Chapter 1

Pretentious

I woke with a blinding pain in my head. I tried to touch it to see where it was injured but then I realized my hand was tied. I open my eyes and waited for it to adjust the light. When they did, I can see everyone were in the same boat as me, unconscious with hands were bound together. I look around, absorb the surrounding. The room was small and dirty with mouse and cockroaches were seen skittering around the room. If the maknae see this, he will be jumping and screaming by now.

 

Suddenly, I heard noise like a door being opened. Then seven men in black suits came in. They have big built and scary faces which make me scared a little. Just a little and I can see a glimpse of, woah, is that a gun? Who are these guys actually? Without warning one of them started to pull me up. I can see the other guys did the same to the other members. We were dragged into a big room with nothing but seven chairs and a table. We were put on a seat. My eyes kept wandering for an escape route. I can see doors but it closed and there were men guarding the doors. How should we escape from here?

 

“You must be wandering why all of you are here, am I right?” A man showed up. He seems like a good person with a white suit hug his body and a very gentle face, a look that can deceive anyone. If you look carefully you can see a gun strapped in his waist. He looked no older than 30 years old. He must be their boss.

 

“What do you want? Why we are here?” Hoya asked the man.

 

“What I want? Hahaha… nothing, just want to find a friend of mine,” the Boss said with a smirk paste on his face.

 

“What it has anything to do with us?” asked Woohyun.

 

“Of course, since that friend among you guys.”

 

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol asked. We were confused with what he meant.

 

“That is nothing of your concern. But I believe one of you know what I am talking about, isn’t you Mr. Dark Angel?” His eyes look at each one of us, maybe trying to find a hint from us.

 

I still didn’t understand what he talking about. Who is this Dark Angel? Is that even a name? What a bizarre name.

 

“Well, it looks like you didn't want to reveal yourself. You left me with no choice then. Siwon, grab that kid and bring him here,” the Boss said to one of his men who apparently name Siwon. Siwon proceed to grab Sungjong and bring him to the front.

 

What the hell? Did he just grab the maknae. Just because he looks weak and like an easiest target, they took him. I can see the others try to protest too.

 

I can see Sungjong tense and he looks afraid. If I was at his place I would felt the same. I don’t know what this guy capable to do. They cut the rope that bind his hand and put his right hand on the table with force while his other hand was held by Siwon. Another person came near Sungjong. I can see an ugly scar on his face, a burnt scar. He held a small dagger but I know it was very sharp. I don’t know what he gonna do with that dagger but I don’t want it near Sungjong.

 

I can’t tear my eyes away from the dagger, afraid it will hurt Sungjong. It looks like the others feel the same way like me. Their eyes keep following the dagger. And when the dagger stops just a mere inch away from Sungjong’s right hand, my breath stopped. That was dangerously near, and if someone pushed just a little bit more, the dagger will cut his flesh for sure.

 

“So, you still didn’t want to show up yourself. Then, your friend here has to pay for it.”  The Boss nodded his head to the scarred man. I know what happen next will not gonna be good, I closed my eyes shut prepare to heard a screaming of pain. What I heard next was not what I expected. I heard sound of dagger pierced into flesh… someone grunted in pain…a thud like something heavy felt on the floor… a gasp…another thud… and Woohyun loud voice screaming, “What are you doing…?” I opened my eyes and shocked of what I’d seen. There, on the floor lay two men death no breathing in pool of bloods.

 

I quickly brought my eyes to Sungjong. He was standing behind the Boss. His left hand was holding the Boss while his right hand that held the dagger, now covering with blood, was shoved dangerously near to the Boss’s neck. His face showed no emotion. It was my first time seeing him like that and it scare me. This is not Sungjong that I known.

 

Maybe after realized that their boss was in danger, the men rushed to us and pointed the guns into our head much to our displeased.

 

“Put down the dagger or we blown your friend head.”

 

“Don’t move!” Sungjong said. He held the dagger with much force not wanting to back down.

 

“Put down the dagger, Sungjong. Please.” Dongwoo pleaded. He surely scared. His body trembling in feared and he was in the verge of crying.

 

“Listen to your friend, Sungjong-shii. Put this dagger down. I don’t think you want any of your friends hurt right.” With the words, the Boss grabbed Sungjong’s hand and brought it down. I can see Sungjong hesitated but followed. But then he did the unexpected. He threw the dagger into my direction. The dagger flew past me and pierced into the hand of men behind me make him let go the gun. He crouched while holding his bloody hand.

 

Without wasting any time Sungjong grabbed the gun and shot the other five who were still shocked from the sudden attacked. Each one of them was shot in the heart. Death.

 

“Too easy.” Sungjong smiled but somehow it looked creepy.

 

I can see more people coming. More than twenty peoples I guess. Each of them held a gun on their hand. They obviously heard the gunshot. All of them directed the guns into Sungjong. However, he didn’t look afraid. He just stood there and smiled.

 

“Put the guns down. And leave this room” The Boss said suddenly. His men looked confused but did it anyway.

 

“What about these boys, boss? What should we do to them?”

 

“Just the usual.”