chapter 5

Pretentious

 

After a called from his mother, which I doubted, Sungjong never left his room, not even for food which is very rare. Everyone close to him knew that he love foods, never said no to them. So here I am, standing in front of his door, still debating whether to knocked or not. But be a good leader I am, I decided to knock the door. I raised my hand up, ready to knock when the door suddenly opened, caught me off guard making me jump slightly.

 

“Oh hyung, what are you doing in front of my door?” he asked looking shocked.

 

I observed his facial, he looked normal I guess, maybe I just thinking too much. “I just want to let you know the food is ready.”

 

“Oh really. Thank God, I’m so hungry right now.” His face lifted up, smiling brightly prior skipped all the way to the dining room aka living room. I just smiled at his childish acted, he really just a kid. When I arrived, I saw all the members were already halfway done with the food, I can only shake my head in disbelief before joining them. We were eating happily while talked and laughed, a moment I would cherish forever

 

Then Hoya brought the topic about our schedule which reminded me that we have a performance in Gwangju next week. That gave me an idea, “You know since we have showcase in Gwangju next week, how about we visit your home, Sungjong? We never really met your family before. What do you guys think?” I waited for the others respond. They nodded their head, agreed with my idea. I looked at Sungjong, only he didn’t answer me yet.

 

He forced a smiled prior answer, “I guess.” I can tell that he not really fond with the idea from the tone he used.

 

“You didn’t seem happy we want to meet your family.” Myungsoo asked with a slight accusing tone. So, it’s not only me who noticed.

 

“It’s not like that. I just don’t know if they can come to the showcase or not. They are really busy nowadays, I need to asked them first.” He reasoned.

 

“Okay then. You can asked them first but let them know we really want to meet them.” I decided.

 

“I’m understand, hyung.”

 

 

Sungjong POV

 

After I promised them that I will let them met my parents, I stayed silent, didn’t bother to joined in their conversion. I quietly finished my meal and heading to my room.

 

I was laying on the bed while hugging my teddy bear, still thinking about the request. It left me with mix feeling. How should I let them met my parents when they never exist? My parents were dead when I was eight, they were murdered. Sometimes I would imagine how my life will be if they still alive. I miss them. I can felt tears in the bream of my eyes but I held back.

 

I should focus on my problem, not crying like a baby. Let bygones be bygones. I took a long, deep breath, tried to calm myself. I only have two options, if I told them the truth, they would ask questions that might divulge my real identity. That were too risk. But if I don’t, I need to show them my ‘parents’. What should I do?

 

‘Aish, what is wrong with Sunggyu hyung, suddenly asked to met my parents. He didn’t bother before, why now?’ I thought, felt angry toward Sunggyu.

 

‘I need to asked help from the Agency.’ I decided. I took my cell phone which I put beside me, I dialed the number and wait for it to connected.

 

“Hello,” someone spoke from the other line.

 

“TOP, I need your help.”

 

 

The next day…

 

At police headquarter...

 

“Sir, you called me?” Donghae asked as soon as he entered An Jae Hwan’s office. He was not alone. There was another person with him. Donghae can’t see his face as he facing the other’s back. 

 

“Yes, I want to introduce you to someone, this Heechul, your new partner.” An Jae Hwan said introduced that person. The said man stand, spun around revealing his profile.

 

He still looked the same in Donghae opinion, still with the same smirk plastered in his face with the same cocky attitude he showed, the only thing that change maybe his hairstyle which is different every time Donghae met him. This would not be the first time they had to work together actually.

 

“My new partner?” Donghae asked shocked. He knew that they need Heechul’s help but he never thought that he had to work with the latter, let alone to be his partner. He didn't like it one bit. No, not like but hate it, he absolutely hate this idea. He hated this man. He can’t stand with his cocky attitude. Sure he was a talented detective but his personality was worse, he was rude, never respect others opinion, narcissist, think almighty of himself and he was not good in teamwork, in short he was a jerk.

 

“Yes, your new partner, Donghae. Heechul was the one who handle that case, so we need his help to solve this case. I don’t think there will be any problem. Both of you had worked together before, so everything will be much easier. Besides, if two of our best detectives work together, I think we can solve this case much faster. I’m counting on both of you. Now, you can dismiss.”

 

Donghae can’t do anything but accepted his boss order. He bowed his head slightly before exit with Heechul tailed behind.

 

“So partner, where should we go first?” Heechul asked as soon as they were far away from An Jae Hwan’s room, putting his hand on Donghae’s shoulder which successfully gained him a glared from Donghae. Donghae ward Heechuls’s hand from his shoulder and walked quickly leaving Heechul behind.

 

“Yah, waited for me. You sill the same, never change.” Heechul called but Donghae didn’t budge instead he quickly his steps, determine to leave Heechul.

 

‘This gonna be interesting.’ Heechul thought, accelerate the pace in effort to pursue Donghae.