide eyed was both Sunny and Baekhyun. Sunny dressed down in her overalls and knee high socks. Her normal bright and happy clothes did not match her expression. She looked back and forth from Suho and the way Hee-su left. Her jaw stiffened.

 “Um, it’s nothing. It’s not-” Suho tried to explain himself, but Sunny was already off and walking the other way.
 Baekhyun looked back at her, then at Suho. He walked up to him, and poked a finger in his chest. “What in the hell was that?”

 Suho stepped back. “What?”

 Baekhyun pointed to the direction Hee-su left. “That? You and her, holding each other and starring. Why were you starring at her like that?”

 Suho shook his head, and he sighed. “Brother, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you why.”

 Baekhyun crossed his arms and cocked his head. “Try me.”




 “A Sunny clone? Are you serious?” Luhan asked.

 “Yeah. That’s why I had that reaction.” Suho said. “Weird, isn’t it?”

 Baekhyun, Suho, Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, and Lay gathered around the porch. Suho called them in to tell them what he thinks Hee-su is. A sort of clone of Sunny. Interior wise, as they look nothing alike, but some kind of essence of Sunny lurking inside her. The smile, the laugh, the kindness was exactly like Sunny.
 Whilst this group was talking in private, the other boys were along the grassy backyard.

 Tao practiced doing his flips and kicks while D.O watched and tried to imitate him, only to trip on his feet and land on the ground with his bottom.
 Kai and Chen were playing tennis without the net. Xuimin was reading under the maple tree. Kris was, of course, nowhere to be found.

 The group discussed the matters of Sunny and Hee-su and just how similar they were.
 “Okay, if Hee-su is a sort of likeness of Sunny, that could explain a lot of things.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol silently nodded.

 “Yes. Like how Hyun-Woo could like her so fast.” Luhan said. Chanyeol nodded again.

 “And my strange reaction of when we touched. That ‘spellbinding’ feeling.” Suho said. Chanyeol nodded.

 Baekhyun nodded to him. “You getting all this brother?”
 “Mm-hm.” he nodded again. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but still smiled at Chanyeol’s quietness.

 “Well then,” said Lay. “If she’s Sunny’s clone, then what is she made out of?”

 “Maybe it’s like essence. Like, tears or sweat?” Sehun suggested.
 Lay scrunched his nose. “Really?”

 Sehun shrugged. “Just a guess after all.”

 “Can we ask someone?” Baekhyun asked.
 Suho shook his head. “Tried that already. Those Greats really love keeping secrets from us.”

 The boys groaned. The Greats would do that ever so often with them, making them figure things out themselves.

 “How can we refrain from getting closer to Hee-su?” Luhan asked. He looked at Chanyeol, but he just shrugged.

 “I suggest,” Suho said. “Every time we pass by her and Hyun-Woo, we roll our eyes. Or gag as much as want.”

 “To try and get Hyun-Woo mad?” Lay asked.
 Suho smirked. “You know me so well brother.” They bother snickered.

 As they were about to discuss further, the glass door to the patio opened, revealing a tired looking Kris.
 “What are you talking about?” he asked gruffly.

 “Hyung, we figured it out.” Lay said.

 Kris furrowed his brows. “Figured what out?”

 “What Hee-su, Hyun-Woo’s girlfriend, is made out of.” Lay said. Chanyeol nodded. “Suho just figured it out today.”

 “Yup.” Suho smiled. “I discovered that she’s Sunny’s twin, some kind of a clone.”

 Kris raised a brow. “Do Sunny and Hee-su look alike. No.”

 Suho shrugged. “So what. They don’t have to. They have the same essence and everything.”

 “Yeah. Same laugh, same smile, they have an almost equal affect on us.” said Luhan. “The rest of us can feel it. Can’t you?”

 Kris scowled and looked toward the rest of his brothers. “She has no affect on me. The rest of you just have weak hearts.”
 That was a lie. The truth was, Kris did feel some kind of reaction toward Hee-su like the rest of them. But as the leader of them all, he had to withstand it, which isn’t so difficult most of the time.

 Kris turned to walk down the steps, and Luhan his teeth. “Aish.” he grumbled. “You can’t be serious. You just can’t feel anything because you have no heart.” he yelled.
 Kris stopped in his tracks. The brothers uttered no’s and shook their heads at Luhan.

