Here Comes Trouble

A Protector Of Light

 “Did we miss the party?”

 Kris’s fork clattered to the floor as he pushed himself out of his chair. “You? What in the hell are you doing here?”

 The kings and Kim looked to each of the girls, all their forks clattering down to the floor all the same. Sunny starred at them. First thing she noticed was how beautiful they all looked. Their hair was shiny and long, two had brown hair, the others had blonde. They wore short shimmering dresses that reached just about their knees, and one blonde one had a white boa around her shoulder.
 Rather them greeting the room with smiles, the boys just glared at them. They looked completely upset and shocked. Kris looked down right angry.

 “I said, what are you doing here?” Kris repeated loudly.

 The one wearing a gold shimmering dress and white feather boa put up her hands up in confusion. “What? You think after a few years we aren’t ready to party with you.” She put her hands on her hips and smirked. “I have been waiting for this day for that long, my little Hot Rod.”
 Hot Rod? Is that some nickname for Kris?

 “Don’t call me Hot Rod. I told you that a million times.” Kris pointed.
 Nickname? Obviously not.

 “Well, whatever.” She started walking over to Kris. “I have been waiting for this.”

 “Oh, you guys got the food!” One with short black hair and wearing a blue shimmering dress with black gloves dove in between Chanyeol and Lay to grab a piece of fruit.

 “They got the food, but I’ve got the goods!” A blonde where a yellow dress and white gloves waved up something in her hand. Sunny noticed it to be a case of alcohol.
 She ran to the other side of the table where Chen and Baekhyun sat and pushed between them. “How’s about a few drinks?”

 She grabbed two empty glasses and set them beside her. “Remember those days when we stay up all night drinking? Baekhyun, you were the highlight of the party.” She poured two bottles in each glass.
 Baekhyun and Chen pushed the glasses away. “We don’t drink.” Baekhyun said, glaring at her.

 The girl gasped. “Oh my. Earth has changed you, hasn’t it Baekhyunnie?”

 “Girls look, they got the baby with them!”
 The last one wearing a purple dress with a long purple feather boa, smiled as she walked over to Sunny. Her rather large eyes looked down at her.
 “Why look at you. You look so much different then I imagined.” she said, climbing up on to Sunny’s lap and slinging her arm around her shoulders.

 “Who are you?” Sunny asked, trying to shift in her seat, but she felt she couldn’t move and get the girl off of her lap.

 “Oh, you haven’t heard of me? I’m a friend of your friends. I’m, like, your auntie!” she exclaimed.
 “Auntie?” Sunny said.

 “And you are just the cutest little thing ever!” she said. The girl grabbed Sunny’s cheeks and touched their foreheads together. “Oh, you look so adorable.” she cooed.
 Sunny wanted her to get off, but her body wouldn’t respond. Strangely, the way this woman was treating felt a little normal. Like she’s known her all her life.

 A rustling came from across the table, and Sunny and the woman turned to see Kim standing up and Kris leaning against the table with the blonde woman’s arms wrapped around his shoulders and her head resting on the crook of his neck.
 “Get off of her Bom. Right now.” Kris hissed. The woman, Bom, starred at him for a moment, and then chuckled.

 “Come on, Krisy. I have the right to be with her. It’s not like she finds it a problem.” Bom grabbed Sunny’s cheeks again and grinned at her. “Isn’t that right, little one?”

 “Do what he says Bom.” Kim said, crossing his arms sternly. “You wouldn’t want to defy him now.”
 What was going on? Sunny didn’t now. Obviously these girls were no friends of theirs, but the girls seem so casual with them, like long lost family.

 “Oh please.” Bom scoffed. She caught the glare from the boys, especially Kris. She pursed her lips. Bom wrapped her arms around sunny and pushed her towards her, Sunny’s head resting just above her s. “Let me touch the baby.” Bom said.

 “No! Get off, right now!” Kris yelled. Bom and Sunny flinched. She’s never seen Kris so angry like these. He’s always so calm, so quite. She’s never heard him yell, and he’s so scary when he does.
 Sunny felt like she couldn’t breath. She felt hot.

