chapter 20

Pretentious

 

Yujin and Seyong strolled nervously along the dark hallway, only accompanied by a dim light that barely lit the way giving an eerie feeling which really not helped to soothe their heart that beating crazily. They walked in silence with no chitchat to fill the gap, too overwhelmed with their own individual thoughts that circle around the same thing- their possible future once they reached the room.

Beads of sweat starting to form on their forehead as they can saw the end of the hallway was getting near and a shadow of grey door welcoming them.

They stopped in front of the door, staring at it nervously.

As the older of the two, Seyong took the responsible to open the door, prayed silently for they were not welcome by a flying knife, dagger or any sharp object aiming for his head.

He gave a small smile toward his childhood friend- maybe the last one if they didn’t survived- before he grabbed the knob of the door. Taken a deep breath, he twisted it and the door opened, revealing the man that they fear. He was staring dagger at them with the hand still holding a vase that soon ruptured into thousand pieces.

Seyong gulped.

‘This is really bad.’

 

****************

After the called from Hongbae who brought the news, TOP was overwhelmed with anger. He can’t pinpoint what the real reasons behind it.

Is it because Hongbae had mentioned about Taemin although the man knew that it was a taboo topic?

Or...is it because the fact that Hongbae had crossed the line once again by kept pressuring him on Sungjong’s matter although TOP had given his warning?

Or... is it because the feeling of betrayal he felt deep down from the person he considered as brother?

Maybe all of them, TOP thought as his hand grabbed another valuable item from the rack and threw it to the floor, watching it broke into thousand pieces. It didn’t help to calm down his temper instead it makes him felt worse.

He kept staring at the broken pieces like his life depend on it. Unconsciously his hand reached for one piece and brought it to his face. Now that he had looked closely, he realized that the piece was a present from Sungjong for his 25th birthday.

“Sungjong.” The name slipped his lips.

 

“I introduce you to Dark Angel. I want him to become your pioneer TOP. From now on, he will follow you on every mission I gave. Train him well.” Yang Hyung Suk tapped TOP’s shoulder softly before leaving the room, giving a chance for both of them to break the ice.

TOP glanced at the boy whose face he can’t seen so well as it was hide by a long bang he kept but even that he can tell the boy was beautiful... like Taemin. The thought struck him.

 

“Yes, Sungjong is beautiful like Taemin but he kept it hiding with a bang or mask.” TOP thought as he caught a glimpse of what he thought a mask under a pile of books.

 

“Why you always kept your bang down?” TOP asked one day after they finished their training. Resting under the tree, TOP let his mouth loose, something he never did since he lost Taemin and Hongbae. It was unusual to saw him as someone who started the conversation because he hardly said a word when he was with others.

He waited for the other to answer. Sungjong, he learned the name after two months the younger had trained with him. He felt proud as he was the only one except his boss that knew the younger’s name.

Sungjong looked up from his water bottle. “Why you asked?”

“Just curious.” TOP answered nonchalant

Sungjong chuckled for the first time since he met TOP and the latter swear his heart skip a beat at the melody produced. It was beautiful. “Curiosity can kill the cat.” Sungjong warned.

“That only work for a weak.” TOP said, rushed.

Sungjong smiled. “No reason actually, just wanted to hide my feminine face.” TOP waited for the younger to continue as he knew there were a lot of things about Sungjong that he didn’t know.

“I used to be bully because of how I look, so I never felt comfortable with my face. Even my dad hated it.” That was the first time Sungjong had mentioned about his family and the last time too.

 

“Family... now I know why you never mentioned about your family, Sungjong. If I know who your family is, who you really are, I will be killing you long time ago.” TOP let out a dry laugh.

He tears the document apart, the document that contain the information of Sungjong that blew everything he knew about the person he thought as brother before threw it into dustbin and using a lighter, TOP lit a fire to burn the remaining pieces.

 

”This will be your first homework. Watch carefully and learn.” TOP said before he disappeared into dark. Sungjong quickly followed after.

TOP ran straight to his target. Without hesitation, he stabbed the first man at his abdomen while putting pressure on it to make the wound went deeper. Pulled out the knife, he was ready to attack the second victim. Although, the man had showed his spirit by fighting back but it was no availed as TOP easily tamed the man. It was an easy killed. No much fun in his part.

He proceed to tackle the last one, the boss who watched in horror as he keep glancing between his now death bodyguards and the cold-blooded murderer in front of him.

TOP watched with amused as the man held tightly into his briefcase, protecting it with his life while his legs began stepping back until his back collide into the cold wall.

“Last wish?”

“HELP!!!” The man yelled out of nowhere. His eyes stared straight ahead, something had caught his attention.

“Help me, please. This man wants to kill me.”

Curious, TOP looked behind. Swirling his body he smiled as he spotted Sungjong walking into his direction. He was unusually pale but maintained his usual poker face regardless.

“Want to watch personally?”

No answer like always. TOP revert his attention back to the forgotten man. The man now was shaking uncontrollable, his eyes open wide with mouth agape. Not believe that his supposed source of help turned out to be the ally of the murderer.

It took only a few minutes for TOP to finish the last man. When he did, he walked back to the first victim. Kneel beside the man, he took the victim’s wrist and carved number one on it. “This will mark the beginning of our lesson.”

 

And that was the beginning of the random murders (not really random in his opinion) for two years long where each victim had numbers carved in their wrist. It was funny when the case was given to their man later. So ignorant.

“No, we are the ignorant. We invite the enemy to the clan and treat him like family for years. How stupid?” TOP let out a pain laughter. The reality had struck him hard but this would change. He would pay for his betrayal.

The sudden rage washed over him and he was ready to lash it out by threw the vase when two young men burst in.

He recognized them instantly, Seyong and Yujin. It wasn’t hard as he had met both of them only few days ago, instructed them to be helper on a drug deal. Then the idea came to him. He would use these two men in his plan. A plan to destroy Lee Sungjong.

 

the long wait chapter finally here

sorry for taking such a long time to update but i just got into this small writer-block

anyway it will be only a few chapters more before this story end. so stay tune

critic and suggestion are welcome

ENJOY!!! ^_^