 Kris turned, and strode back up the stairs. Luhan tighten his jaw as Kris starred down at him. He poked a finger in Luhan’s shoulder.
 “Listen here,” he said lowly. “Don’t dare ever say I have heart or can’t feel. I’m just about as worried and care for Sunny as the rest of you. I’m with you all.”

 Luhan stood and crossed his arms. “Oh yeah Kris? Why don’t you act like it?”

 “I do.” Kris said, crossing his arms.

 “Oh really?” Luhan asked, raising a brow. He turned and yelled, “Hey, boys!”

 The brother on the field stopped what they were doing and looked up at the two.
 “Come over her for a second.”

 The boys put down their toys and stuff and ran to them.
 “Why do they need to be in this?” Kris asked.

 “Because I would like to prove a point.” Luhan said, smirking.
 The brothers on the patio looking at each other, worried that this quarrel may not last so calm. Especially with Kris already looking as angry as ever.

 “What is it?” Kai asked, twirling his tennis racket.

 Luhan gestured to Kris. “Our hot-headed young leader here, says that he cares about our Sunny. That he’s just as worried as we. Is that true?”

 No one said a thing for a moment, and then Xuimin called, “Of course. We all love Sunny, that includes Kris.” he smiled.
 Kris gave a look to Luhan, but it wasn’t over yet. Luhan still had more up his sleeve. “Okay Xuimin. But, ever since Hee-su stepped into Hyun-Woo’s life, Sunny’s been so sad and felt like he was forgotten. What has Kris been doing to keep her sane and happy?”

 “Well,” Chen started. “He’s. . . he was. . . um. . .”
 Kris looked him up and down. “Chen. . .” he growled.

 Luhan shook his head. “No no. Chen doesn’t know. He doesn’t know because he, none of us has even seen you with Sunny. You don’t seem to care at all.”
 Kris huffed and shook his head. “You have nothing to say Luhan, none of you do. You have no means or knowledge what goes on in my mind.”

 Luhan held up his hands. “I don’t have to! It’s all in your actions, in your expressions. I’m your brother, I would know.”

 “You don’t, unfortunately.” Kris yelled.

 “Everyone here thinks so. Your not showing it enough. You have to show me you respect and love Sunny just as the rest of us.” Luhan crossed his arms. Kris face was turning red, and his hands balled into fists.
 On the patio, Chanyeol watched closely. Kris could explode at minute.

 Luhan cocked his head. “Or maybe,” Luhan stepped up to Kris and smirked. “You should admit it to us. You don’t care. You don’t love Sunny. You should just go back to the kingdom, and leave the lovemaking to us.”
 Kris pushed Luhan away. That didn’t faze Luhan though. He walked forward and pushed Kris, harder then Kris. The fight wasn’t slow to start. The two starts throwing punches, and the group stood and dispersed. The group separated as Kris and Luhan threw off the steps and on to the ground.

 “Stop!” Lay yelled.

 As soon as Luhan got up from the ground, Kris kicked his stomach and he was back on the ground. Kris walked up to him and kicked him again, this time in the chest. Luhan grunted as he grabbed Kris’s foot and tripped him up. Luhan climbed on top of him. “Oh, did I pop a vain, your royal assness.”
 Kris kicked him off. Before he could lunge at Luhan again, Chen and Chanyeol held him back. Sehun and Kai helped pick Luhan and brushed him off.

 Kris pushed Chen and Chanyeol off of him. He yelled at Luhan, “You’d better think twice before I let Sunny get defiled by a little evil and smart mouth dwarf like you.”

 “So you wouldn’t let Sunny get near anyone like me?” Luhan yelled.

 “No! I would never let Sunny get into anyone else’s dirty hands.”

 “Why?” Luhan asked.

 “Because I love her!” Kris yelled.
 Luhan raised his brows. The brothers widened their eyes as Kris yelled those words. They had never heard Kris confess love like this before. In fact, they’ve never heard him confess ever before. Kris looked Luhan straight in the eye and sighed, “Is that what you wanted to hear? Yes, I love Sunny.”

 Luhan sighed. “It’s about time. You’ve never said anything like this before.”