 Bom scoffed, then pouted. “Fine. But only because I’ll have more time later.” Bom flipped her hair as she jumped from Sunny’s lap. Sunny suddenly felt like she could breath again. She could move again also. Sunny felt a drop of sweat fall from her chin. Lay leaned into her. “It’s okay. Their going to go away.”

 “Ooh.” The girl still holding Kris cooed. “Still the hottest hot head I know.” she said. She purred as she caressed his face and touched her lips to his cheek.
 Kris pushed her off of him. He glared at her. “Get out.”

 “Why?” the girl pouted. “We just wanted to visit you. You’ve been gone for so long, and you know the kingdom isn’t the same without our kings.”
 Sunny furrowed her brows. Kingdom? Kings? What were they talking about. Sunny was about to ask, when she caught sight of Chanyeol. He was looking straight her, and shaking his head. Meaning, that Sunny wasn’t suppose to ask. She took his word, she wouldn’t ask. For now.
 Kim took the woman’s shoulder in his hand. He looked at Kris. “Kris, I think it would be best to let them stay.”
 “What?” Kris widened his eyes. “Kim, they can’t stay here.” he muttered.

 “There is no need to cause a scene, and start suspicions.” Kim raised his brows, giving him a look. Kris furrowed his brows, and turned. Sunny was looking at them, an unsure look in her eyes. She actually looked a little frightened with the fracas that they started.
 Sunny was still trying to figure out why they were here, these girls. The boys never spoke of these friends before. If they were friends.

 Kris looked at his brothers. They all quickly nodded, catching on to what Kim said.
 He sighed. He looked at the blonde girl, trying not to grit his teeth. “We are happy enough to invite more guests. The maids will get you each a chair.”

 The blonde smirked. “Thought you come around.”
 Kris made a pained expression and turned away from her.

 Kim stepped out of the dining room for a moment, and came back with two maids carrying two chair each.

 The one named Bom seated herself right next to Sunny, and flashed her a mischievous smile. The short haired girl sat between D.O and Chanyeol. As soon as she sat down, grabbed a plate and started putting food on it.
 The girl who was sipping the beer sat at the other end of the table. And as Sunny expected, the girl in the golden dress sat right beside Kris.

 Kim cleared his throat. “Um, This seems to be a surprise to you, huh Sunny?”

 Sunny nervously scratched her arm, and shrugged. “Yeah. I kind of like to know what’s going on.”

 “Yes, I understand. Well, these are just friends of ours from-”

 “Italy.” Bom said. “We’re from Italy.” She slung her arm around Sunny’s shoulders. “Specially packaged, if you know what I’m sayin’.” Bom winked at her.

 Lay grabbed Bom’s shoulder and pulled her toward him, making Bom’s arm fall from her shoulder. Bom turned to see lay glare at her.
 Bom giggled. “Oh don’t worry sweetheart. You’ll get some attention too.” she winked.

 “Sunny, I’d like to introduce you to Bom.” Kim said, pointing to her. “I’m sure you’ll get acquainted pretty quickly.”
 Bom nodded and clasped Sunny’s hand in hers. Bom seem pretty nice compared to the other girls. And a lot more attached when making friends it seemed.

 Kim then pointed to the short haired girl. “That one over there is Minji.”

 “Minzy!” she yelled, full of the food. “Call me Minzy. It’s not that hard, old man.”

 Kim pursed his lips and sighed. “Yes, Minzy is what I meant. That’s Dara.” he said pointing to the girl that was chugging down a beer bottle. When she heard her name, Dara looked at Sunny.
 “Nice to see you! You look like a girl I could like. Here, want a drink?” she asked, offering another bottle of alcohol.
 Sunny shook her head. “Thanks, but I’m good.”

 “And last but not least, this is Chaerin.” Kim gestured to the girl beside Kris. Chaerin looked at Sunny, making note of Sunny’s looks.

 “Actually, I’m CL. But it’s not like you need to care.” she shrugged.

 Sunny noticed how CL’s eyes lingered on her before turning toward Kris again.
 “It’s been so long. You guys haven’t changed a bit.” she said.

