chapter 19

Pretentious

The practice felt harder when you’re injured, that was what Sungjong felt as pain penetrated through his body for every attempted and moves he make, especially when the choreography involved his upper body which likely to be in every steps. What make it worse was he can’t express the pain out.

 

He took a sharp breath when the pain exploded after accidently bumped into Hoya while they exchanged place during one of the routines. He felt his eyes water and his face lost the colour.

 

“Are you okay, Sungjong?” Hoya voiced felt far away. His lack of respond caused worry to the hyungs as they began gather around him. Soon, murmurs were heard everywhere but his mind was too occupied with the pain that he hardly registered any of that.

 

“You’re bleeding.” Sungyeol pointed at his right shoulder. Truth to be told, there was a patch of red stained his clothes, at his upper chest more precisely. With a huff, Sungjong grabbed his bag, slung it over his left shoulder and walked out of practice room. Turned to the left, he tried to find the bathroom but since he was unfamiliar with the place, he got lost.

 

“The bathroom was in this direction.” The voice startled him.

 

“Sunggyu hyung.”

 

“You want to go to bathroom right? It was in this direction.” The man pointed at his right. As if he can told the maknae was hesitated, Sunggyu grabbed Sungjong’s hand before dragging him to the mentioned place.

 

They walked down the hallway in silent and stopped once they reached in front of bathroom. “Thank you hyung, you can go now. Sorry for bothering you.” Bowing to the leader, the maknae opened the door. Turning to close and lock it, Sungjong was shocked upon seeing the leader stepped in.

 

“What are you doing, hyung?” Sungjong asked dangerous after he snapped out of his dazes, his hand secured the door.

 

“I w... want to help you. It must be h... hard for you to do it alone. I... I mean the w... wound.” Sunggyu stuttered.

 

“I won’t ask any question. Promise.” Sungjong stated quickly.

 

“No questions?” Out of character, Sungjong held his pinky out and stare innocently at Sunggyu like a child.

 

“No.” Sunggyu latched his pinky onto the other boy’s with a nervous smile.

 

Sungjong make a room for Sunggyu to come in and locked the room afterward. They stared at each other awkwardly for a good 5 minutes, not knowing what to do. Sungjong sighed as he began to take his top off revealing his bare chest that wrapped with now stained bandage. Ignored the intense stare given by Sunggyu, he worked on his bandage where he let it loose. He can hear Sunggyu gasped at the wound.

 

His mouth was slightly opened, body unmoving and colour drained from his face as he stared wide-eyed at the wound. Sunggyu opened his mouth as if he wanted to speak something but snap it shut. Gulped, he gathered the courage to say something, but it came out raspy, barely audible. The view scared the living daylight out of him. The wound was small as it looks like the navel on orange. The skin bulges outward and he can saw the red skin tissue where blood kept oozing out of it. Dark bruise covered around the wound’s area. Even he never saw it before but he can tell it was a gunshot wound.

 

If it wasn’t the fact that he was now in pain, Sungjong would be rolling on the floor, laughing hard looking at Sunggyu’s expression. It was a pure entertainment. The guy looked likes he had seen a ghost, well looking at a wound shot must given him nightmare then. Sungjong wonder if Sunggyu recognized the wound but knowing how smart his leader was, Sungjong bet the latter distinguish it immediately. It wasn’t hard to notify anyway.

 

Concentrated on his wound, Sungjong extended his hand to reach his bag that he put on the sink area. Pulling out a new bandaged and ointment, he was ready to treat his wound. Fortunately, the blood has stopped as Sungjong reached for a paper towel. Wet it with water, Sungjong began wipe the blood traced on the wound. It wasn’t a pleasant experienced as he felt intense sharp pain shot through his body when the open wound make contact with water. He tried to make it as fast as possible.

 

Sunggyu watched in horror as Sungjong wiped his wound a little roughly than he preferred. While the maknae kept a poker face, Sunggyu on the other hand can’t helped but yelped in pain.

 

Satisfied with his worked, Sungjong move on to apply the antibiotic ointment on the wound and once again, he felt a sharp pain. When it’s done, he looked at Sunggyu asking for helped.

 

“Hyung, can you help me wrapped the bandage.” The question had defrosted Sunggyu from his frozen state. Startled, he quickly walked toward the maknae. With a tremble hand, Sunggyu grabbed the bandage and slowly warping it around Sungjong’s chest whilst putting extra careful on the task.

 

“Wow, you are so good.” Sungjong complimented, hand reached for a new clean t-shirt.

 

Sunggyu grinned, proud at his work.

 

Sungjong grabbed his bag and heading to the door. As his hand was about to reach for the knob, Sunggyu stopped him by grabbing his shoulder. He tilted his head, confused at the action.

 

“You should go back.” Although Sungjong understood the order clearly but he chose to pretend he didn’t. His selfish side wanted to hear the care in the older voice. He furrowed his eyebrows as he waited for Sunggyu to elaborate.

 

Sunggyu was hesitated. Unconsciously his hand went to the back of neck, rubbing it awkwardly.