 Kris shook his head. “It won’t be the last. Remember that.”

 Kris nodded his head at his brothers and walked away from the group. The patio door was already open, as Lance was starring at him as Kris entered the house.
 Lance looked back at the brothers as he went inside the house and closed the door behind him.

                                                                                                                                                  *

 Tao and Sunny walked along the house on 5th street, where Sunny lived near. Tao had offered to walk her home after he ran into Hyun-Woo and Hee-su already walking ahead, and then riding into a black car.
 The car was just driving away as Sunny came out of the school. The brother were together at that time, heading to their driver.

 Sunny stopped them and asked, “Do you guys know where Hyun-Woo is?”

 The boys exchanged some looks, and Xuimin answered. “He just left with Hee-su, inside a car.”

 Sunny nodded. “Oh. Well, I guess I’m walking.”
 Sunny started to walk down the steps, when Tao stopped her and too her arm.

 “You don’t need to walk. We could drive you home.”

 Sunny shook her head. “No thanks. I’d rather walk.”

 Tao ran in front of her. “At least, let me walk with you?” he shrugged.
 Sunny considered this for a moment, and then smiled. Tao smiled with her. “Of course.”

 Tao waved to his brothers. “I’ll see you guys at home.”

 “See you later, Tao.” Chen waved, and the rest of the boys walked off to their van.

 Tao and Sunny were only half there to her house. Along the way, they passed by a little alley where the kids play. They all knew Sunny, and asked her if she would play with them. Sunny nicely declined. They wanted to know who her new friend was, and she introduced Tao to them. Their interest was immediate. The kids asked him to play with them, rubbing his face and his hair. To Tao, the reaction was pretty normal. He could attract kids pretty easily. Also, they could see the sea from where they walked through the trees. Sunny pointed out everything.
 “The house is close by the beach, like yours. But it’s a little further walk to get to the rocks. I could take a little detour. That’s when me and your brothers met, remember?”

 Tao recalled the memory and blushed. “Yup. I remember.”

 As they walked on, they past by a large chapel. Sunny pointed to it. “That’s where I go for Sunday school. My parents are really good friends with the archdeacon there.”
 Tao smiled. “How about you and the boys go together next Sunday?”

 Sunny nodded. “Sounds good.”

 Sunny looked okay today, but that little ‘Hyun-Woo left with Hee-su’ thing may have lowered the bar a little. She’s still quite quiet in their presence, only saying a few sentences. Tao knew she was only saying a lot know so she could introduced the area to him. Maybe because she wanted to be walked home again, and they would be able to know their way.

 Tao scratched his arm, as he was getting ready to ask her, “Sunny?”

 “Yes?” she answered, without looking at him, but beyond the trees where the ocean laid.

 “Two days ago, about Suho. . . why were you so upset?”

 Sunny looked down at her hands. “What? Upset about what?” she asked.

 “About Suho and Hee-su. He was only helping her. What did he do to make you walk off like that?”
 Tao noticed how uncomfortable she looked now. Not looking at him and fiddling with her fingers.

 “Just a few minutes until we get to my house.”

 “Sunny.” Tao said.

 “It’s nothing. I promise.” Sunny looked at him, and they stopped. She had that sort of unsure look in her eyes. Like she just wanted to say what she wanted, but was so afraid to say so.

 “Sunny,” Tao cooed. “I’m your friend. Say what you have to say.”

 Sunny shrugged and looked away. She continued to walk. “Oh, Tao. Just drop it. There’s nothing to worry about.”

 “Suho was afraid you were mad at him,” Tao continued. “That he made you upset for some reason. It’s only fair to put his mind at ease by telling why you were so upset.”

 Sunny considered this, and shrugged. “I was upset. But it wasn’t because of Suho, it was Hee-su. I was je. . .” she trailed off, turning her head so he couldn’t tell what she was saying.
 Tao furrowed his brows. “Come again?”

 “I was. . . jealous. Okay, I said it.” Sunny said.

 Tao fought the need to laugh. He fixed the smirk on his face and said, “Jealous? How come? Do you like Suho?”