 “Yeah,” Dara said, pink faced. She set down her empty bottle. “How’s life in um. . . Seoul?”

 “Well, it was going great.” Baekhyun said.
 “Until now.” Chen muttered.
 The boys exchanged looks amongst each other. Sunny noticed Kim eyeing the girl in caution. What in the world was wrong? This was starting to get suspicious. Sunny also noticed she was still clasping her hand in Bom’s. Her mind felt sort of cloudy, like she was falling asleep, but not so. Sunny took a deep breath, and realized she could smell something sweet. Almost musky. It was rather strong next to her. It was probably from Bom.

 “Well it’s good to be with you guys after all.” CL said, taking out something from her long high heeled boot. A cigarette, and a lighter, and lit it.

 “Chaerin, there’s no smoking in this house.” Kim said, and the cigarette instantly went out and flew from her hand to the floor. Kim smashed it under his heel. CL laughed.
 “Oh Kim. Still obsessed with the same old rules, huh?”

 “Some things never change, even after six years.”
 They stared at each other. Kim smiled. “By the way, don’t you girls have other engagements else where?”

 “Plans change.”

 “So do people.” Suho took a sip of his water, and Sehun glanced at him, giving him a look.

 CL momentarily glared at him before taking a bite from one of the many platters. Sunny noticed that no one was eating, no one except the girls. Bom offered Sunny a piece of her pecan pie, but she declined. Sunny took a breath again. That musky smell, mixed with a sweet scent, was becoming suffocating. The girls seemed to be enjoying themselves. “I just love the sugar teeth.” Minzy popped the tiny sugar cube into .

 Kai coughed a bit, and refilled his empty glass with another drink that had the color of pure gold. Sunny didn’t see that drink before.

 CL looked at Kris beside her. “So, Hot Rod,” she emphasized her nickname for him. “any big plans for leave?” CL took out a bite of her strawberry, suggestively curling her lips. “I’m guessing you leaving the city soon since you found it after all.”

 “We’re not discussing that tonight.” Kim warned.

 CL looked to be enjoying the tension. She popped two sugar teeth in . “Why not?”

 Kris’s eyes went wild. “You don’t need to worry when we’re leaving. Because your leaving soon.”

 “Well you certainly should. Worry, if you know what I mean. You wouldn’t want to leave your best friend hanging.” CL laughed. She popped in another sugar teeth, and looked at Sunny across the table. “Right? Miss Sunshine?”

 Sunny looked up. “What?”

 “Don’t you agree? That if friends are leaving, they shouldn’t leave you hanging about it.”

 Sunny looked at the boys. “What is she talking about? Leaving? You guys are leaving soon?”
 The boys glanced at each other.

 “Is that why you invited me here? To break the news to me?” Sunny started to stand, but Bom pulled her down. She rubbed the top of Sunny’s head.
 “Down girl.”

 “Chaerin, I said that’s enough.” Kim was losing his patience. Sunny could recognize his tone of when a parent is in a bad mood.

 “What did I do? And stop calling me Chaerin.” she pointed at him. “It’s not my fault the kings are too selfish to tell her. Might as well hear it from someone who’s blunt.”

 Sunny furrowed his brows. “But. . . What? What are you saying?”

 “The boys are leaving soon.” Bom said, putting the last piece of her pie in .
 Sunny looked at each of the boys.

 “Don’t worry Sunny. It’s nothing you should be worried about.” Luhan glared at Bom, and every single one of the girls.

 Dara shook her head, and chewed on the piece of her chicken. “Liars.” she muttered.

 “Witches.” Luhan threw a look at her.

 “Luhan. Don’t say things like that.” Kim said.

 “Why are you taking her side, Kim? Just because you’ve spent your time longer with them, doesn’t mean you can agree with them. How could you even do that?” For a moment, Luhan looked hurt.

 “You know it has nothing to do with that. I’m still with you guys. Our tie is broken, there’s something to lighten your mood.”
 Tie? With them? What was he talking about? That sweet suffocating haze around Sunny was starting to get thicker. She wasn’t sure if she was hearing everything right. She shivered, and Bom caressed her head for a moment. Sunny noticed CL looking at her from across the table.