 

“You know you’re injured, so I guess you should rest. I will tell the others.” Sunggyu said quickly as he allowed himself to walk out of the washroom, leaving Sungjong. He assumed Sungjong would follow his advice.

 

Sungjong chuckle as he saw a tinted red on Sunggyu’s cheek. The leader was embarrassed, he guessed. But he glad to know that the man still care for him, it sent a warm felling to his body unknowingly.

 

**************************

 

“Do you hear the news?” the voice asked as soon as TOP answered his phone.

 

“Yes, Hongbae. I heard the news.”

 

“When you will gonna stopped calling me that. I change my name already.” Hongbae said frustrated. TOP was too stubborn as he kept holding on the past.

 

“For me, you’re always Hongbae.” TOP answered nonchalant.

 

He sighed. “Forget about it, what you gonna do with that Sungha... Sungjong or whatever his name is?”

 

“I told you many times already Sungha is not Sungjong and Sungjong is not Dark Angel.” TOP grunted.

 

Clenching on his phone tight, Hongbae kept his voice low, tried to submerge the anger he felt inside. “Listen Seunghyun, we’ve been going through this pointless argument for hundreds times already. He is not Taemin. Taemin is death. Please stop looking at him like he is your brother. Don’t blind yourself.” Hongbae plead desperately.

 

“I don’t know what you talking about.” TOP denied.

 

“I know they looked the same. I saw him already TOP. I even talked to him and I have to admit that he really reminded me of Taemin. But he is not Taemin. Please get that fact through your thick skull, man.” Hongbae was beyond frustrated. He didn’t know what he should do for TOP to understand.

 

“If the reason you called me just to give me a lecture, I hang up.” TOP said, cold.

 

Hongbae was dumbfounded as he heard the dial tone. He looked at the phone on his hand again. “I don’t believe he just hang up on me.” Hongbae was about to dial the number again when he saw his partner coming through the door with a big smile paste on his face.

 

“Aish you will pay Seunghyun-ah for dare to hang up on me.” An evil plan quickly slipped in his mind as he gave an equally evil smirk.

 

************************************

 

Donghae was in happy mood as he skipped along the hallway with one aim, the office. He can’t wait to meet Heechul, to tell him his finding. He was enthusiastic to show the older the file he collected from the Seoul Forensic Department.

 

“Heechul, I got something for you.” Donghae waved the file for the older to see.

 

Heechul tossed away his phone as he received the file. “What is this?” He asked while flipped open the file.

 

Donghae smiled. “That will turn the case into a new direction.” Donghae pointed.

 

“Where do you get this?” Heechul didn’t lift his head, too preoccupied with the images and the explanations. He was amused on Donghae’s ability.

 

“I have this doubt for awhile now. What if it was another person? I know we have rejected that theory since no one knew about the number thingy.” Donghae said quickly as Heechul seem to object.

 

“So, I asked the forensic officer to examine the from the wounds cause by stabbed from the cold cases and the new cases; and compared both. As I thought, it was done by two difference peoples. Hence, it leads me to this.”

 

Donghae took out another file from his table, “with that acknowledge, I tried to find something more about the victims. What make they become the target? I do this in secret.” Donghae gave the file for Heechul to read.

 

“I had hacked the system to find a case where only a high authority knew about it and I have to say that I was surprise with what I found.” Donghae smiled. Heechul opened the file and his eyes met with pictures of Lee Seung-hyun, Kang Daesung and Dong Youngbae, he was death last night.

 

“These three were suspect as a top criminal’s right hand. Do you ever hear the name Choi SeungHyun, mostly known as TOP?”

 

There was a known glint shown in Heechul’s eyes.

 

Donghae smirk, “he was raised by Yang Hyun Suk, a leader of a gang name Big Bang dealing with drugs, ion, human trafficking and many more. After Yang Hyun Suk dead, TOP was elected as the new leader and there were five peoples that became his right men.”

 

“Seungri.” Donghae pointed at picture of Lee Seung-hyun. “Daesung.” Kang Daesung. “Taeyang.” Dong Youngbae. “G-Dragon. His real name is Kwon Jiyong.” At a picture of young man, he had a dark blonde hair that he let sleeked to the side with a small brown eyes. “And the last one was known as Dark Angel. No pictures or any information about him.”

 

“From this information, I concluded that whoever the killer is, he has some grudge against Big Bang or maybe TOP. My guess the next victim will be between this two but I bet it will be this guy, G-Dragon.”

 

“You just assume that because you don’t know another face, right?” Heechul accused.

 

Donghae grinned. “You just know me too much. Yes, because we can’t follow a person without a face.”

 

“So, when you want to start stalk this guy.”

 

“Now.” with that Donghae dragged Heechul out of the office much to the latter dismay.

 

“Do you even know where he is?” Heechul tried to pull his hand away from Donghae’s death grip but no avail. Donghae just gave a sweet sugary smile.

 

 

 

sorry for taking such a long time to update this

i already finish wrote this chapter few days ago but forgot to update

if there is any confusion, feel free to ask

comment and critics will always be welcome

finally enjoy!!!!!

and before i forget, have you already check out the new song from our hamster gyu^^

the song '60 seconds' it's really a great song and the mv, i love you myungsoo