 “No.” Sunny said quickly. “It’s not like that. I wasn’t just upset, I was scared. Hyun-Woo already doesn’t have time for me. What would happen if my twelve best friends started to ignore me? I would be alone.” Sunny looked down and sighed. “The way Suho looked at Hee-su made me worry that he was going to go. Like Hyun-Woo.”
 Sunny stopped and looked up at Tao. Those sad puppy eyes, making Tao’s heart flutter.

 “Tao,” she cooed. “When you find a girlfriend, will you go and ignore me too.”

 So that’s what she was so depressed about. Being alone, that one day her friends won’t be there and she’ll be by herself. No way. Not Tao, nor any of his brothers, would ever leave Sunny alone. She was too good for that.
 Tao took Sunny’s shoulders and lifted her face with her chin. “I’m gonna tell you now Sunny. Me and brothers would never leave you. We’d be so worried if you were ever alone and sad, and we weren’t there to rescue you.”
 Tao leaned in slowly, and kissed Sunny gently on the cheek. The kiss lingered upon her cheek. Tao took her face in his hands, and kissed her other cheek.

 Tao slowly leaned away, looking into Sunny’s eyes. Her eyes starred up at him, and brightly twinkled.
 Tao smiled. “See? I would never leave you.”

 Sunny nodded but didn’t utter a word. She continued to stare at him until he let go of her cheeks. Sunny’s cheeks were flushed pink. She pointed behind her.
 “T-t-the house is just over there.”

 Tao took her hand and they walked along the road until they reached behind a couple of rocks. Right there was the long going beach, and blue sea beyond it. Right next to the beach was a large cabin like house. Right next to it were to cars, a blue mini van and small black car.

 “Wow.” Tao said.

 Sunny waved her hands to their surroundings. “Welcome to Ringsville Beach, where all your dreams come true.”

 Tao chuckled. “Dreams?”

 Sunny shrugged. “I got house and living with both of my parents. My dreams are coming true.”

 They continued walking to the house, Tao still staring at it in awe. “I would give anything to live somewhere like this.”

 “Hm, that’s the opposite of what I think. I would give anything to live like you. I didn’t even get to see the inside.”

 Tao took note of that.
 They walked up to the stairs, passing the black car that Tao now noticed was the car that Hee-su and Hyun-Woo drove away in. Sunny glanced at it, and her face darkened a little bit.

 “Unfortunately, I don’t have my own key yet. But as soon as you knock on the door, someone’s always answering.” Sunny said.
 Sunny knocked on the door twice and stepped back beside Tao. She pointed to the door, and there were the sound of dishes clattering and a woman yelling, “Bernie, could you hang those pans for me.”

 Footsteps were coming closer to the door, and someone opened the door. It was a woman, light brunette hair tied in a bun and dressed in an apron. Sunny smiled to her. “Hey mom.”

 Sunny’s mother raised her brows. “Late again I see? Oh.” Her mother looked at Tao, and was suddenly awestruck. She smiled warmly at him and held out her hand.
 “Well hello there.” Tao shook her hand.

 “Hello ma’am.” He greeted.

 Sunny’s mother whispered to her daughter. “Who’s this? Your little boyfriend?”

 “Mom!” Sunny hit her mom’s shoulder. “Don’t say that. He’s my friend. His name’s Tao.”

 “Hello Tao!” Sunny’s mother exclaimed. “I’m Lynn. I’m the mother of the house.”
 She stepped aside for them. “Please, come in.”

 Sunny and Tao entered. Right where they entered was the kitchen, and next to it was a door way to the living room. It looked as cozy as it was outside. The wind blowing inside from the window went a sweet smell of cookies from the oven. A bell dinged.
 “Ah, cookies are done.” Lynn sing-songed.

 A man who was hanging some pans turned to them and smiled. “The cookies were supposed to be done when you got home. But it seems you were quicker then we thought.”
 He walked to them and brushed his hands off. He looked at Tao. “Hello young man. Who might you be?”

 Tao bowed. “Hello sir. My name is Tao. I’m a friend of Sunny’s. I was just walking her home.”

 “Well, I’m Bernie. And in that case, come and stay for a few minutes.” Bernie slung his arm around Tao shoulders and set him down to sit at the small table.

 Lynn set down a plate of cookies on the table. It was as big as a mini mountain. “Eat up. Because I won’t make more for some time again.”