 “You could say that all you want Kim, but you and us are the same.” Dara said, giving Luhan a confident look.

 The golden liquid and the water sloshed around as the table began to shake.
 Kris was gripping to the edge of the table, his knuckles white. “You guys are not the same.” he hissed.

 Sunny felt Bom’s arm stiffen against her, her hand still being held in hers.

 “Oh please.” Minzy scoffed. “Stop getting so angry Kris. You just don’t know what we know. You don’t even realize that this relationship, this prophesy, is nothing but a sham. Even Kim here knows it.” She laughed, a sort of sinister, painful sound. “Just wait till she gets there, and finds that everything is going to hell. The boys will be waiting for their prize.” Minzy exchanged a look with her girls. Dara and CL smirked.
 Bom looked at Sunny, panicked. The table violently jerked, knocking over one of the glasses. Sunny covered her ears, a crackle of lightning coming from inside the room. She felt a wisp of the wind for a moment, and a grand father clock sounding loudly from the main hall.

 “Shut up!” Kris yelled.

 “Tell her, Kris.” CL said. “Don’t you think Sunshine here needs to know? That the prophesy has a loophole, that she could be captured and killed if she was taken to EXO Kingdom.”

 “Tell her everything.” Dara said, smirking.

 Kris leapt to his feet, knocking over the chair behind him. “I said, shut up!”

 The girls, except for Bom still holding on to her, were relaxed, enjoying themselves. “Tell her what you really are. That your not even human, and much better then mankind. Something super natural, something special.” CL yelled.

 Kim stood at the end of the table, gripping it with both hands. His face had turned pale white. “Girls, that’s enough! I will cast you out of this house and back to where you truly belong.”

 “You can’t cast us out, Kim. Your not even strong enough.”

 “Don’t overestimate me, Chaerin. The Fallen are not strong enough to withstand the power over us and this house. I would know. I Bound the place myself, along with another Great.”
 The Fallen? That didn’t sound good at all.

 “Ah, Kim. You can’t do that. We can stay as long as we can. We’re being held in by the most beautiful girl in Seoul.” CL turned to Sunny and smiled, her eyes suddenly bright and golden. They were all wrong, glowing gold, as of they were on fire. And Sunny noticed something, they were shaped like a cat’s, with slightly small black slits in the middle. Light shone from her eyes, and just like that, everything changed.
 All of the girls looked over at Sunny, with those sinister smiles, and their faces were twisted into darkness and shadows. Those features that had been so feminine and enticing were now sharp and hard, like morphing before her eyes. Their skin seem to tighten, making you see their veins on the side of their temples, their skulls protruding from their skin. They all looked like monsters.
 She was holding in monsters in her friends house, and without her own will to let go.

 Almost immediately, the whole house began to shake violently. The floors were vibrating. The lights upon the chandeliers were flicking, swinging back and forth. Swinging because of the wind that was suddenly blowing inside of the room. The flames of the candles flickered out, and then came back to life. The lightning crackled again loudly, and that grand father clock was sounding again. The boys powers were growing hay wire from the tension. The emotion, the atmosphere these girls were bringing in their house.

 Bom tightened her ice-cold grip in her hand. Sunny tried to shake her loose, but she could barely move. The coldness was spreading; her whole arm was starting to feel so numb.
 Kris looked up from the table, in horror. “Sunny!”

 D.O stamped his foot across the room. The floorboard seem to roll beneath their feet.

 The coldness spread throughout Sunny’s body. was frozen. She couldn’t move; her legs were paralyzed. She couldn’t pull away from Sunny’s hand, and she couldn’t tell what was happening. In another few minutes, she wouldn’t be able to breath.

 One of the boy’s voice floated across the table. Baekhyun. “CL. We told you to stay away. You and the rest of the Fallen can’t get to us, no matter what you do. There’s no use.”

 Kim’s voice was harsh. “You don’t belong around here anymore. Your job is done. You have to go.”