 “Mom’s cookies are the best. Bad part is, she won’t make them as much as you want.” Sunny said, sitting next to Tao.

 “You can’t just make something like this that frequent.” Lynn said, setting down her apron. “It’ll lose the love.”

 “Have a bite.” Sunny grabbed a cookie and handed it to Tao. “You’ll love these cookies. Special chocolate chip, my mom calls it.”

 “What makes it so special?” Tao asked, examining the cookie. He hasn’t had sweets in awhile, keeping in his figure by doing his kung fu practices regularly.

 “Special ingredient. It’s a family secret.” Sunny said.

 Lynn, Bernie, and Sunny looked at Tao, waiting for him to take a bite.
 Tao looked at the cookie again, and took a slow bite out of it. Upon the taste, he smiled. “Not bad. Not bad at all.” he said. He took another bite. Oh, how good it felt to eat a cookie again. And a really good one at that.

 “Oh auntie. Are you finished with the cookies already?”

 Hyun-Woo scurried into the kitchen a grabbed another cookie as Tao moved to get another one.
 He looked up to him, and the two looked at each other in the same way.

 “Hey, what are you doing here?” Hyun-Woo asked, his mouth full of the cookie.

 Tao shrugged. “I walked Sunny home. I believe she was supposed to ride home but, plans changed when her ride left her hanging.”
 There was a moment of silence. Hyun-Woo staring at Tao with unsure eyes, and Sunny looked at the both of them. Bernie and Lynn exchanged a look.

 “Um, did something happen?” Lynn asked.

 “Yeah, what’s going on?” Bernie asked.

 Before Hyun-Woo could answer, Hee-su ran into the room and beside Hyun-Woo. “Oppa, we need to study.” She noticed the strange silence in the air. “What’s going on.”

 “Um, nothing of course!” Hyun-Woo yelled. He put on the brightest smile he could. “Just go back to the living room. I’ll be right there.”
Hee-su shrugged and walked back to the living room.

 Hyun-Woo looked at Sunny. “I’m sorry noona. Me and Hee-su just really wanted to get home and study.” He took her hand. “Do you forgive me?” he said, giving her puppy eyes.
 Tao rolled his eyes. He wanted to throw up right then and there, especially when Sunny said, “Of course I do. I understand, Hyun-Woo.” She patted his hand and gave him a smile.

 “Noona, you know me and Hee-su have no plans for Friday night. Maybe you and me could. . .”

 “Unfortunately, Hyun-Woo,” Tao called. “Sunny was going to come over my house for dinner with the guys.”

 Sunny looked at him and raised her brows. “I was?”

 “Yes, of course.” Tao set his hand on her shoulder. “You know, you did say you wanted to see the inside of our house. I thought this would be a good chance.”

 Sunny pursed her lips. “Well I did say I wanted to, but. . .”

 “Yes?” Tao asked.

 “How good is your food?” she asked.

 Tao chuckled. “The best ever. As good as your mother’s cookies.”

 Sunny giggled and nodded. “Well, of course I’m going to your house on Friday. I just forgot. Thanks for reminding me.”

 “Well, with that settled, I best be going now.” Tao said. He bowed to Sunny’s parents. “Thank you for the hospitality.”

 He walked passed over a still surprised Hyun-Woo to leave, but then Lynn called him back.
 “Hey, we enjoyed you here just the same. At least take a few of the cookies.”

 Tao smiled as he walked back to the counter.
 “Um, auntie this guy does kung fu. I’m pretty sure he wants to keep his good enough shape.” Hyun-Woo said, looking Tao up and down.

 Lynn gasped. “Really? Well then in that case.” Lynn closed the lid on the pack filled with cookies. “A hardworking boy always needs a little sweet now and then.”
 Lynn handed the case to Tao, and he bowed again. “Thank you.”

 “Anytime, sweetheart. Sunny, see him out.” Lynn said.

 Sunny stood and took Tao’s arm in her hand.

 She whispered to him, “They like you a lot.”

 Tao shrugged. “I can see that.”

 Sunny opened the door for him. “So, see you tomorrow?”
 Tao nodded. “Of course. I think our father will be just as excited to see you as your mom did with me.”

 Tao waved to her before walking down the stairs, but then Sunny called him. “By the way, nutmeg.”

 Tao looked back. “What?”

 “Nutmeg. That’s the ‘special family secret’ to the cookies.”

 Tao chuckled. “Thanks.”

 Sunny waved at him. “See ya.” And she closed the door behind her.

 That was the best family Tao has ever seen. They were so comfortable with him and they only just met. The house really goes with there mood. Tao especially liked Lynn. She was so nice, and her recipe for cookies he’s ever tasted. Luhan’s attempt to bake cookies always turned weird. His cookies were always hard and burn. Tao is defiantly going to introduce Lynn to Luhan to give cooking lessons.

 Just as Tao circled around the rocks, he heard someone call his name behind him. “Tao.”

 He turned to find Hyun-Woo calling him. He walked up to him, and crossed his arms. Tao furrowed his brows. “What is it Hyun-Woo?” Tao asked.

 “I thought I told you to keep your distance. You obviously didn’t listen.” Hyun-Woo said, walking closer.

 Tao chuckled. “I have no idea what your talking about.”

 Hyun-Woo pointed a finger to him. “Don’t play dumb with me. I told you that Sunny was already taken, and that. . .”
 Hyun-Woo’s talking stopped when Tao started to laugh.

 He lifted his arms in confusion. “What’s so funny?”

 Tao wiped an invisible tear from his eye, continuing to smile. “I’m sorry Hyun-Woo. But, taken? Dude, your already taken. You can’t have two girls, one of them being your cousin. That‘s just weird.”

 “What are you talking about?” Hyun-Woo asked.

 “Hyun-Woo,” Tao said. “I’m gonna tell you like Luhan did a while ago. You and Sunny can’t be ‘together’. Sunny already knows you have a girlfriend, she thinks you love Hee-su more then her. In other words, she has no feelings of you. So that means that I and anybody has the right to touch her, look at her, ask her out, kiss her.”

 Hyun-Woo’s eyes widened. “Kiss?”

 Tao smirked. “It just so happens that on the way to the house, I may have given her a peck or two.”

 “What? You can’t do that! Sunny’s not suppose to-”

 “Sunny can do what ever the hell she wants. She’s not going to stay away from me and my brothers just because her little cousin said so.” Tao walked up to him and poked a finger to his chest. “Get this through your head: I do what I want and am not scared of some little punk trying to keep his cousin tied down. Got it?”

 Hyun-Woo’s eyes widened at the appearing fire in Tao’s eyes. He stepped back from him slowly. Tao jaw clenched as the fire inside him was beginning to awaken, his natural instincts coming to life.

 Hyun-Woo stuttered, “W-w-who are you?”

 Tao shook his head. “Nothing you should get mixed up with.”

 That’s when Tao started running at the speed of a lighting bolt. He ran all the way to the house. He jumped up and gripped to the buildings edge.
He climbed up and up until he landed on the roof. He sat there for a while to take a few breathes. He also sat there and ate the majority of the cookies Lynn gave him.

                                                                                                                                                  *

 “Is the food almost ready?” Tao asked.

 “Just one more thing sir. It’ll be ready in just a moment.” said the maid, standing next to the oven.

 As soon as Tao told about Sunny coming over, the boys went into immediate action to get everything ready. They ordered the maids to make sure every inch of the house was clean. The Greats asked what all the commotion was about, and seeing the kings all pink faced and rushing to fix themselves, obviously Sunny was coming over.

 Tao walked around to see where his brothers were until he heard Baekhyun yell, “Be careful! You could have spilled water on my pants.”
 Tao ran to the bathroom to see him, Chen, and D.O checking themselves in the mirror.

 “Guys, come one. Sunny could get here any minute.” Tao said.

 “Arraso, arraso. Just as Baekhyun quits hogging the mirror.” Chen said.

 “We’ll be out in a second, Tao.” Baekhyun said.

 Tao rolled his eyes as he walked away from the bathroom door. That’s when he heard more yelling coming down the stairs.
 “Give me my shoes back, Xuimin!”

 Kai came down behind Xuimin. He was holding a pair of dress shoes.
 They stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

 “Xuimin, I need those shoes.” Kai cried.

 “There are another pair of shoes that are in good condition. Just take mine, I want these.”