 Kim was standing right in front of CL’s face. Either that or, Sunny was losing track of everything. The voices and faces were starting to spin around her. She could barely catch her breath. She was so cold, she couldn’t even move her jaw to chatter. The door opened.
 Lance came storming in, starring right at each of the girls. “I thought I sensed a dark power.” He pointed to CL. “Go!”

 “No!”

 “Chaerin! Calm down! You must leave this place. It isn’t a place for Dark powers. It’s a place of light, protected. You won’t survive for long.” Kim’s voice was firm.

 CL answered with a snarl. “We’re not leaving, Kim. You can’t make us.”

 Lance’s voice interrupted her tantrum. “You know that’s not true.”

 “We’re stronger now, Uncle Kim. You can’t control us.”

 “It is true, your strength is growing. But your not ready to take us all on. I will do whatever it is necessary to protect my boys, and Sunny. Even if that means hurting you, or worse.”

 The weight of the threat was too much for CL. “You would do that to me? After all we’ve been through? What has happened to you? Why are you Binding all of this to the light.”

 “This is my home, and I will protect it.”

 “You belong with us, Uncle Kim. With the boys also.” CL stood up, and the girls did the rest. Bom stood up, dragging Sunny to her feet. They were all standing now - Kris, Kim, CL, Dara, Minzy, and Sunny. This was frightening to be apart of this.

 “We’re not scared of your kind anymore.”

 “That may be.” said Lance. “But, you have no power here. Not against us, the boys. . . and a Protected.”

 CL slapped her thigh, and cackled. “Her, a Protected? That is by far the funniest thing you have said all night. I’ve seen what they can do. She can never be one.”

 “Right. A Shell can not suddenly gain power.” Dara said.

 “But it can happen on the rarest occasions.” Kim said, raising a brow at someone at the table. Chanyeol.

 What were they talking about? Sunny was in over her head.
 And then she felt her body seize up, and she knew she was blacking out-that she was probably going to die. It was like all of the life was being out of her, with all the warmth of her blood. She could hear the sound of thunder. Then the pitter patter of rain drops. A storm was here. Right above them.

 “Your wrong, Uncle K.” CL said. “You know what happens to Shells just the same as I. There’s nothing beginning to hatch inside of her. If the power doesn’t come soon, her aura will disappear. And she’ll die.”
 The winds grew stronger, and all of the boys were standing now. They were getting angry.
 “Shut up! You don’t know what your talking about!” Suho yelled. That’s when the rain started to pour inside of the dining room. Wind followed, sending glasses and plates crashing to the floor. Golden liquid stained the carpeted floor. No one moved.

 CL backed away to the front of the table. The girls followed, Bom dragging Sunny along. She felt helpless. She wanted to break free from Bom’s hold, to run and find the comfort of her mother’s arms, but she still couldn’t move.

 CL turned to the rest of them. She scoffed. “You guys are giving her too much credit. She’s nothing.”

 A glass cup shattered. Then another, and another, and another. Glass was breaking everywhere. Even some of the plates, sending food flying everywhere. The table was slowly starting to float. The chairs banged against the table and each other. And the wind, it was like a tornado was swirling around them, but not picking them up. Lightning crackled. The sound was so loud, Sunny could barely hear anything else. The table thudded against the floor, and floated back up again. The candles flickered on and off, until they completely extinguished themselves. Sunny thought the room was spinning. The dining room door opened, and you could see the front door opening after. Bom’s hand seemed to loosen around hers, and they girls began to wobble. Sunny blinked hard, trying not to pass out.
 There, standing in the middle of it all, was Kris, his brothers standing around him. They were perfectly still, their hair whipping in the wind around them. What was happening?

 That’s when she heard Kris say, “Get the hell away from our girl, witch.”

 Our girl?
 Was that what she was to them?
 Sunny tried to smile, but she couldn’t.

 She felt the wind, a surge of power that literally ripped her hand out of Bom’s, and they were out of the room, toward the front door.

 Sunny collapsed to the floor, and out.


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 Now this update didn't take long :)
Ps. Edit is not mine nor a stores.

 Now, how about that? I believe the story is running smoothly by the minute. See ya next update!~