 “No way! Your big feet will ruin them.” Kai said.
 Tao walked in between them. “Hey calm down.”

 He faced Kai. “Sunny is going to be here any minute. Go upstairs and get any pair shoes that suits you. Now.”
 Kai groaned as he ran back up stairs.

 In the front hall, Chanyeol was tying a black tie for Lay. In the living room Xuimin put on his shoes, and Sehun and Suho checked to see if the food was ready.

 “Aish. Kris. Where’s Kris?” Tao muttered. He turned, and bumped into Kris.

 Tao looked at him, dressed in ripped jeans and a white shirt with two buttons ed.

 Tao raised a brow. “Way to go casual.”

 Kris pointed at him. “Way to go formal.”

 Tao shrugged. “You know, anything for our queen. Now, if you don’t mind?”
 Kris nodded. He walked up a few stairs and yelled, “Everybody down, right now!”

 As soon as he said that, all of the boys came from every angle and in to the living room. They all were dressed in their best attire, all contrasting with what Kris was wearing.

 Luhan looked him up and down. “Sunny’s coming over Kris. You could have done better?”

 “Don’t start with me.” Kris pointed.

 “Okay!” a voice boomed. Kim walked down the stairs, dressed in a suit.

 He clapped his hands. “Is everyone ready?”

 “Yes.” the boys answered.

 “How much time until Sunny comes?” D.O asked, smoothing his jacket.

 Kim pursed his lips. “Well according to my time, she’ll be coming in 3. . . 2. . . 1.” The door bell rang.
 “That would be her.”

 Kim strode over to the front door, the boys watching closely to the door. Now it’s finally time for Sunny to visit the house. Hopefully she won’t be so disappointed.

 Kim opened the door, and greeted the girl with the brightest smile he could. “Oh look who it is. That wonderful friend I’ve been hearing so much about.”

 “Good evening sir. I’m Sunny.”

 “Ah, Sunny. Please come in.” He waved her inside.

 She dressed in long white boots and a matching white dress that reached to her knees. She spotted the boys across the living room and smiled. “Hey guys.” she waved.
 She looked around the place and cooed. “Wow. It’s just as good as it is on the outside.”

 The boys laughed.
 “Looks like you got you wish. After dinner, we’ll show you around.” Tao said.

 Kim clapped to get the kids attention. “Okay guys, let’s eat before dinner gets cold.”

 Sunny followed Kim to the doorway beside the kitchen, and the kings followed. Some of them were already flushing in the cheeks, feeling unnatural butterflies flying in their stomachs.
 The dinning room was large, with a long table accompanying it. It also contrasted with the rest of the house. The walls were red, and the wood the table and chairs were made out of was mahogany. Completely fancy, is what Sunny thought.
 “Please. Feel free to sit anywhere.” Kim said, and walked to the head of the table.

 Sunny sat in the first seat she saw, the center of the table. Whilst the others seated themselves, Lay and Kai sat themselves on either side of Sunny.

 Sunny smelled odors of the hot and fresh food upon the table. Meats and sweets of all kind, some she’s never even seen before.

 “Mm, you even eat big. I’m amazed.” Sunny said.

 Kim gestured to the table of food. “Take what ever you want. I’m sure you’ll like it.”

 Sunny looked along the many plates and platters. She raised her brows, not being so sure of what to start with first.
 She looked to the brothers. “Got anything to recommend first.”

 “I suggest you start off small. With the turkey first, you bring up an appetite for more.” said Luhan.

 Sunny nodded. “Thank you.”

 Sunny stood to grab the fork and knife, but Lay stopped her. “Let me get it for you. You’re the guest after all.”
 “I’ll help.” Kai stood.

 Lay cut a piece of the turkey, while Kai grabbed a spoonful of strawberries from the fruit bowl. Kai also helped with pouring Sunny a glass of water.

 “Thanks.” Sunny said.
 She picked up her fork, whilst everyone watched her. She stabbed the turkey with her fork and took a bite. She took a moment to chew and savor the taste.
She swallowed. “Wow. It so good.”

 The boys smiled, and that’s when they started eating.

 The kings jumped up to fill their plates with as much food as they could. Chen and Xuimin fought for a piece of the apricots, and Xuimin cutely whining for it. Chen gave it up, falling for his aegyo.

 “So Sunny,” Kim called.

 “Yes sir.” Sunny answered.

 “As might know, I am the boys father. I have been wanting meet you for some time. The boys are always talking about you.”

 Sunny smiled. “Oh really?” she through a funny look at them.

 “’Course. You came off to me as an interesting character. Where are you from?” Kim asked.

 “I’m from California, in America. I was living there for some time until now. Traveling back and forth. My mother is Korean, and my father is American. But they both have English names. Like me.”

 Kim nodded. “Ah. So you speak English. Our Baekhyun can speak English too.”

 “I know. We have a lot of English conversations.”
 Sunny gestured to him. “Isn’t that right, Bacon?” she asked in English.

 “Yes it is, Sunshine.” he responded.

 The boys looked at them.
 “Bacon? Sunshine? Since when did you give each other pet names?” Lay asked.

 Baekhyun shrugged. “They aren’t exactly pet names. But actually, adorable nicknames. Right sunshine?”

 Sunny winked at him. “Correct, Bacon.”
 The boys oohed and awed at them. Kris remained idle at his part of the table, eating his food.

 “Okay, okay boys.” Kim called. Everybody seized the noise, throwing Baekhyun looks here and there.
 “What’s your family like?”

 Sunny shrugged. “Well their pretty nice. Tao?”
 Tao’s head shot up from his plate. Sunny threw him and knowing smile, and Tao smiled back.

 “I visited them, father. Nicest people I have ever known. Really hospitable. Especially Lynn, Sunny’s mother. That woman can make a mean cookie, made specially with a secret ingredient.”

 “And what would that secret be?” Kim asked.

 “Can’t tell you. It’s a family secret recipe.” Tao said.

 Kim considered that for a moment, and then asked, “Well, aside from that. What about that young boy that just came to town. Um. . . Hyun-Woo?”

 The boys stopped eating to stare at Kim. They just got Sunny in the house, they wouldn’t want her to feel so uncomfortable now.
 Sunny shifted in her chair.

 “Oh Hyun-Woo? Yeah, he was traveling in Paris for sometime. And then he came back, in the most surprising way possible.” The boys inwardly groaned and rolled their eyes at the memory.
 “He’s going to our school.”

 “Are you two doing well together?” Kim asked, popping a grape in his mouth.

 “Yup. Him especially. He’s finally found someone who can make him happy all of the time. He’s only had me all this time, I’m quiet happy he found a girlfriend. Her name is Hee-su.”
 As Sunny was talking, Kim was hiding his smirk behind his hand. Some of the boys were throwing looks at each other.

 “Wow.” Kim said. “I suppose you guys were close. You know, people like that can slowly drift apart when one is a relationship. That affection of a cousin is shadowed when another half could give so much more. Special talks, hugs. . .”

 “Kim.” Kris warned, glaring at him.

 But Kim only continued. “Kissing. And you know, affections beyond that point.”

 Sunny and the boys felt themselves blushing again.
 “Yeah, I suppose your right.” Sunny said, not taking a bite from her food but moving it around with her fork.

 Kim chuckled and set down his fork. “Don’t worry sweetheart. Why worry about that, when you have twelve lovely boys here to show affection even more so.”

 Sunny looked up to Kim, seeing his warm smile. Kim gestured to the rest of the table. Sunny looked to all of the boys, them giving her smiles and loving looks, like they would never leave her. Sunny did have them as friends, close friends, best friends.
 Whilst Hyun-Woo can have his relationship, she could always rely on these guys to be there when she’s sad. She suddenly felt bad for being in such a bad mood most of the time since Hyun-Woo started dating. They were only trying to make her better, to get her into a better mood.
Sunny smiled. “Your right sir. Your sons are the best friends I have ever had.”

 The boys smiles brightened.
 Kim nodded. “Yes, sweetheart. It gets better, and-”

 “It gets even better by the minute!”

 Sunny, Kim and the boys turned to see four brightly dressed girls suddenly enter the dining room loudly.

 “Did we miss the party?”

____________________________________________________________________________________


 20 pages guys, did I do any good?

Hows about it? What's gonna happen next? Who are the four girls that just broke in and entered? What's your feelings about the progress in the story?
 Let me know in the comment below :) See ya next update :)